Sex and scent?

What does everyone think about odour when having sex? Should it be kept 'natural' or should it be removed with soap, showers and wet-wipes? Should it be substituted by talc and perfume? A turn-on or turn-off? What works for you..... and what doesn't?

Au Natural for me. I prefer the actual scent rather than body wash / soap etc

Natural for me, not even a fan of the flavoured lubes really. Besides i think stopping for a wash right before sex would ruin the mood for us a bit lol.

Yeah, there's the thing about spontaneity and seizing the moment. On the other hand I heard an item on Radio4 about body odour being a bigger issue in relationships than is often supposed.

If sex is about people being close and being attraced to eachother, it's hardly condusive if your partner doesn't smell so great. In fact, if it's repellant, it can wreck the experience.

It can be the difference between liking and not liking oral, kissing mouth to mouth, or for a man, going doggy.

I had a girlfriend who was scrupulous about using wet wipes and mouthwash.... and I think I prefered that approach. Odour was never a distraction..... except when she had semen-breath, of course But that was a sort of turn-on, in an earthy kind of way. Dunno....what does vagina-breath seem like to a woman?!!

definitely natural, shower gels etc don't taste all that nice!

Natural - I like clean and the taste after a hard day at work :)

Obviously hygiene in general is important. Also i think that at some point i think alot of people, women anyway, are concerned about their scent especially when it comes to oral sex.

If i thought my smell was going to be in anyway an issue for my partner i would happily wash right before every time we had sex but its quite clear to me he likes it

Having said that we've been together over 5 years and he smells great so as long as we get the daily shower we don't feel the need for the extra washing but I can understand that if i was with someone who wasn't that fresh smelling it would be off putting.

Scent is a very strong arousal factor for me! Give me men's deodorants and aftershaves any time of the day, oh!

Interesting thoughts. Maybe I'm a bit too concerned about this subject.

That said, it seems to be the case that you don't really smell your own odours that well. My theory (I've mentioned it elsewhere) is that this phenomenom goes back millions of years, when it was important to be able to ignore your own odour in order to pick up the odour of prey and predators.

This being the case, you might think you smell fine, when your partner is thinking 'GOD! YOU STINK TO HIGH HEAVEN!' Of course, that puts your partner in a dilemma. Do they mention it, or put up with it?

I think that as long as you both have good hygiene then I have never thought that we should wash first. I like to taste him properly. I don't like the taste of any lubes etc masking him. Same with scent. I like the smell of him. Of course, his smell is made up of him plus the products that he uses etc, but I don't want to taste soap or wipes.

I really dislike the smell of perfume. Good hygiene is a must, though. A faint smell of a natural deodorant is fine; the usual commercial deodorants and aftershaves are pretty bad, though.

Lifebuoy wrote:
<respectfully snipped>
Dunno....what does vagina-breath seem like to a woman?!!

'Pussy breath' is quite sexy to me actually.. and it's even more attractive when he still has all this thick, creamy juice around his mouth!

I am very scent orientated, so it is really important to me that my love smells good. And 'good' can mean a couple of things..

When he comes back from a long work day (he does heavy physical labour), he smells SO GOOD to me.. so good that I almost want to drag him into the bedroom straight away!

On the other side, I also like perfume. But not alcohol based designer perfumes, but artisan perfume oils. He owns a few that are SO smoldering sexy.. I actually wrote about it right here: http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/sex-tips-and-talk/641814-fragrances-that-put-you-in-the-mood/page-2/#p655942.

And 'wet wipe taste' is really not done, in my opinion.. what a turn-off!

I get the idea that odour can be pleasant and a turn-on. Thinking about it, I recall staying in residental accomodation one time, and coming across a pair of panties on the floor of the corridor. They had obviously been dropped by some woman on her way back to her room from the shower. Anyway, her odour was just such a turn-on. Of course, if I was a gentleman, I would have put them somewhere where she might spot them or pinned them on the notice board. But they became a really treasured item, long savoured! (All right, I'm a real perv, I know!!)

It varries from woman to woman. Some women I find have a very nice natural scent on them that is an incredible turn-on.

In others, I am more attracted in their perfumes. Though I think I might just have a sensitive nose, since to me someone's smell is as good as their face.

I like the smell of freshly shampood clean hair, Fresh from the shower is the best smell. But I like nice aftershave on my man when we're out, and obviously BO is a no no.

BedroomBondage wrote:

Lifebuoy wrote:
<respectfully snipped>
Dunno....what does vagina-breath seem like to a woman?!!

'Pussy breath' is quite sexy to me actually.. and it's even more attractive when he still has all this thick, creamy juice around his mouth!

I have to agree I love kissing T after he has licked my pussy its hot indeed , so nice to lick back off him mmmm

Natural all the way smelling of perfume mmm sniffing where he sprayed it

All natural, although good hygiene is important.

I do like the smell & taste of her while I'm performing oral on her.

S&M sexy times wrote:

All natural, although good hygiene is important.

I do like the smell & taste of her while I'm performing oral on her.

Know what you mean, but I never left her juices on my face, erotic though they might be. I discovered that I was getting spotty a day or two later, so got in the habit of having a good soapy wash afterwards.

Had a girlfriend who used to spray perfume on her pubic hair and I thought the mixed smell of LouLou and pussy was divine! If I ever smell LouLou on a woman at work, on a train etc it always makes me think of sex.