Safe methods of breath play?

Okay so i admit, no method is 100% safe and anything you do like this has masive risks but...well i love it.

so iv been with my Partner/ Master for just over a year now and verry early on i realised that i loved it when he held my nose and locked his mouth around mine so tht we breathed as one. a bit later on he introduced me further to breath play (including a little in the bath) he usualy holds my neck tightly, either between his hands or with his arm from behind me or he will cover my mouth and nose with his hand untill i can hear my pulce and start going lightheaded.

now, i have heard that sometimes you can pass out doing this and i know that can be really dangerous but something about it really appeals to me and i want to try it. my Partner however is, probably quite sencibly, unsure about this and says it would realy scare him.

i dont want to scare him but i really want to try this. we usualy have a method whereby i hold onto him somewhere as tight as i can so that if i start loosening my grip he knows to loosen or if i let go completely to stop.

now im sure lots of people have stron opinopns about breath play but as much as i love a good debate, this is not what i intend this thread to be about

What i really want to know is:

• am i being stupidy insane and masochistic here?
  • Who has done this?
  • did you like it?
  • safest methods of doing this?
  • risks that should be concidered? (i know about SSC and RACK and that too much pressure can damage the wind pipe etc.)
  • After care tips for if/ when i do pass out
  • things my Partner should know when doing this

hope to gain some usefull advice.

thank You

Haven't looked into it properly, buy my gf likes a bit of strangling while we're doing it everynow and then. Like your partner however, it's not something I'm overly confident about, and usually just place my hands round her neck and press downwards onto her shoulders than actually strangle her. And even then only for a little bit at a time.

Breath play can be increadibly risky and takes an awful lot of trust to indulge in. However, i also enjoy breath play with my partner/Dom, usually almost to the point of passing out but not quite. I've been told that hand over the mouth/nose is the safest method, though with us its usually hands round the throat. I would suggest discussing your boundaries with your master beforehand and agreeing on some signal that indicates you have had enough, regardless of whether you usually use safe words or not, due to the risks involved i suggest this.

my first boss killed himself with auto asphyxication.....what else do you want to know? Personally I like oxygen starvation which isnt the same, when the brain is slightly deficient in its oxygen supply things go a little differently. But it isnt dangerous and it isnt realy a kink, i first noticed it when I wa 17 aqnd had my head buried in a pillow.

basic first aid on fainting http://www.firstaidkits.org/fainting.asp

gunther wrote:

my first boss killed himself with auto asphyxication.....what else do you want to know? Personally I like oxygen starvation which isnt the same, when the brain is slightly deficient in its oxygen supply things go a little differently. But it isnt dangerous and it isnt realy a kink, i first noticed it when I wa 17 aqnd had my head buried in a pillow.

indeed, i have heard lots of stories about things going wrong and accidents occouring. i dont personly like the idea of nooses, things tied around the neck and i would never dream of doing it without my partner around or someone else who knew what they were doing and whi i trust with my life (litraly)

what you mention about having in your oillow is verry similar, just somthing on the lighter end of the same spectrum. i like that too, sometimes ill stay under water in the bath or swimming pool as long as i can to experience that. sometimes ill sit with my hands around my neck, fingers pointing back, exerting light but ferm pressure on my neck till i hear my pulce in my ears.

as you mentioned tallgal, safe words/actions definately crucial. and discousing ins and outs before hand is very important. i find that leting go of my Master works best as he can onitor me best that way fromm the pressure of my grip which natualy loosens as i start to become more lightheadded.

thanks for your advice

rag doll, try pushing a motorcycle with full face helmet on, after 200 yards you will have had as much oxygen starvation as you need in your life......then just go home and bang his brains out lol

Been there Gunther when my 650 Kwak's regulator died on the way to the dealership, so I know what you mean haha

Hope it never happens to my CB1300!!!

Gym man funnily enough I didnt get a stiffy either...I do know though it is a turn on being smothered.....i wouldnt do the extreme stuff, fighting to breathe whilst she sits on my face is enough

gunther wrote:

fighting to breathe whilst she sits on my face is enough

indeed, my partner enjoys this when i do it to him. never really been sure why he liked it but i suppose its his version of what i like)

it can become a worrying addiction, you can actually be medically sectioned for this, it's rare but possible.

You have to have a hell of a lot of self control to do this and not take it into a 'go to place' when upset/angry

Wow this is one eye opener...................... Personally iv not tryied most the things mentions apart from being strangled to the point of dizzyness id love to try other things but as people have said very risky and dangerous.

I would not say at all that your "stupid" for doing it, im very open minded and believe each to thier own, you seem by what you have wrote that you know a degree what your doing and looked into things.............id maybe suggest you take a basic first aid becuase if this went horribly wrong im sure you or your master would want this.

As i say iv been strangled and enjoyed it, i love dom role plays but now as we have young children id hate to think if something went seriously wrong how they would cope (and known our luck it would go wrong) as i say i enjoyed it.

I defo think you should look into more about the first aid point of view and tips and hints maybe (i hope i dont get wrong here) - try a fetish forum site theres one like facebook but i cant remember the name of itDo your reasurch and have fun but mainly stay safe :0)

All the best xx

Thanks Rachey 28,

taking a first aid cose sounds like verry sane advice and failing that, my partner still lives at home (as do i) and his Dad used to be a GP so so if it were to go terrably wrong i would at least be safe although somewhat embarrised :)

i think the sight you are thinking of is Fetlife but you need an account for that.

thanks for the advice, concern and respect everyone. most appreciated

XX

Not stupid at all for doing it, as long as you're with a trusted partner. Get used to your hands before using ties etc

We play choke, although we tend to stop when I tap his arm.

I have only tried it with my OH, and purely due to the fact we're in a stable and trusting relationship.

He loves the control although oddly it was me that suggested it the first time!!

I tend to stop when I can feel my lower lip going numb!!

I tend to cum quicker when the light headedness kicks in and it also make me squirt (with less effort than usual).

Fetlife will have answers :)

We partake from time to time. I think there are a few things that are key

1) *Never* play with breath play with your hands cuffed unless you trust your partner implicitly *and* he/she's first aid trained that way you've always got control

2) Try and find a visual or audible safe mechanism - something really obvious that he will not miss and you can do quickly and easily in every situation. Some people use a tennis ball which will automatically get dropped if the breath play is a bit over the top. I use tapping with my partner but you have to use what works for you.

3) Always stop on the conservative side - if things feel weird stop straight away and don't underestimate how much care you may need afterwards. Some people experimenting with any form of dom/sub play can experience real emotional dips afterwards so it's important to plan in "reconnecting" time for intimacy and cuddles afterwards :)

Adx

As some one who has worked 23 years in the NHS there is no such thing as a "safe" way to do breath play. The body needs the mixed gases in air and when the body is deprived of this certian changes take place that may not be survived. Every time you do this it is a lottery whether it is fatal or not . You may have survived this far but every time you do it the risk is the same.Symptoms vary from person to person and there may not be any for some time after the session.

There is however consensual risk, If you both accept the risks invovled then go for it. but if there is any doubt as to the consequences then dont. As long as you both have your eyes open then go ahead.

At one time I was heavily into this form of play myself, bagging(air deprivation with a bag and such) and choking were big turn ons. But I decided that the riskks, for me were not worth a momentary high.

Hope this helps you CC

As some one who has worked 23 years in the NHS there is no such thing as a "safe" way to do breath play. The body needs the mixed gases in air and when the body is deprived of this certian changes take place that may not be survived. Every time you do this it is a lottery whether it is fatal or not . You may have survived this far but every time you do it the risk is the same.Symptoms vary from person to person and there may not be any for some time after the session.

There is however consensual risk, If you both accept the risks invovled then go for it. but if there is any doubt as to the consequences then dont. As long as you both have your eyes open then go ahead.

At one time I was heavily into this form of play myself, bagging(air deprivation with a bag and such) and choking were big turn ons. But I decided that the riskks, for me were not worth a momentary high. I was addicted to it and found it hard to give up once i started, but i have people her that i dint want to losse me, so i gave up.

Hope this helps you CC

I didn't know this had a name. :D I'm not into it very deep at all, but I like the OH's hand around my neck. Most of the time he just holds it there without much pressure, but if he's feeling rough he'll push harder. Its never long enough to deprive me of air, but just the right amount of time to get me very turned on. :D

I too have worked many years in the NHS and agree this is very unsafe. I would be asking myself is this really worth losing your life over? There are many other ways to satisy each other.

xx