Sex Swing Installation Advice

Hi all,

We're considering buying the Bondage Boutique sex swing (http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=31084) but are a bit concerned about the installation.

We rent currently, so if avoidable or unnecessary, we don't want to spend money reinforcing our bedroom ceiling. We are happy to make a hole which we can simple fill and paint over when we move.

We live in an 1920s ex council house with standard ceiling joists and roof. We'd simply like to just screw this into the joist and play, but we're a bit concerned about the joist not being able to take the weight (I'm 17 st, the OH is 14 1/2 st).

Has anybody purchased one of these who could give us some advice about this?

Difficult to say without seeing the site, but I'd go into the loft,(I assume you can get above the site) and screw 4x2's long enough to brace two joists either side of the one you want to use double screwing at each crossing (10 screws in each). Doing this about 2 feet apart four times. This will be invisible from inside the room but will spread the load. and then drill a hole up through the joist where you want to fasten the swing and fit in a T Nut in from the loft side

http://d3d71ba2asa5oz.cloudfront.net/12012301/images/t-nuts-stainless-steel.jpg available on ebay

From below there will be just a hole which you can fill, when required, but dependent on the swing fitting get a threaded eye bolt the same size as the t nut, and about an inch or two longer than the joist thickness and with this in place tighten a nut from inside the loft onto the t nut to lock it place to stop it undoing mid session.

BTW its unavailable...![](upload://f8zGclFeQx35HwZLqJ7J1rFzQ0n.gif)

As above, risk is screwing into the beam at its edge which you cant see? in loft two tiny holes one each side give a clear indication where the center is.

Don't have it in the middle if the room greatest strain, closest to the outside wall would be best, or near door frame, also a STURDY hook eye bolt, ask when buying if it can handle greater than 120KG!

Something like this would be a good bolt must be welded closed not just bent round, think I'm safe posting the item number(maybe a possible product to offer here?) ebay item no. 361272567898 in 12mm