Sex toy subscription

What does everyone think about this?

I love the idea but worry that I would have lots of the stuff already.

Oooh I saw this earlier...... Looks intriguing

We (Finally!) want to start building up a collection so it's perfect for us, we're really excited to try it out ^_^

I have just signed up for this, hoping it contains some good stuff

There's a bit of a glitch with the product page but I'll see if I can quote the reviews on here so anyone can have a read.

Covered in bees wrote:

I received the first Lovehoney Play Box for free in exchange for my honest review.

I'm a big fan of subscription boxes - as well as being a big fan of Lovehoney! - so I was very interested in trying this new offering. I was previously a subscriber to Lovehoney's 'Year of Orgasms' toy-a-month subscription service, which I enjoyed, but I think this new Play Box exceeds the previous scheme.

Having several items in the Play Box makes it more likely to offer something new and enjoyable to all subscribers each time, and provides scope for using several items in the box in combination for more versatile play.

I feel that the items in this first box have been chosen really carefully to provide an enjoyable box for most people. Without giving away what is included (the surprise is part of the fun, after all!), there is a toy designed primarily for people with a vagina as well as one designed primarily for those with a penis, although both of these items could be enjoyed by anyone if they exercised a little bit of creativity.

The toys could also be used quite happily between couples or for solo play. In addition, there are three accessory-type items in the box, all of which definitely add play value and fun. The items all work very well together as a selection. It's apparent that Lovehoney have thought hard about this, and they've done a great job in choosing the items.

Again, I don't want to give too much away about what the items in the box actually are, but I can say that they have a high-quality feel and I would certainly describe the box as being great value for money.

The star item included is a quality, rechargeable toy which has become one of my personal favourites and has brought a lot of fun! It's a type of toy which hasn't always worked for me in the past, but this version has been amazing and opened my eyes to the possibilities of this type of item.

I also feel the packaging of the Play Box is worth mentioning briefly. Given the nature of the contents, discretion is likely to be important to many customers, and you can rest assured that the box is totally discreet externally. However, it is beautifully presented on the inside, with little details that make it feel a real treat to open. I particularly loved the booklet that is included as it gives a really comprehensive guide to the box, the individual items inside, and tips for getting the most out of your new box of fun.

Overall this is a great little subscription box that I would be glad to subscribe to myself, and I'd certainly recommend it to others looking for a subscription service that provides a bit of sexy fun and excitement.

I would perhaps say it is best geared towards those who are more on the beginner side to using toys to enhance their sex lives, but that said I have enjoyed this box tremendously and I have drawers full of toys already! Top marks, Lovehoney: I can't wait to see what's in the next box.

LIL_KNOWN69 wrote:

As a couple who use an extensive range of toys, we are always intrigued by new ideas and Lovehoney have always pushed the boundaries for us. It helped us as a couple grow together and after many years it breathed new life into our relationship, which has been incredible.

The Play Box takes a new spin on things. You pay a subscription and then a box of toys is delivered. It’s a simple premise, but the mystery of what you're going to get is part of the fun. The only thing you know is you will end up with at least £100 worth of products in every box! So, this is an absolute steal. Our first box we received had 5 items inside, and the items are varied and give you both a night you won’t forget.

The box came quickly and discreetly. This is excellent if you don’t live alone or get the items delivered to another address such as work. Inside the box it was lined with hearts and was really colour and playful. We loved this design and wish the usual Lovehoney boxes were the same. But I believe this adds a little something special to the Play Box.

Inside we were greeted with all the toys and tools for a very naughty night in. We absolutely loved the Love Box and think this is the next innovative step for Lovehoney. We are huge fans and can’t wait to receive another!

RosyCheek wrote:

Lovehoney is by far THE most fabulous place for sex toys ever. Not only do they offer a vast range of items they now have the Play Box.

The subscription service is outstanding. In super fast delivery service, you receive a very boring brown box. The postie won't know what's inside, Nelly the nosey next door neighbour won't know what's inside, and best of all YOU won't know what's inside! Now me, I know what the boring brown box contains, but I'm not telling. I don't want to spoil the surprise.

I can tell you, from a box-nerd point of view, the box is sturdy yet easy to open. It is so well packaged. It's not going to get damaged. Not just that but on opening it looks beautiful. This is a high-end parcel of utter joy!

There are several items in the Play Box, each will give you hours, weeks, months, a lifetime of pleasure in fact! These aren't basic items, these are top quality luxury items. I am by no means new to sex toys. I have quite a collection from starter items to top of the range. I was not disappointed. Each item is made to the highest quality. This of course is standard for Lovehoney. Everything is included to get started, there will be no fumbling around trying to find batteries. If you are a complete beginner and this is your first every sex toy purchase, there is even a tasteful booklet of tips and tricks to get the most out of your new purchase. As much as I love sex and sex toys, I cannot stand smut. This booklet is a godsend for those like me.

Myself and my husband had a great time with the Play Box. There was something for each of us, so no one was left out. The items are kept close by to use whenever we fancy. With quality as high as this we use them often.

I cannot express my love for this enough. I wish it had been available when we were testing the waters three years ago with sex toys. The value for money is fantastic. One item is pretty much worth the full cost of the box!

Overall I highly recommend this to anyone! Massive thumbs up to Lovehoney.

Lovebirds_x wrote:

Absolutely thrilled with the products in the first box. The items are all top quality. The overall selection is well thought out with lots of options to mix and match for solo or couple play, and every item went down a treat with both of us. There is more than enough in there to keep you both playing till the next box, along with a leaflet full of helpful tips and ideas if you run out of inspiration.

I won't tell you what exactly was in there as I don’t want to spoil the surprise, but I will say the toys we got are silicone and batteries are included where needed so (assuming you already have your lube of choice to hand) you’re all set to go right out of the box.

We both feel the box offers fantastic value considering one item alone had an RRP that matched the box price!

As always the delivery was super quick, packaging discreet, and items well packed and beautifully presented. It's a real treat to sit down and open up this up as a couple. All things considered we would definitely recommend this box. It seems like it's going to be a great way to build a quality toy box at a bargain price. :)

Thanks Ian, They all seem very positive! Even from people who are Lovehoney veterans!

I clipped off the titles, pros&cons, and star rating but the main stuff is there (and they're all 5 star reviews). Hopefully someone will find it useful. 🙂

AsYouWish! wrote:

Thanks Ian, They all seem very positive! Even from people who are Lovehoney veterans!

Everyone seemed very pleased with it, but I think it sounds more like it's aimed towards people with a less extensive collection than ours (we do have an awful lot). I did zone in on Lovebirds_x, "one item alone had an RRP that matched the box price!", and I'm now very curious to which one they picked to put in. 🙂 Especially as Covered in bees wrote that the 'star item' is, "a type of toy which hasn't always worked for me in the past, but this version has been amazing and opened my eyes to the possibilities of this type of item."

I think I'm drawn to the mystery of it all. 🙂

We don't have a ton of spare cash to spend on toys. This leaves me in the tricky position of getting this with the hope of getting toys we don't have at a great price, or the risk of getting a box with several items we already have. Still tempted!

I got the subscription last year but I snet back over half of them due to either having them or having something similar/better already.

I think this one is a good idea for couples, especially if they don't have many toys. As a singleton you'll probably not use half of what is sent going from the description.

If you do get it and find that you have the items already you can return them for a refund of course, so if you don't own too many toys it's definitely worth buying to find out.

I have to admit I'm curious what the "star item" is too.

PT x

I’m undecided, but still tempted.

As I will probably move before fall, i contacted CC to ask if I start a Play Box subscription now but move after a few months, will the box be sent to my new address as long as I change my default shipping address in my account? I was told that I should contact CC in case I move so they’ll change it for me. Thought to put this info out here in case others also find it helpful!

Think this is a good idea and I’m going to look into more anything to build the naughty stuff up lol

I would say go for it if you do not mind duplicates or have a small collection, it is a bit of a shame however that it is primarily markets to people in a relationship with a penis and a vagina, however I am sure they will release more options if this does well

I've just noticed they've updated the description to reveal what's inside. 🙂

Play Box 1 Contents

Your first Play Box contains:

1. G-spot Rabbit Vibrator (worth £59.99) - Silicone - 20 functions - USB rechargeable

2. Vibrating Rabbit Love Ring (worth £14.99) - Silicone - 10 functions - removable bullet vibrator

3. Sexploration Vouchers (worth £7.99) - 52 weeks of raunchy and romantic adventures

4. Black Satin Blindfold (worth £5.99) - Silky soft - heightens senses to enhance sex

5. Lockable Storage Bag (worth £14.99) - Keeps your new toys safe, secure and clean

6. Advice Booklet - How to get the most from your new toys

TOTAL VALUE: £103.95

The full info is here - https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/couples-sex-toy-subscriptions/

Sorry. Here - https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/couples-sex-toy-subscriptions/

Hi!

because the subscription works in a slightly different way, you can't view reviews on a product page like you can with everything else we sell.

I've started collating all the reviews here instead:

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/play-box-reviews/

Hope useful for anyone that reads this.

Thanks

Nice find Ian. Makes my decision easier as we already have a couple of happy rabbits and a few of the other items. One thing I can't find though is the Rabbit as a single product to see the reviews for it. The Happy Rabbit that's £59.99 has a completely different bottom. Wonder if it's a product that hasn't gone live yet as a standalone item