Rubber Fetish - worth the effort?

I'm currently thumbing my way through the book 'Rubber Girl' by William Doughty and am getting more than a bit urned on by the thought of being clad in skin tight rubber.

What I can't decide is whether this is one of those fetishes best left in the world of fantasy or worth exploring further.

Do any of you out there partake in this particula kink and if so, does the fetish outweight all the preparation, perspiration, talcum powder and cleanup that appears to accompany the wearing of lots of rubber?

ive never tried it before but i think it would be a lot of fuss/hassle, but i would love to try it

It's a love it or not thing is latex, some people are crazy about it - you don't know until you try.

Personally it doesn't float my boat (but PVC and lace and such do). I used to be a cutter making to measure for a top latex couture place in London and the best thing was all the scraps got pushed onto the floor to be cleared at the end of the day, until then I had latex like a ragrug under my feet and it was incredibly sensual. That's the only time I have enjoyed it myself

I've not used it sexually but have worn a latex dress for a night out. It was fun and latex clothing is lovely IMHO but I was very very hot. I wore a bra and knickers and they were soaked in sweat ick. I think for a few hours it would defo be fun and dressing up in the beedroom is always good. I personally wouldn't be into it more than that.

Have a rubberised mac, but don't really like the smell that much, also have rubber thongs and pouches, quite like the freedom and frissom of naughtyness!!

Tallboy

It all depends on what turns you on i guess, my boyfriend loves nothing more that getting suited up in his latex, he's bought me a few pieces too, and it doesnt take anytime to talc up.

Personally it doesnt do much for me but he loves it.

only down side is the price. Good quality outfits will cost £100's+

I'd advise starting small, maybe some stockings and underwear to see if you like it :)

Welcome on-board pink llama - thanks for the input.

There is certainly something appealing abou the smooth, shiny lines of a body clad in latex or rubber. I guess I have to added a rubber outfit to the ever growing list of things to try - 'don't knock it 'till you've tried it' I always say!

Birthday coming up l may venture forth into this area, must be something in it !!

Tallboy

Either way we want photo's so we can assess the look

I like latex :-) Latex for me is fun in the bedroom or on a night out, plus my bf loves me in my black latex dress with a pair of platform heels.

I have worn my latex dress on nights out; be warned ;-) latex shows every lump and bump, thus I don’t wear under wear with the dress. I agree with Imeldaimelda, wearing latex on a night out does tend to be a warm experience, but it’s not enough to put me off. Latex clothing needs care and you have to shine it to get the super shiny look, PVC is much less work but the look is not as skin tight. I would recommend people give latex a go.

Depends on how thick teh latex is though. I got stuff deliberately so I could wear underwear, ut then sometimes the point is not to!! I really do like latex.

My dress is made of the thinner latex. I did not get it from lovehoney.co.uk but it’s the same as this one, Sharon Sloane Latex Rubber Mini.

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=754

A friend makes mine so I can specify

hmm latex? I dont know how much id enjoy that in the bedroom as its hot enough there without adding rubber to the mix

Hmmm, mixed opinion indeed!

I would personally love to try out a little latex. I'm very aroused by different textures and am always open to new experiences. Undoubtedly the hassle of getting it on and off and the sweatiness is off-putting to most but sometimes things are worth the effort and I've never been one to worry about bodily fluids!

A GF of mine just tried out a latex mini-dress on her husbands birthday. In the absence of latex shiner she rubbed on baby oil to get it to glisten. It barely covered her ass (why do they make them soooo short for us leggy ladies?) and was a far from sexy experience to get into but once revealed to her husband...well, I'll just say he almost came on the spot and she was so bruised from the days activities that she was still walking bandy legged at the school gates on Monday ;-)

Legs xx

I'm not so keen on the whole latex/rubber thing (god, what would it do to my bulgy bits????), but i've always liked the idea of leather next to my skin, and thanks to the LH sale, I've now got the most fabulous Leather Corset Dress, and a daring Leather Crotchless Thong. Now just got to find the right time to wear them and surprise the OH....

Ooooh Whirlybird,

Sounds divine!

What a lucky hubby you have, roll on the unveiling ;-)

Have a lovely evening,

Legs xx

Hey Legs! Was aiming to "unveil" them this evening, but I'm ill in bed again (groan) and the OH has just announced he's got toothache, so I guess they'll have to wait until another time But I think he'll enjoy the surprise, particularly when I team them with my kick-ass black suede knee high boots - yum yum!

Latex is brill for lumps and bumps honest coz it holds it all in and smoothes you out. I'm with you on the leather thing though.

Go Whirlybird,

I predict a riot! ;-)

Boots sound DIVINE, sooooo jealous!

Evening lovely Imelda, my GF has just tried out latex and wholeheartedly agrees with its 'holding in' powers.

(Unfortunately her husband got the benefit, I'm yet to find out for myself!)

Mmmmm leather! You are girls after my own heart!

Legs xx