Sex Swings - how fit does one need to be?

Ok, I know most of the crowd is busy spraying their bed linen with rosescent now for smoochie time tomorrow, or having pre-lovestruck Saturdays out, but we don't care much for Valentine's, and even if we did, he is away on business. But we've been talking about what our next thing to try should be, and sex swings came up.

He thinks that the one person in the swing needs to be rather fit as it requires some strenght and resistance. On the contrary, I think that all the 'hard work' is done by the person on the ground swinging the other away while the one in it 'enjoys the ride' (pun intended).

So what do you all say? Is it an exercise for olympions or a regular couple can benefit too?

Thank you!

We havn't got one but I think the items that needs to be fit is the door that is supporting the swing.

The whole idea is to make it much easier for the loving couple .

So in answer to your question you don't need to be super fit athletes .

Oh, ok, my bad, I should have specified we are interested in the ones to attach to a ceiling and not to the door type!

Tried it (not exactly a love swing, but something from IKEA that wasn't marketed as such but could be used similarly).

Be more concerned about how you affix it to the wall/ceiling/frame than your physical abilities. A swing can be very active or very relaxed, depending on how you use it. I can't imagine anyone healthy enough to have sex being unable to use one at all.

Our attempt though was a failure, our hooks weren't affixed to the wall studs as well as we thought, and we fell down. The hook flew through the sky with amazing speed and dented another wall. That was not fun.

It was probably our fault for trying to mount it incorrectly (not above, but off to each side, putting lots of stress on the hook).

As for me, we celebrated Valentine's on Wednesday, when the kids were in school. So, it's over for me.

era wrote:

Oh, ok, my bad, I should have specified we are interested in the ones to attach to a ceiling and not to the door type!

I think the same principle applies. In this case it's you ceiling that has to take the weight. So you fixings must be strong enough otherwise the accident as noted in the previous post could happen

It really depends on how you choose to use the swing. For example, sitting upright calls for a certain amount of core strength. You're supported by the arm and leg straps, but you do find yourself clenching your abdominal muscles to help support yourself. It can be quite tiring! Other positions though, like a swinging 'doggy', aren't too bad. The person standing exerts themselves no more than in ordinary sex. I'm no athlete, and I get plenty out of using a swing. They're great fun!

I think the principal of the swing is to replicate the sensation of making love whilst pinned against a wall but without all the weight being exerted on your guy. The swing takes all the weight here.

We have a swing suspended from our ceiling and yes fixing need to be top notch. As for how difficult it is physically. Well, we are both in our fifties but have no trouble with numerous sexual positions. It must be said though we are reasonably fit for our ages. Would we recommend one? Damn right we would it's so much fun ![](upload://h7LJ67OOrR57VDYrj5ZEwwHAfLG.gif)

I'm not actually worried about weight or installation, as we are not careless in DIY matters. I just wonder if it requires too much balance from the person in the swing hence straining one's muscles if the person is not very trained.

Alas, are they comfortable to just sit in? As in do they support you in all the right places without cutting in?

era wrote:

I'm not actually worried about weight or installation, as we are not careless in DIY matters. I just wonder if it requires too much balance from the person in the swing hence straining one's muscles if the person is not very trained.

Alas, are they comfortable to just sit in? As in do they support you in all the right places without cutting in?

Depends on how large you are. I'm not exactly skinny and it does,dig in a,little.

Yeah, that's going to depend on exactly which swing (how wide/padded the straps are) and your own body. I wouldn't say they're 'comfortable', but they shouldn't be uncomfortable

Foxxy wrote:

Yeah, that's going to depend on exactly which swing (how wide/padded the straps are) and your own body. I wouldn't say they're 'comfortable', but they shouldn't be uncomfortable

Ok, so, it's not like I can use it like a regular swing too when he's not around... bugger! :(

Thanks everyone!

Haha! No, I'm afraid not. I wouldn't even attempt to get into mine without help from my OH, I'd end up on my head on the floor 😂

era wrote:

Foxxy wrote:

Ok, so, it's not like I can use it like a regular swing too when he's not around... bugger! :(

Thanks everyone!

But there's nothing to stop you from putting a regular swing on the same hook ;)

And from what Foxxy wrote above it looks as if a sex swing could help one get fitter - isn't that a nice thought?