Riding Crop !!!

Hi It's Abby here ;

My OH & I are keen to progress from a spanking paddle to a riding crop !!! , we love the lovehoney ones in red or black.

Tell me , How painful is it to receive strokes from a riding crop ? Will it leave red strokes on my bottom ? , and will my bottom be buring hot !!!???

Should I wear my knickers for added protection ?

I can't wait !! please tell me your experiences. Abby

Have you read the reviews?

Or you could forget about your knickers and get him to flick your nipples with the tip. ;) x

It's more to a lot more intense than a paddle, obviously depending on your paddle. Think surface area.

If your partner is gentle and you both ease into it, it won't hurt in a bad way. It will definitely sting like a b***h if you're not warmed up/ready for it. Start off with your paddle and move on to gently using the crop once you're ready. Whacking full force with a crop the same way many tend to whack with a paddle is a sure fire way to raise a yelp and spoil the fun, so it's worth easing off till you get to know the new implement.

I would reccomend one like this for a first crop as it has satin padding on one side. This will serve to save your bottom while your partner learns to use the crop correctly and also to warm you up for the sharper side:

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=21802

I'd suggest reading the reviews of different crops and choosing one that beginners have found suitable. When it comes to actually using the crop, ask your partner to begin with very light taps and then slowly increase the power behind them until you reach a point you like. For some people the point they like is a red raw backside, for others it's a gentle tap. Both are perfectly ok.

The key thing is communication. Talk about what you would like and any concerns you have before the crop comes out. When you are playing, say how it feels. If it feels good, say so. If it is a bit much, say so. If you want to stop, say so. If you want, having a safeword is another way to communicate. Either have a word to end all play or use the traffic lights system (green is good, yellow is getting close to your limits, red is stop).

This might be a good crop for you since it has a satin and a leather side. The sayin side is much gentler so that might be a good place to start http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=21802

ooohh we have the fsog sweet sting and it is a huge favortie of ours!

I find crops rather stingy and they do mark easily, but they can be used gently.

A riding crop's purpose is to enable a 60-kg human to hurt a 600-kg horse. Which the vast majority of riders don't actually do.

So yes, strokes from a riding crop can seriously hurt. Or not at all. It completely depends on the user. Which is why I think the crop itself (and its review) matter very little.

What is important is that the wielder of the crop knows what s/he is doing - I'd suggest trying it out on oneself before hitting somebody else with it. And you must be 100% in control when using a riding crop and never ever get carried away or lose your temper (with people or horses ;) ).