Sex Toy Cleaner

Morning All - first post and a newbie to this scene as well as this forum - although Mrs Jeremy and I are enjoying both enormously.

I see “sex toy cleaner” widely marketed on LH and elsewhere. The importance of keeping toys clean and hygienic is obvious - but what benefit does a dedicated cleaner offer over liquid antibacterial soap ?

1 Like

Some soaps can be harsh and can leave a residue, so sex toy cleaner is often manufactured to be gentler on the surface of the toy and to rinse off completely. But other than that, you should be fine with soap and water.

1 Like

@Wrong_Jeremy

Hello and welcome to the forum.

I’m afraid I can’t provide any definitive advice on your question.

I feel that anti bacterial soap and water will be sufficient in most cases. However I’m sure a specific cleaner designed for the task is preferred. Depending mainly on the material your toy is made from.

1 Like

I use baby wipes - never an issue

I use warm water and soap. I wash them then rinse them off with fresh water.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum! Toy cleaner is more like an extra gimmick for those who want to ensure they’re using the right stuff to clean their toys but like others have already said, things like Normal hand wash soap and baby wipes all do the trick just as well too :slightly_smiling_face:

LH Antibacterial Foam Toy Cleaner

I use antibacterial soap (Dove + Men’s Care version). It wouldn’t remove a weird black smudge mark after repeated attempts when I had moved some of our anal toy collection from the bathroom for some remodeling work.

The LH Antibacterial foam I linked above got rid of it immediately.

I would assume not all Antibacterial Soaps and or Soaps in general have the same toy safe ingredients by default as a toy cleaner does. So my advice would be to err on the side of caution and use a Toy Cleaner like LH’s to ensure you aren’t slowly breaking down the toy because of a molecular incompatibility and are then absorbing broken down microscopic particles of the toy internally over time.

1 Like