Sex swing

Hi all i'm after a bit of advice about hanging a sex swing from the ceiling.

The OH wanted to try one and i like the idea so we have got one.

So we can use it i've put some ugly screw eyes up. I didn't want an over the door one. I've uploaded a pic in my profile so you can see what i'm on about.

Has anyone else done this and what did you use as i'd like something that looks a bit nicer?

Although we havent got a swing (yet!) I read a fair bit into them, and pretty much you are stuck with an ugly looking eye.

I have read posts about people covering them up when not in use with things like blank light fittings, or depending on where your hook is maybe find a dual use for it, hanging shelf or simiar maybe?

A swing is def gonna be on the 'to do' list for us this year, im just dubious about using the beams we currently have, might need to get someone in to take a look and strengthen just so it can hold both our weights if needed!

If we enjoy using it I will be strengthening the joists a bit. You would struggle to break them but may crack the plaster if they aren't braced.

I think I'm gonna have to try and think of a dual use for them. If I do find a better solution I will let you know.

the more i debate it the more i want one, as we would also use it to shackle to for a bit of bondage.

might try and find a local handyman to give me some quotes

I have been thinking of exactly the same thing and wanted to avoid the screw eyes. firstly they are too much of a permanent feature and secondly, I do not trust myself or them to stay in!

I have instead bought a small security chain - still pretty heavy duty but short length for about £10 which goes over the beam and hangs down either side.

Then bought some heavy duty carabiners to link the ends of the chain and the swing together. Make sure you get a decent heavy duty carabiner which will withstand not only the weight but also the shock/snap as well.

This way you can swing to your hearts content and then remove everything after to not leaving any trace of your activity!

The chain and carabiner can also be used for other things too

hope this helps

Would love to do this if we had a beamed roof i could directly get at without putting a big hold in the ceiling. Hopefully wont cost too much to get a professional job done, question is do i tell them its for a swing or a heavy duty punch bag?

ha! tell them its for a sex swing if you fancy them - then you will have even more fun!

Hi,

we have a sex swing with a eye screwed into the ceiling,

if people ask we usually tell them what it's for (depending who it is) you should see some peoples faces. We live in a bungalow an our bedroom door is right next to the front door so it's like the first room people see when they come in.

you can use it to tie your other half's hands above their head too,

on a serious note I do also use it if working on my mountain bike, a bit of rope round the seat holds it at the perfect height.

I would tell people then go straight to the dog house!

I'm liking the punch bag idea so far ;)