Romantic Hotels Newcastle Upon Tyne?

Hya all,

Can anyone recomend a romantic Hotel in Newcastle Upon Tyne for my 10 year annivesary ?

Thanks in advance

x

If you wanted a fine restaurant I could have helped.

Hya Alastor will take Restaurant aswell please :)

If you're looking for city centre, the Malmaison is lovely, and you get get views that overlook the River Tyne. The Vermont Hotel is beautiful if you want to go out for a meal, but I would stay there, I've heard the rooms have gone downhill in the past year or so. Hotel Du Vin is also really beautiful too!!

Oh, Marco Pierre White Steakhouse do amazing Sunday lunches!!!

Thanks MrsMcX they both look lovely are they both in the the city centre near shopes restaurants etc?

x

Audrianna87 wrote:

Blackfriars. Inventive food really well cooked. My wife is on theirmailing list and they got a recommendation in an Esquire article re the area I believe.

Alastor wrote:

Audrianna87 wrote:

Blackfriars. Inventive food really well cooked. My wife is on theirmailing list and they got a recommendation in an Esquire article re the area I believe.

Thank you :)

x

MrsMcX wrote:

Oh, Marco Pierre White Steakhouse do amazing Sunday lunches!!!

Thank you :)

x

They're both in the City Centre, the Malmaison is closest, maybe a 10 minute walk from Central Station. Hotel du Vin is slightly further away, maybe about a 20 minute walk. But there's a taxi rank outside Central Station that could take you there. Both hotels are on the quayside, overlooking the River Tyne. All the best bars and eateries are on the quayside, there's plenty in the city centre, but they're more your average places like Chinese food and Frankie's and Benny's, Pizza Hut etc. But, there are some clubs on the quayside, so if you're going on a weekend it will probably be really busy. The clubs down on the quayside are more upmarket, and the average clubs are up in the city centre where it can get quite rough on a Saturday night!!

But there's a great metro system running all around Tyne and Wear, and some more Boutique style guest houses in a town near Newcastle called Jesmond. It's a five minute metro journey to the City Centre, so that's also an option. There's also the metro centre for great shopping and they have some lovely places to eat too, you can get a train there from Central Station and will take about 7/8 minutes to get there x

MrsMcX wrote:

They're both in the City Centre, the Malmaison is closest, maybe a 10 minute walk from Central Station. Hotel du Vin is slightly further away, maybe about a 20 minute walk. But there's a taxi rank outside Central Station that could take you there. Both hotels are on the quayside, overlooking the River Tyne. All the best bars and eateries are on the quayside, there's plenty in the city centre, but they're more your average places like Chinese food and Frankie's and Benny's, Pizza Hut etc. But, there are some clubs on the quayside, so if you're going on a weekend it will probably be really busy. The clubs down on the quayside are more upmarket, and the average clubs are up in the city centre where it can get quite rough on a Saturday night!!

But there's a great metro system running all around Tyne and Wear, and some more Boutique style guest houses in a town near Newcastle called Jesmond. It's a five minute metro journey to the City Centre, so that's also an option. There's also the metro centre for great shopping and they have some lovely places to eat too, you can get a train there from Central Station and will take about 7/8 minutes to get there x

Thank you so much, will be staying on a Monday for a couple nights so i think will choose the malmaison having looked at them both. Only problem is there website doesnt seem to show much photo wise about the rooms.

x

Search for it on Trip Advisor and there will probably be pictures that people who have stayed there have uploaded. It's really lovely :)

MrsMcX wrote:

Search for it on Trip Advisor and there will probably be pictures that people who have stayed there have uploaded. It's really lovely :)

Will do thanks again.

x

No problem, hope it helps. If you need to know anything else just let me know :)