Sex Toy Tester - Chit-Chat

I’m currently testing a product but don’t know where to leave the review. The email said I’d get another email telling me where but I never received another email. I’ve emailed back but have heard nothing. I don’t want to expire over the review time, what should I do?

How long have you had the item? Generally the email will come after a few days, my last one was about a week after I got the product.

@Lovehoney_Brenna is really good at replying though depending on when you’ve emailed, she may not have received it if it was outside of business hours.

She’s tagged now, so she’ll likely reply to you when she’s back.

I got the first email on the 7th march

The email to say you were being sent something? Even allowing for the postage time and if the review email was coming a week after they expected you to receive it, I’d still have expected you to have gotten the review email by now.

1 Like

Agree with JoCat you should have received it by now and usually within a week, although if it’s not a secret review and already for sale on LH you can do a review on the item page.

1 Like

I am testing one at the moment and the email said leave a review in the usual way , we will send an email in the next few days . I never got the email , same date as yours .
As it is not a secret review i just went on the website and reviewed it , was told a while ago this works for a test item if you use the same email .

3 Likes

Okay thanks for your help everyone!! :blush:

Hi @luke.buzz Please could you submit your review for this item via its product page?

Your email doesn’t seem to have come through to me, which email address was it sent to?

Thank you! :slight_smile:

Honestly a wierd question because I dont really know what im asking about. But basically, I’m interested in sex toy engineering. However I wouldn’t want to really do that full time. But I’d be interested being a little more involved than being just a sex toy tester. I talked to some freinds about it and they suggested being like, an etsy sex toy maker/seller. But, thats just not quite what im looking for, and idk why. Does anyone know of something like what im mentioning?

@Daveclide411 how about contacting sex toy manufactories direct to see if the ever require people to assist with product development, so focus groups type of thing?

I remember watching a UK Channel4 tv documentary about a group of females from different walks of life that were brought together to design a new sex toy, so I’m guessing this is the idea you are talking about?

Hope this helps
:sunglasses:

1 Like

Is it that you want to design them but not necessarily sell them yourself? If so, for the most part that sort of job is going to be a full time type thing.

However, it’s not unheard of for companies to work with outside designers or buy designs from people. Lovehoney have previously run design a sex toy competitions, although not for a good while.

You will need something to back yourself up though. Just cold calling and saying “I’ve got an idea” probably isn’t going to get you very far. But do some research on different companies, LinkedIn is a good place to start. There’s industry based publications and trade events and all sorts. Find out which companies use white label, which have their own factories and what the different processes are and work out how you might fit into something like that.

Good luck

2 Likes

Do we get an email if we are fortunate enough to be a tester. Sorry for asking

1 Like

Yes you do

1 Like

Yeah, I guess thats it. I like designing and developing things. But being a sex toy engineer/ designer full time is a career. And its just not something I’d want to do as a career. (Not because id dislike it, im not judging or anything) I just have things I’m much more intrested in as a career.

1 Like

@Lovehoney_Brenna It was customercare@lovehoney.co.uk I just replied to the email I got but now I’m guessing it’s the wrong email :sweat_smile:

Hmm, those emails used to come through, but seems they don’t anymore. Good to know!

To contact me directly, the email will be community@lovehoneygroup.com :slight_smile:

1 Like

I just put in my latest review and felt bad I couldn’t give it a good one. I did try to add some positive feedback and be balanced, but it just didn’t do it for me sadly.

Does anyone else feel bad when they can’t give a really good review?

2 Likes

Unfortunately not everything will suit everybody, that’s just how it is, no matter the item, everyone’s body is different, and will react to toys or display lingerie fits differently.

I do sometimes feel bad about giving low ratings, but I always prefer being 100% honest with my feedback, which can only lead to product improvement in the future. And trust me, I’d rather read honest reviews than ones positively inflated!

Personally, I don’t trust reviewers that I notice always give everything 5/5 (or at least, I’ll take them with a grain of salt :face_with_peeking_eye:) but that’s just me, seems impossible to like every single item you get that much when not all bodies are the same :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Yes I feel terrible. For the first time I actually sent lingerie testers back to Brenna because they were so unsuitable for my bra/cup size and just looked utterly ridiculous.

I’d much rather leave a completely honest review, be it negative, rather than being overly positive.

1 Like

Yep , has happened twice this year .
Ticking the “i didnt orgasm” box felt like i was letting people down , but i also didnt want to lie .
Like you i did find one or 2 positives
But people need to hear all sides , one size doesnt fit all

2 Likes