sex problems

iv have recently start going out with someone 3months or so ago. and i keep getting cystitus after sex does anyone know what i can do for it to stop??

Hi Lorna welcome to the forums

Firstly if you are getting repeated bouts of cystitus you need to talk to your GP, in the mean time you might find it helps if you pee after sex, and drink plenty cranberry juice is recommended but I find lemon barley water also helps but usually I need to drink a couple of pints in one go.

xGGx

My OH used to get this lots but now she tends to wee almost immediately after sex and has a quick shower as well. Make sure when you wipe yourself after you do it in a front to back direction as you can spread bugs from the skin between your vagina and anus.

Peeing just after sex, and if you go to your local health food shop they should have cranberry *capsules*... much handier to take than drinking loads of juice all the time and you can just take one in the morning with your breakfast or whatever, like a multivitamin.

I'm quite prone to UTIs and they work wonders for me!

i do always pee and shower afterwards, well most of the time, its much better now somtimes still get it but i do drink cranberry n it seems to do the trick :)

Of course make sure both of you are clean before hand especially fingers and twally

My OH is tortured with it and thats without sex , Her GP examined her , treating her for " dryness " post menapause , using plessies sheput in at bedtime for overnite , Looks like they havent done any good , PLEASE , ladies/women/men , anyone , do you have experience or answers, ? ? ?

P S , and she drinks loads .

Cystitis is an infection or inflamation of the urinary tract...i think in severe cases anti biotics are used

You can get some satchets called 'Oasis' from chemists and supermarkets that will help but like the others have said, do go to your docs as you'll need some antibiotics to clear it properly

I think french knickers can help as opposed to briefs

I'm also very prone, I go through months not suffering then I'll get it on and off for weeks!

Make sure you use the toilet before and after sex. I always have a wash after sex too, even if it's just a quick one before bed. Then drink about a pint of water before bed and lots of cranberry juice in the morning. Cranberry juice is now the most important part of my weekly shop!

I also try and sleep naked and then wear cotton briefs the next day, nothing too tight or it can make the symptoms worse.

Hope this helps :)

x x x

Sounds strange but very VERY effective. A flat teaspoon of sodium bicarbanate in a cup of warm/ hot water clears cystitis, and i had severe cystytis which cleared after about 3 cup fulls also water in between. Depends how you feel about drinking bicarb water but it's preferable to the cystytis any day.

Do a google search, that's what i did because i was desperate to get rid of it It really does work wonders...does for me anyway.

same points as above

1. wee before and after (more important after)

2. drink lots of water before and after

3. clean after from front to back (belly to bum) direction

What everyone said.

When I first met the OH, I had cystitus all the time.

Pee, Wash and pop cranberry capsules.

A friend told me Sunny Delight can clean it up but never tried it!

I usually drink loas of cranberry juice! works wonders!

i agree with the one above!

I always get them :( but i always forget to pee! especially at night cuz i'm too tired! as long as your not passing blood when you pee with them, then you shouldn't need to visit your GP! just make sure you drink loads of water! like 2 pints atleast then wait for the pain to calm down, after that the feeling of weeing razors shouldn't be so intense!

Hope you're ok!

I spent years battling with cystitis with and/or without sex. I was told cranberry juice/tablets, given antibiotics that didnt work and resulted my immune system to virtually nothing, I have had cystoscopy to rule out bladder problems with biopsies.

To cut a long story short, they then discovered I have endometriosis. I had surgery and since then my cystitis has 'disappeared', it turns out that it was a symptom of my endo. I have never looked back or suffered an attack since. I know it was due to the endo as after my op I researched more into the condition and cystitis is one of the sypmtoms that commonly goes misdiagnosed as it is not a typical symptom of endo.

I am not saying you have endo, but it leaves me somewhat upset, resentful and bitter to hear of peoples battles with cystitis and uti's as mine were undiagnosed properly for many years- 7 to be precise. For many years I suspected I had endo anyway, due to my periods ect... but pestering for years to various gps, I was refused investigative surgery to rule it out as it was considered too invasive and drastic action, but also was told to go away and that I was silly in thinking I had such a condition which is still considered a bit of a taboo. I was constantly told that if my periods had always been the way they were then that was 'normal' for me. it wasn't though! Can I just add, my cystitis was also partly misdiagnosed due to history of it amongst the immediate females in my family, so they just put it down to medical family history. Typical nhs!

x

I am sorry I cannot offer you any different advise on how to manage/get rid of your cystitis, as many of the measures that can be taken have been mentioned. I really hope you find something that helps.

xx

I think the bright yellow antibiotic might be Nitrofurantoin...great for urine infections and safe in pregnancy too (that's when I got them due to urine infection)

rough sex is nice in the right context but can bring on cystitis