Reviews of discontinued products

Ok I know this is a daft question but I wanted clarification anyway. I bought a product that has now been discontinued. I’d written a review of it offline but when I went to post it, I realised the item was no longer stocked. It seems to be giving me the option to post the review (I didn’t go any further than the first page) but would there be any point in me posting it? Would it just be a review for the staff to read and discard?

I had two lines of thinking on it:

1) No point in having a review for an item no longer stocked therefore don’t bother because people can’t buy it anymore.

2) Would it be worth posting anyway, in case further down the line the item is available on the site again and there’s already a rating and review for it.

Maybe I should have emailed customer support about it, but decided to ask the question here instead, in case there were other people who have bought products that are no longer on the site and were wondering the same thing.

Good answer Ruth!

Thanks for the reply! I've decided to put my review up on the site so if the product is stocked again, I hope people will find it helpful!!