Review titles... do you like them cryptic or clear?

Heya,

I was wondering how people feel about review titles for the sex toys et al. on Lovehoney?
I mean, do you like cryptic, funny, or really clear titles?
I find that when browsing reviews on the review page, I generally pick out the cryptic or jokey titled ones, over the the obvious ones like 'really good' etc etc. Not to say that those reviews aren't brilliant, accurate, reliable, or interesting, because of course most will be. But what actually draws me to read a review for a product I may have not actually searched/or even heard of, is the odd titles.

I haven't written many reviews on Lovehoney, but I do enjoy doing so, and reading others.
My most recent review is here Chocolate Body Paint Tube 150ml&reviewpage=1#customer_reviews entitled 'A bit like celery'. And as I said, I don't know whether it's a good idea to include jokes or cryptic titles.

Whatcha think?

xxx

The Lh team went through a phase of editing review titles for clarity. I'm not sure if this is still their policy but they definitely prefer a clear title :)

Adx

yeah they capitalise the first letter and change alright to all right :P it doesnt matter too much as people tend to go to a product and then look at the reviews for it and dont really see the title anyway. i just put anything down for the title

fistinglover69 wrote:

yeah they capitalise the first letter and change alright to all right :P it doesnt matter too much as people tend to go to a product and then look at the reviews for it and dont really see the title anyway. i just put anything down for the title

It's the only bit they will actually change. Anything else only gets changed if it's too rude or makes no sense at all but I know they like an informative title.

Adx

I like something a little clever myself

Alicia D'amore wrote:

The Lh team went through a phase of editing review titles for clarity. I'm not sure if this is still their policy but they definitely prefer a clear title :)

Adx

Ah, yes, this was a very short-lived phase that we stopped very quickly! We've had a do-as-you-please take on review titles for a long while now .

Aha, I agree with you Adriana.

It's interesting to hear about Lovehoney's different phases of title editing, I'm glad that LH is open-minded to review titles now; variety keeps it intresting! :) x

to be honest? I read BOTH the few best and the few worst reviews and decide which I care about more.... (Sorry to anyone who's ever rated 2-3 stars on anything ;)

I like something a bit clever; you can always read the content to find out what it's actually on about!

Personally I don't like to come up with titles as I am not good at short witty ones. On my review site I simply title them as the product. This works better for me.

I don't even read the titles if I'm honest! I find it tricky to come up with them sometimes, but I tend to visually skip them as I'm reading down the page anyway.