Sex And geting older

Is it just me.. I am male 59 this year (2016) and find my sex drive is throught the roof also the my thourghts are more exstream ie.. up for anything me and the O H have tryed before
unfortuatly she isnt
just curioius if anyone else has had this or is ti just an age thing
you never know when you would rather have a brew than any sex at all

Judging from previous threads on this general topic I think there is a general consensus on LH that sex gets better as you get older. I'm somewhat older than you and I'm quite sure this is the case.
I think we are getting rather more kinky in our old age. In one respect this is simply a response to the fact that not everything works quite as well as it used to do and toys help (we joke that we don't need bondage gear - the problem isn't restraining the other but finding a position in which they can still move!)

We are in our early 50's and all of a sudden last Easter we couldn't get enough! Definitely more kinky, up for most things and more open with each other about what we want. Maybe partly to do with hormones on my part but also as you get older you need to try new things to keep it going or it gets routine and boring. I love trying out new things and, luckily, so does my hubby! We are very happily growing old disgracefully!!!

My personal view on this topic is that as you get older you become more experienced and much better lovers. You also have the advantage of being able to read your partner like a book.as you have been that long together and as because you trust each other there is far more room to experiment as well.

So much more happier times ahead

Unfortunetly in my case the OH seems to be going the other way
Sex is the last thing on her mind let alone anything more adventues
therefore i am left frustrated and end up playing solo

This thread I suppose gives me chance to put the record straight as well.I know some of you think that me and my Mrs have the ideal relationship and have been grateful and flattered by some of the comments received.However I have to say it's not always been that way .

Around 3 years ago we also had to have that "Chat". Sex wise we were like ships in the night and probably since our son was born drifted apart when it came to having sex. E very thing else though was fine.

SO like I normally recommend to other couples in the same situation we had our chat over a meal out..BOTH of us recognised we had a problem in this department and no one person was to blame. BOTH of us were at fault so it was upto BOTH of us to find a solution. After looking at the Lovehoney site we decided to spice things up a bit as sex was too routine and boring.and therefore didn't happen very often.Whilst looking at the goodies in all the sections we liked what we saw and said to each other things like "I would like you to do that to me" or " I would like to see you wearing that"

The rest as they say is history!

My husband and I are both middle and late 50's and married for 33 years. We have always had high sex drives, but things were awkward for me when we were first married due to lack of experience and such. I have to say though that our sex life has just got better and better. We too seem to be eager to try more and more new experiences. I agree with Deekayjay it's good to spice it up as things could get too same old.

We too plan to grow old disgracefully. And boy are we enjoying it!!

I'm 55, and my OH is 52, and I don't hink I've ever had it so much
My OH hit the menopause and never looked back, I think that I am definitely one of the lucky ones.

Your avi is sensational if your cap59! shit!!

I'm 52 and my sex drive is mind blowing! Masturbating twice a day most days sometimes more and then the odd shag! I''m in the menopause plus I dumped some long term meds too.

It really is off the scale, but I intend on putting it to good use this year!

IM 40 and the sex drive is getting more the older I get, pain in the arse really as the Mrs isn't the same

Ozz wrote:

I'm 52 and my sex drive is mind blowing! Masturbating twice a day most days sometimes more and then the odd shag!

Is that why you get frustrated with your hubby sometimes as I am guessing his sex drive is on the medium/low side?

There isn't much difference between me and my Mrs being around the medium mark when it comes to our sex drives.

To much wrote:

IM 40 and the sex drive is getting more the older I get, pain in the arse really as the Mrs isn't the same

It could be an interesting topic of a separate thread of coping when you have a differdnt sex drive to your partner. I guess the most obvious way is solo with the use of toys to bridge the difference ?

mysteron wrote:

Ozz wrote:

I'm 52 and my sex drive is mind blowing! Masturbating twice a day most days sometimes more and then the odd shag!

Is that why you get frustrated with your hubby sometimes as I am guessing his sex drive is on the medium/low side?

There isn't much difference between me and my Mrs being around the medium mark when it comes to our sex drives.

He sleeps all the time, and as you know things aren't good between us! his used to be off the scale, but no more. he's put so much weight on so that won't help! He'll get a hard on when taking my pics but won't do anything when I try to make things happen! Last night was the 1st time he did something about it.

He can't satisfy me either! EVER! I'm pretty insatiable, but he is 3 yrs younger too.

Ozz wrote:

mysteron wrote:

Ozz wrote:

He sleeps all the time, and as you know things aren't good between us! his used to be off the scale, but no more. he's put so much weight on so that won't help! He'll get a hard on when taking my pics but won't do anything when I try to make things happen! Last night was the 1st time he did something about it.

He can't satisfy me either! EVER! I'm pretty insatiable, but he is 3 yrs younger too.

poor girl, I'd hate to be like your partner and not be up for it 24/7

Ozz wrote:

mysteron wrote:

Ozz wrote:

He sleeps all the time, and as you know things aren't good between us! his used to be off the scalle, but no more. he's put so much weight on so that won't help! He'll get a hard on when taking my pics but won't do anything when I try to make things happen! Last night was the 1st time he did something about it.

It's probably scant consolation but the fact he does go hard when he sees you ,must indicate he is still attracted to you .

Without trying to send the thread off topic are you going to talk to him or is it beyond recovery ?

Beyond..it's gone for me! there's nothing their I feel other than him being my best friend. I'm going to ask him for an open relationship, so I can at least feel desired for once! if that's a no! well i'll be moving on :(

1 Like

To much wrote:

Ozz wrote:

mysteron wrote:

Ozz wrote:

People might laugh at the fact I'm just not getting it enough, or that's it's not worth gettimg frankly! But it's not funny when all I want to do is do it as much as possible every day! ;)

Ozz wrote:

To much wrote:

Ozz wrote:

mysteron wrote:

Ozz wrote:

People might laugh at the fact I'm just not getting it enough, or that's it's not worth gettimg frankly! But it's not funny when all I want to do is do it as much as possible every day! ;)

I'm with you on that, never can get enough, so annoying 😔

Ozz wrote:

Beyond..it's gone for me! there's nothing their I feel other than him being my best friend. I'm going to ask him for an open relationship, so I can at least feel desired for once! if that's a no! well i'll be moving on :(

WOW !

I didn't realise things were that rocky .we'll talk sometime if you want to that is. I am just settling down for sleep.

mysteron wrote:

Ozz wrote:

WOW !

I didn't realise things were that rocky .we'll talk sometime if you want to that is. I am just settling down for sleep.

Okay, good night