Rope bondage

Anyone have any suggestions of good website / videos to learn rope ties?
I've had a look on YouTube and have yet to find a video I can get on with that isnt too fast for a beginner or really drawn out. Tips would be appreciated x

Watch a scouts video!!maybe 😂 That would hopefully be good for beginners :-) I never met anyone I trust enough for bondage one day hopefully x

Search YT for sliding zip snare. Easy peasey x

Have you tried The Twisted Monk videos on Youtube? Also there are social/community groups for rope enthusiasts that hold regular events/meets. Most welcome all levels and offer workshops, demos and casual, relaxed tying sessions.

It's difficult to find partners and mentors when trying to learn by yourself, though! I can attest to that. That and finding the time to get out there with a full time job etc.

Good luck!

Sex Squid wrote:

Search YT for sliding zip snare. Easy peasey x

Thank you that one looks really easy and also easy to undo when needed.

Eager-2-Please wrote:

Have you tried The Twisted Monk videos on Youtube? Also there are social/community groups for rope enthusiasts that hold regular events/meets. Most welcome all levels and offer workshops, demos and casual, relaxed tying sessions.

It's difficult to find partners and mentors when trying to learn by yourself, though! I can attest to that. That and finding the time to get out there with a full time job etc.

Good luck!

Thank you I will take a look at the twisted monk videos. The community groups sound really interesting! Would be good to be able to go and learn rather than tying myself up! How would I even begin to find a group like that near me?

I'd look on FetLife to start with. You can search groups and events based on search terms and areas of the country, etc.

I attended a rope bondage workshop for women only at Coco De Mer London last month. The 4.5 hours hands on were very informative. I understand that they hold monthly workshops on basic rope tie-up, suspension and other topics. Cost is £90. You may want to check up their calendar if you're keen.

Think this is one area LH could give some thoughts into it. BDSM is not uncommon in this forum and I'm sure members will be delighted and jumped for joy.

Think it may not be right to mention the links, but if you make a little more effort on the internet, there's a list of them will appear including self help groups.

4Uonly wrote:

I attended a rope bondage workshop for women only at Coco De Mer London last month. The 4.5 hours hands on were very informative. I understand that they hold monthly workshops on basic rope tie-up, suspension and other topics. Cost is £90. You may want to check up their calendar if you're keen.

Think this is one area LH could give some thoughts into it. BDSM is not uncommon in this forum and I'm sure members will be delighted and jumped for joy.

Absolute fantastic idea if you are around the London area. Coco De Mer Salons are amazing.

We have two books which are quite useful and I have browsed through them, seems pretty simple and step by step

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=26944

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=26946

Lovehoney - Paige@
Thanks for the link. Adding this to my wish list.
https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=26946

Hey Scarlett! The salons are great and I have heard excellent things about them. With rope ties just ensure you buy some silk rope as this works wonders and it's much easier to tie with. After that it's all about practice!

If you search for "shibari" tutorials then you should be able to find some really easy to follow guides and online you will find the bdsm wiki which is an excellent resource for anything kink

I'm not sure for videos but there's a lot of suggestions here already for that. I have seen local group meet ups be posted on the fetlife site. They usually keep time n location private n share that with you once you email or comment to suggest your interested. I am a little rope bunny beginner myself and my best friend loves escapology and we plan to attend one in the future some time. People I've spoke to have said they're really good meet ups. They're non play and you stay clothed . I mean there's also other ones you could attend that may be play events but as a beginner I haven't looked that far into it. I've seen posts for them just don't read.

I've also read all these suggestions myself posted here. Thanks people :D xxxx

So many great suggestions! Will certainly look into the fetlife site and the courses. It sounds like exactly the thing I am looking for, stay clothed and just able to practise and learn the techniques of tying.

I love you guys in the lovehoney community, so great to be able to freely ask questions like this and get such helpful responses. Thanks! 😚

Our very own Jess Wilde (Bondage sexpert) has a vlog on how to make a rope corset:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94HmaHXfMQY&list=PL0G-eJWh4vmckRKA5PauUu2QxJqk56CGn&index=4

Although not ties it gives you an idea of the rope and how it looks/works. 

Included is the book she has used to learn from too... Showing you the ropes

I love rope bondage, the corset looks fab and feels great too! The things you can do is amazing, 

Just started rope bondage with our friends in my new dungeon. They soon had me tied up in knots and left to be used by anyone who was passing by!

The Two Knotty Boys books (Showing you the Ropes and Back in the Ropes) that have already been mentioned are my absolute go to, awesome for beginners and you need no previous knowledge, but they also have free videos for a huge selection on their website.
http://www.knottyboys.com/code/downloads.php

Natt

Since completing my dungeon furniture ive never seen so much rope of different. I've just had a spanking frame delivered today where you can't move a musule once roped in and everything is exposed for my doms to use. My wife has invited two of her lady friends for supper tonight. I think I'm the desert course.

chisel wrote:

Just started rope bondage with our friends in my new dungeon. They soon had me tied up in knots and left to be used by anyone who was passing by!

Wow, don't know many people who actually have a sex dungeon. A bit jealous!!! Enjoy!

It's mainly because lots of our friends show interest including my wife and her sub ( me ) and that I have a nice warm old farm building attached to our house and a bit of DIY that got me going. Since it;s completion several days ago it has been in use quite a bit now and my sore backside and back proves it. One of my latest frames has been nicknamed " head down arse up". I'm sure you can imagine what thts all about.