Searching for previous threads

How do some lovehoney members manage to find relevant previous threads on a topic so quickly and efficiently?

For example, I wanted to read and see if there were any threads about how to give a good blowjob so I typed "blowjob" into the seach forums bar and it came up with over 2000 results!

I refined the search a bit and it still came up with loads of thread results?

Is there a better way to do it? I don't like to make repeat threads if I can help it! x

I'm not sure tbh, I have been around for ages so sometimes I can just remember the title of an old thread, but other than that I don't think that there is a better way of finding threads, I have always come up with hundreds of results when I search to and it is a pain to dig through them all.

Although most people don't like you starting new posts for the sake of it, don't be discouraged from starting them if you can't find anything relevant after searching or if what you do find is like a million years old xx

dotdashdot wrote:

How do some lovehoney members manage to find relevant previous threads on a topic so quickly and efficiently?

For example, I wanted to read and see if there were any threads about how to give a good blowjob so I typed "blowjob" into the seach forums bar and it came up with over 2000 results!

I refined the search a bit and it still came up with loads of thread results?

Is there a better way to do it? I don't like to make repeat threads if I can help it! x

You may find often it's older members who know about a particular thread and remember vaguely what the title may be. Usually you just have to try different words for what you're looking for - multiple words don't really work on the Lh search function.

It helps for me that I remember which of the multiple threads had a train of conversation that was useful to a posters question!

It's also important that members follow the rules and use informative titles otherwise the thread can never be found again using the search function. Unfortunately informative titles often aren't used so it can make things difficult.

Adx

You guys must all have amazing memories! Thanks! xx