Sex life as a parent

I do feel for you…maintaining a sex life with teenagers is definitely a challenge. :shushing_face:.
We all still deserve a quality sex life.:grin:

1 Like

Almost the good thing about teenagers knowing what a closed door means, is that it is as uncomfortable if not more uncomfortable for them to bring up the discussion about the noises coming from the bedroom, so it gets left unsaid and they just deal with it in their own way (put on headphones etc)…

Sometimes, ignorance can be bliss

3 Likes

I have 2 adult kids at home still . 26 and 30. Both never leave the room 30 yr gamer boy and 26 yr girl who works comes home then her bedroom , So it pretty hard to be discreet but we try . Especially when we have only gotten back into our sexlife after 10 yrs of no sex

2 Likes

We have two children, 1 and 8. Our daughter is the oldest, and she seems to have got into the bad habit of coming downstairs after she has been put to bed. She gets put to bed at 8, and then will end up coming downstairs 3 or 4 times until about 10pm. This really puts my wife on edge and makes it difficult for her to get into anything. After 10pm I’m normally thinking of going to be myself as I am up at 5:30am, so leaves a very small window at the moment.

Can’t wait for normality and kids sleepovers at the grandparents so we can have weekends away.

4 Likes

When our son was little it was no problem . As he got older it became more challenging . We had a friend that lived just up the street with a boy the same age and we would trade off having overnighters once or twice a month . For a brief period after he moved out , it was free range sex all over the house ! In way too short of a time , he and his G/F had out first grandson . Seems like we watched him more than either of his parents . Our house is the only house he has known since he was a baby . He is living with us right now . He will be going into the Army at the end of the month . Hopefully our non existent sex life together will pick up . Only advice is relatives and take advantage whenever privacy is available , hang in there !

1 Like

This is definitely a hard one, it’s even harder when they are older!
Younger ones you can have sneaky sexy time once they are sound asleep, once they are in their teens it’s a nightmare! Usually still awake when you are and lockdown there was nooooo escape. Send them out with their friends and grab a quicky :rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

I’m thinking we are very lucky. Our Son is 15, he heads to bed around 9 / 9.30pm closes his door and stays put til morning.
Out of respect we keep noise to a minimum (difficult at times). But no issues really.

7 Likes

The first year or two with a baby sex was non existent for us. Our kids are 8 and 4 now so both stay in their own rooms no worries and have always been good sleepers. Have to keep it down a bit and anything more adventurous has to wait until they go to grandparents (which is usually a couple of times a week as they live quite close).

As they get older they’ll have rooms further away from ours. We are very lucky to have a massive house (wifes family home now given to us) with a ‘kids wing’ so when they’re teenagers they’ll literally be across a courtyard :smiley:

3 Likes

In the week I work from home and the kids go to grandparents most days so I have lots of opportunity for solo time and I’ll usually take advantage of this with my vibrator each day. At the weekends hopefully they will stay over at friends or we will leave it until late night for a session. We are on different levels of the house so not too bad for noise.

We do also masturbate in bed together a couple of times a week if we both need to orgasm but don’t want to get into a full on session.

3 Likes

It’s definitely tough. I have a very high sex drive and my ex does not, so while I was happy to grab these little opportunities when the kids napped/went to bed, he was regularly too tired. No family or close friends to take them off our hands for a few hours so it was very hard to make time for us. Once the older 2 were at school/nursery then life became easier all round. And then number 3 happened :joy: resets it all. But littlest one will be going to nursery soon so the opportunity will be back, just not the partner, because the new one is long distance :upside_down_face: at least I’ll be able to play :woman_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

No magic bullet here. It’s tough! We have one 6 yr old so at least she goes to sleep relatively early and once down is out for the count, so we can moan and groan as loud as we want for now. Very worried about our sex life as she gets older.

I’m quite happy to grab a quicky and make use of the time we have. The wife has a lower sex drive and really needs time to get warmed up. We both work from home some days so were gonna have to make more use of that but again while I would happily finish a meeting and go have dirty sex immediately, she really needs a free morning or afternoon to get in the mood.

I guess we’ll have to pack her off to family so we can have dirty weekends away more often or arrange sleepovers at friends houses…

1 Like

It was a long time ago we had to endure this but you all just wait till the tables are turned and your offspring are bringing home partners or one nighters.Makes for a very interesting breakfast table.

2 Likes