Sex swing

My husband and I am considering buying a sex swing but I’m paranoid I’m gonna get injured lol I hate it when someone picks me up I don’t feel safe anyone used a swing could you tell me how safe you feel I’ve got visions of me on the floor lol

2 Likes

I have used one in a club before and I was petrified but it felt solid and was very securely bolted to the ceiling lol xx I’m not the smallest girl either and it felt good, would love one at home as it definitely is different :slightly_smiling_face: go for it :relaxed:

1 Like

Cheers Hun that was my issue if it felt solid or not last thing he wants is me screaming like a baby lol we gonna get one give it a go x

1 Like

Hopefully it works out for you, i’d say the biggest thing is securing it once it’s really bolted in place most are very sturdy.

2 Likes

Hi @kristybromham0,

I feel totally confident with all of the gear sold here.
From a technical perspective: The hardware Lovehoney sell is all constructed from materials that are fit for this purpose, by reputable manufacturers, and with your safety in mind. There are laws covering the design, manufacture, and sale of this type of kit, and provided you follow the manufacturer’s instructions… fine.

The quality of the fixing point you hang this from however, is completely outside of the control of Lovehoney or the manufacturer. So this is the bit you need a bit of expertise to get right.

If you secure the swing overhead from the ceiling, I recommend a substantial fixing fitted by someone who knows
what they are doing. The cost isn’t astronomical if you or your OH has the required DIY skills.
I, or other forum members may be able to offer some pointers if you’re can describe what you’re hoping to fix to.

2 Likes

Agree with @Knottydevil completely. Every swing will have details about weight limits for safe play and as long as you fall within the boundaries you’ll be fine. The only concern I have with any swing will be what you’ve affixed it to (whether it be an over door swing or a hanging swing). Make sure someone who knows what they’re doing is attaching it to a ceiling, would be my worst nightmare to come crashing down and taking a chunk of the house with me.

1 Like

Never tried one but am interested in doing so, but I think I’d feel more secure in an over-door one, just purely because it’s less likely to tear a chunk of wall down onto me. Not the most helpful reply, but it might be something to consider?

Honestly if you’re just getting into the idea of being picked up, I’d suggest just having partner pick you up over a bed or sofa, something with a soft landing, just to see if you like it before you invest. Personally I love being picked up so a swing would be a nice investment once I move out!

1 Like

I got one from lovehoney several years ago. It was one of the top of the range ones with a bar at the top to hold on to and padded arm and leg straps. I too was worried about the fixing and did loads of research online. Ended up ordering a long high tensile steel eyed bolt from eBay, long enough to fix through a joist. Then roughly figured where I wanted it in the room and found through careful measurement a ceiling joist in the loft. I drilled through and secured the bolt with large washers to spread the load. The eyed part just protruded through the ceiling but I hid this by covering it with an adapted light fitting which screwed off when we wanted to use the swing but hid the eyelet when not in use. Result was a totally secure fixing which could support anything we cared to load it with. Unfortunately only used the swing twice and it’s now sat in a box on my wardrobe!!!

Good shout.
Being really specific and nerdy here:
I’d use an M12 collared long shank eyebolt, hardened & tempered high tensile with a working load limit (WLL) or Safe working load (SWL) figure and a CE mark on it.
To secure the bolt, a grade 8 steel (not stainless) nyloc nut and large square heavy duty washer completes the fixing.

Then I’d take a view about the joists that will hold this up. If you’re looking at typical 4”x2” ceiling joist with access above via a loft, it can be short work to screw a couple of bigger pieces of timber, say 6”x2” into the sides of your chosen joist to reinforce it and stop it flexing.
All sounds very belt and braces, but it will stop the ceiling moving under load and opening up cracks in the plaster!
Sex could be really expensive if you have redecorate every time!:rofl:

If the swing’s not getting much use, a fixing point like this is ideal for punchbags or other exercise gear
:weight_lifting_woman::boxing_glove: