Rope Ties

Me and the OH have recently invested in some rope and I'm loving it! Done some basic and pentagram chest harness pieces and recently the Karada in my avatar.

Does anyone have any good websites or youtube links on ties because the site we were using is pretty limited. I'd love to try and accessible hog tie and more large pieces :)

With rope play I feel you have got to get this right otherwise it could become distessing for the person being tied up .

Its not our thing admittedly because I am hopeless and helpless when it comes to tieing knots. I didn't last long oin the scouts !

Any way If it as me I would look at investing in the books by Two Knotty Boys , both available from Lovehoney and both get good reviews .

"Showing you the Ropes"

"Back on the Ropes"

I am guessing the second one will have more advanced tecniques perhaps the thing you are looking for. Maybe worth contacting Customer Services and get them to check for you .

I am guessing , possibly for similar reasons to mine there arn't that many on here I know are into rope play. Most people prefer the easier to use ready made restraints as we do .

I'd recommend the bondage boutique soft hogtie kit, recently reviewed on my profile.... Combined with ropes secured beneath the bed, you've also got a ready made under bed restraint kit :)

Sex Squid wrote:

I'd recommend the bondage boutique soft hogtie kit, recently reviewed on my profile.... Combined with ropes secured beneath the bed, you've also got a ready made under bed restraint kit :)

No fun in having it ready made! :P Prefer getting hands on and the satisfaction of actually making it.

mysteron wrote:

With rope play I feel you have got to get this right otherwise it could become distessing for the person being tied up .

Its not our thing admittedly because I am hopeless and helpless when it comes to tieing knots. I didn't last long oin the scouts !

Any way If it as me I would look at investing in the books by Two Knotty Boys , both available from Lovehoney and both get good reviews .

"Showing you the Ropes"

"Back on the Ropes"

I am guessing the second one will have more advanced tecniques perhaps the thing you are looking for. Maybe worth contacting Customer Services and get them to check for you .

I am guessing , possibly for similar reasons to mine there arn't that many on here I know are into rope play. Most people prefer the easier to use ready made restraints as we do .

Thanks for the recommendation I'll have a nosey now. We've been invited to a rope workshop but it's on days where I work. :(

The Two Knotty Boys books are great. How new are you to shibari? If all you've done so far is follow step by step instructions on specific pieces I'd go for the more basic book, Showing You The Ropes. It's got a great variety of knots, wraps and ties that, once mastered, should give you a great foundation to both create your own more elaborate pieces and understand the terms used to be able to follow more complex step by steps.

It's also got a great variety of step by step pieces, the book is sectioned into knots, basic bondage (including wraps, shackles, quick harness etc), decorative bondage (harnesss, corset, panties, bra, bodysuit etc), dominance bondage (more harnesses, hog tie, bit gag, rope cage etc) and sex bondage (table tie down, chair ties, rope strap on etc). So while it is the more basic of the two books, it has great variety and is by no means something you won't learn anything from. There's a lot to master and once you have worked through the book there's probably not a whole lot you won't be able to figure out yourself. From what I've seen of the second book (back on the ropes) you need to know the stuff from the first book to get the most out of it too.

It also talks about rope safety dos and don'ts, which are well worth reading as most websites will assume you know this already and jump you straight into how to tie the pieces without making sure you can tie a rope safely in the first place, along with rope care and how to pick the right ropes for you. All in all a very useful intro to the world of ropes!

Here is a suggestion that I have never seen done at alt play parties or even online vids that I used to love doing. It will take some practise and some figuring but once you have it worked out it is very different from what anyone else is doing. I will try to describe it best I can…

I bought a spool of soft rope about the size of an electrical cord. I then cut a bunch of lengths to 20’ and melted the ends to prevent unwinding. Fold them all in half and then tie in a single ring at the mid section of all pieces. I then suspended all the rope ends from the ceiling. I was single at the time but had a very naughty neighbour that was willing to come over in a bikini and had the patience to allow me to practise. I placed her under the ring and started knotting the rope each strand at a time to create a fishnet affect all the way to the ankles. It took a few tries to get the spacing and hitches right but once I got it figured it worked as a full body Chinese finger trap type deal. If she lowered at all the entire rope cage would tighten.

I have photos of my practise attempts but obviously can’t share them here.