Searching for a definitive answer!

Hi everyone,

I know there are a few posts on this topic already, but I have trailed through them and still cannot come to a conclusion!!! Clearly I am very indicisive!

I am looking at saving up for a Body Wand or Magic Wand (and as these are very expensive for someone on a student budget, I really want to make the best decision).

Has anybody tried more than one of these wand vibrators, do you have a preference?

Or does anybody have rave/bad reviews about one or the other?

Thank you xxx

I have tried several wands, are there any specific ones you're looking at? X

Hiya NatandTom, Thank you for the reply :) I am currently erring on the Lovehoney Deluxe Black Magic Wand Vibrator or the Bodywand Mains Powered Wand Vibrator, but I am open to suggestions!

Have you signed up for the Lovehoney student discount?

Over the two you've said I'd go for the Lovehoney deluxe wand. I have the original body wand and it's just slightly less powerful.

Everyone's bodies are different so it's hard to say. I absolutely hated the Lovehoney mains powered wand but I have a lot of issues with external vibrators so I'm not exactly representative. I'm very easily numbed by vibrations so the only wand I get along with is the doxy, which is definitely not cheap! (Though, in my opinion, worth every penny).

If I was you I'd save as much as possible before Christmas and see if any wands are in the sale.

Thank you for the advice! I seem to prefer stronger vibrations, so maybe the Lovehoney Deuluxe is for me! Not sure I can stretch to Doxy prices quite yet - One day!!!

Hi, is main powered what you're after?

I have the LH deluxe black magic and LH Desire (rechargeable). Overall I prefer the the desire.

I prefer the Desire because it's wireless, strong, rumbly and cheaper. However the Deluxe is super powerful and wicked with the attachments but more expensive, noisy and can send my hand numb.

Pros and cons for both.

Thank you for the advice!!! :)

i have the deluxe main powered original wand and it is totally fantastic, keep your eyes peeled for offers that get sent to your email mine was a free gift for spending over a certain amount which if i remember correctly was less thyen the actual wand itself x

Out of those two options I would also go with the Black Magic :)

I love the BodyWand g-spot attachment on the deluxe.
Now its not the sexiest thing in the world & it does remind me of the nose of a Proboscis Monkey (Google it to see what I mean) but it does transfer the vibes internally like a dream.

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=25899

Nat...by the way your review of the BodyWand g-spot toy is great. Loved it from when i saw it on the tester list. Definitely will be purchased with my bonus in the new year.

Another vote for the black magic wand 😊

NaughtyNerd wrote:

Hi, is main powered what you're after?

I have the LH deluxe black magic and LH Desire (rechargeable). Overall I prefer the the desire.

I prefer the Desire because it's wireless, strong, rumbly and cheaper. However the Deluxe is super powerful and wicked with the attachments but more expensive, noisy and can send my hand numb.

Pros and cons for both.

By my recollection, the desire wand is more expensive. Desire is almost the best wireless wand we've tried.

However, nothing compares to a corded wand, and I'd go for the LH one of the 2 you're considering.

You're right Sum Sub. £10 cheaper. I got the deluxe it in black Friday sale, didn't realise its usual price.

If I was forced to give up one though I'd give the the deluxe....think I'm on my own in that though!

Well good option have been posted and yes apply for the student discount and then pick one. Also contact live support if you need help with apply for student discount as they have 24/7 live support.

Also every women is different so its hard to say but I wish the best of luck and hope I was helpful.

LH mains magic wand. Got this after many many weeks of review reading it was on special with a case and a attachment. I was not disappointed.

Mains always mains. More power and more reliable.

Wands are a difficult topic as everyone's bodies respond differently!

The Lovehoney Deluxe Magic Wand was my first wand. It did the job well enough, though there were several things that I didn't like that were enough for me to eventually stop using it, and return it after around a month:

1. The wand has ridges on the head that can be frustrating to clean completely. The body is also textured which can make it difficult to be sure it is completely clean (though I am very anal (ooer)).

2. The head of the wand is short, and so it's difficult to get any 'all-over' pleasure from the head. Also, the head is not a full spherical shape - it's more like a hollow cap with a strong edge, which isn't comfortable at times!

3. Like most other wands, the head is hard - there is no give at all. When pressing the wand head against your most delicate bodybits, there is a chance you could get carried away and cause some small injury (maybe this is just me though, haha)!

For the price, Lovehoney's Deluxe Magic Wand is absolutely fab, especially for a beginner who wants to see if a wand is the type of toy they'd get along with! But I soon knew that I'd use the wand often enough that I wanted something that suited me better.

I then bought a Doxy Wand after hours and hours of research (as they are more of an investment), and I have never looked back. Doxy Wands are more powerful, more rumbly, have no hard-to-clean ridges or textures, and, most importantly for me, a dense foam head covered with bodysafe PVC. The head has give and it makes the wand SO comfortable to use.

Also, mine's bright pink :D

At the end of the day, my best advice is: buy the Lovehoney Deluxe, as it's a great wand through and through. If it suits you down to a T, then that's great! If, though, you find yourself loving it but becoming frustrated for the same reasons as me, return it, and save up for the Doxy - it truly is worth it.

Hope this helps!

Lovehoney - Emkapa wrote:

Wands are a difficult topic as everyone's bodies respond differently!

The Lovehoney Deluxe Magic Wand was my first wand. It did the job well enough, though there were several things that I didn't like that were enough for me to eventually stop using it, and return it after around a month:

1. The wand has ridges on the head that can be frustrating to clean completely. The body is also textured which can make it difficult to be sure it is completely clean (though I am very anal (ooer)).

2. The head of the wand is short, and so it's difficult to get any 'all-over' pleasure from the head. Also, the head is not a full spherical shape - it's more like a hollow cap with a strong edge, which isn't comfortable at times!

3. Like most other wands, the head is hard - there is no give at all. When pressing the wand head against your most delicate bodybits, there is a chance you could get carried away and cause some small injury (maybe this is just me though, haha)!

For the price, Lovehoney's Deluxe Magic Wand is absolutely fab, especially for a beginner who wants to see if a wand is the type of toy they'd get along with! But I soon knew that I'd use the wand often enough that I wanted something that suited me better.

I then bought a Doxy Wand after hours and hours of research (as they are more of an investment), and I have never looked back. Doxy Wands are more powerful, more rumbly, have no hard-to-clean ridges or textures, and, most importantly for me, a dense foam head covered with bodysafe PVC. The head has give and it makes the wand SO comfortable to use.

Also, mine's bright pink :D

At the end of the day, my best advice is: buy the Lovehoney Deluxe, as it's a great wand through and through. If it suits you down to a T, then that's great! If, though, you find yourself loving it but becoming frustrated for the same reasons as me, return it, and save up for the Doxy - it truly is worth it.

Hope this helps!

Thank you for such a thorough answer, I agree with your sentiment, and for now think that I will go for the Lovehoney Duluxe, but I will definately think about giving the Doxy a go in the future, as it sounds amazing!