Sensitivity before/after orgasms

From what I've seen, most people seem to differ quite a bit in terms of how sensitive they get both during and after orgasm. It seems that most people (men and women) get oversensitive to further stimulation after an orgasm, but differ in terms of when exactly the oversensitive feeling "kicks in", and how strong it is. Some people don't seem to get sensitive at all after an orgasm, while others get really sensitive right when the orgasm starts. I want to know how other people experience and manage this sensation, so I have a few questions:

1. When exactly does the oversensitive feeling set in for you, in relation to your orgasm? Does it happen when the orgasm starts, at some point during the orgasm, after the orgasm is completely over, or not at all?

2. Are you able to continue stimulation during your orgasm? If so, does it have any impact on your orgasm vs. stopping once it starts?

3. Are you able to continue stimulation during the oversensitive phase? If so, does it still feel pleasurable at that point? 

I get super-sensitive as soon as the orgasm starts, and can't handle any further touching down there while the orgasm is happening. Since it seems like most people only get sensitive after the orgasm is completely finished, I've always wondered how most people experience this, and how common it is to get oversensitive during the orgasm itself.

I am very sensative but I'm a power queen too. During solo play I'm usually very sensative with anticipation, can be sensative everywhere but as soon as I start playing, my sensitivity shifts to a few focused spots. If I play with my bullet and have a clitoral orgasm, I get extremely sensative just before orgasm, then tingly but almost numb for about 30 seconds after, if I keep playing though I'm lined up for a second orgasm in minits (seconds sometimes).

if I'm playing penetratively with a vibrator (mona 2) I have a more full orgasm, and it takes longer for me to get worked back up for a second orgasm, I get less sensative after this type of orgasm. If I'm playing with my glass dildo penatratively, I can have quick orgasms one after another but generally not as powerful as with a vibrator.

For me orgasms in sex are the most satisfying, a get super sensative as my first orgasm aproaches and then stay at this heightened sensitivity for ages having multiple orgasms, my best and last orgasm during sex is with my OH, the feel of him coming just finishes me off.

So I guess your pleasure and sensativity might depend on how you play with who and what toy.

I believe mine starts after orgasm, personally it really is depending on how I orgasm if I can go again but to be honest I don't think I ever have straight-straight after. Especially with things like bullets the rumble and power from those really to make you want to stay away after.

I can continue the stimulation during orgasm, but a few seconds after I find my body starts to kind of jolt and I want to stop due to the over-sensitivity. 

I can't do anything in the oversensitive phase. I really don't like it. I also find if my partner tries to stimulate me, it is also oversensitive but then I can do it but then im really not oversensitive at all. It's strange how it works...

This is a very interesting topic and i'm curious to hear everyone elses answers-thank you!

Lovehoney - Paige wrote:

I believe mine starts after orgasm, personally it really is depending on how I orgasm if I can go again but to be honest I don't think I ever have straight-straight after. Especially with things like bullets the rumble and power from those really to make you want to stay away after.

I can continue the stimulation during orgasm, but a few seconds after I find my body starts to kind of jolt and I want to stop due to the over-sensitivity.

I can't do anything in the oversensitive phase. I really don't like it. I also find if my partner tries to stimulate me, it is also oversensitive but then I can do it but then im really not oversensitive at all. It's strange how it works...

This is a very interesting topic and i'm curious to hear everyone elses answers-thank you!

Thank you for the reply, I am really curious to hear from more people also. How long after the orgasm does the oversensitivity start? It sounds from your post like you have a couple of seconds of delay between when the orgasm ends and when the sensitivity starts? I'm not sure exactly what you meant in the last paragraph...do you mean that the oversensitivity isn't as intense when you're with a partner?

This is interesting and makes me think hard about what happens when I orgasm...I think it differs depending on if it's me using toys on my own, or if it's my OH stimulating me.

For instance, during solo play with a wand and maybe also a glass dildo, I get to orgasm, I don't seem to get overly sensitive and can just keep going. Usually I stop just because I feel I've had enough enjoyment. Also I don't want to burn my wand out, as my first one died, and think it got a bit overused in a single session. ![](upload://kym5tZ5EfyJxs6TKHB1Q2HtGSpK.gif) Hopefully that answers your first two questions...

when it's my OH going down on me though, it can be a different scenario, as he sometimes brings me to orgasm, but then I get overly sensitive, and just a tiny flick of his tongue is way too much, and I have to push him away. But it's strange, as it doesn't always happen like this, and sometimes he can just keep going until he gets too tired to continue, or too horny to stop himself from penetrating me!

Maybe it depends on whether he's also stimulating me internally as well as externally. If he's massaging my front wall/G-spot area, I may be able to keep going longer, but if it's just clitoral stimulation maybe it gets overly sensitive...that's what I'm wondering.

In any case, I enjoy myself and it's amazing we ladies have so many erogenous zones. I also like having my nipples played with (though can't orgasm through that alone), and I love having my neck kissed/nibbled...but I'm digressing here, so I'll finish (pardon the pun!)

Luv bunny wrote:

when it's my OH going down on me though, it can be a different scenario, as he sometimes brings me to orgasm, but then I get overly sensitive, and just a tiny flick of his tongue is way too much, and I have to push him away. But it's strange, as it doesn't always happen like this, and sometimes he can just keep going until he gets too tired to continue, or too horny to stop himself from penetrating me!

Maybe it depends on whether he's also stimulating me internally as well as externally. If he's massaging my front wall/G-spot area, I may be able to keep going longer, but if it's just clitoral stimulation maybe it gets overly sensitive...that's what I'm wondering.

I find it interesting that it only happens with your partner and not by yourself. For me, I know that it feels more sensitive with a partner also, but I think that it's more because he doesn't know when to stop, and he will usually keep going a bit longer and more intensely than I would. When the sensitivity happens during oral, does it happen when you start to orgasm, or after the orgasm is over?

When the sensitivity happens during oral, does it happen when you start to orgasm, or after the orgasm is over?

in answer to this, honestly I can't remember...might need OH to help me out and find the answer, lol ![](upload://aybhjky1mPlgqoACHVsxChgZRPM.gif)

I sometimes get so sensitive after an orgasm that I cant be touched anywhere! My poor husband cant kiss or cuddle me, it's like every nerve in my body is standing on end. It only lasts a few seconds or so but its not actually very pleasant until it subsides.

I don't seem to get a problem with oversensitivity. . . . fortunately ! I or my oh can stimulate me to orgasm , carry on through it, and continue afterwards. . . often until I orgasm again. Can easily cope with this pattern several times during one session, be it solo or with oh :)