Sex toys after a break up

I recently just split up with my long term girlfriend, it was all kind of grown up and what not. We do have quite a lot of sex toys, and she said she wasn't very happy about wearing any of the clothing again so we pretty much threw it all away! It seems a waste to throw some of the nicer stuff away though.. but at the same time I wouldn't want to use it with anyone else really. Seems weird to throw a only worn once maid outfit out haha! Then there are the more intimate toys :P

What have you guys done with your old toys after break up?

There are some out there on ebay

I wrote a similar thread recently http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/sex-tips-and-talk/557386-using-your-old-toys-with-your-new-partner/#p557407

i would defo chuck all of mine!

yeah well mines where all kept/destroyed by my crazy ex so sad to see some good toys go but thanks to someone got something amazing :)

Charity shop.

Worth it just to see the raised eyebrows and might provide you with a badly needed chuckle?!

LV

bin em

Lord_Vetinari wrote:

Charity shop.

Worth it just to see the raised eyebrows and might provide you with a badly needed chuckle?!

LV

just no. I used to work in a charity shop and we did get the occassional sex toy in. its disgusting having to handle something that somebody else has had inside them, really quite unhygenic too. It never made any of us chuckle but we did lose a lot of potential stock because of the nasty litle item hiding in the middle of it.

ZombieCpl wrote:

Lord_Vetinari wrote:

Charity shop.

LV

just no. I used to work in a charity shop and we did get the occassional sex toy in. its disgusting having to handle something that somebody else has had inside them, really quite unhygenic too. It never made any of us chuckle but we did lose a lot of potential stock because of the nasty litle item hiding in the middle of it.

I thought we were talking about outfits?

LV

@Kinky Emo - Exactly the same here. Some men are a little crazy.

I have a few experiences! (Granted I've never lived with a partner so we hadn't had the issues of sorting things out between us!)

1) Ex-boyfriend kept and still has to this date a baby-doll which I used to wear, with matching suspenders. He also refused to meet me to give them back. (But this is kept with my pjama bottoms that were at his house, which I still haven't recieved almost 8 months post-breakup)

2) Keep what's at your house - I managed to keep the blindfold, the handcuffs and bondage tape! Much to his dismay I've heard.

3) Stuff we used together I threw away. Apart from lube of course.

As for outfits, if I heard my ex threw away stuff of mine without my permission I'd be angry! Especially if I saw something similar in a charity shop, but hey-ho, each to their own.

If i was going to sell a corset/outfit I'd probably do it on ebay!

I think bin it all I'd hate for my partner to keep stuff used with anyone else and would you really wear an outfit with a new partner that you've worn before

I would say if you dont want to use the toys, throw them away. Or send vibrators to LH in the recycle sheme and get some points on your account towards your new toy.

I guess any read erotica books can be put into charity shops or in the adoption threat here on LH. While used toys are a no to pass, read books are ok.

With cloths, I guess it depends. Panties or bra would be a no for me, not sure how I would feel about a baby doll either.

i have thought hypotheticly about this situation. luckerly though most of mine and Master's toy colection is stuff that goes in me or that wouldnt be unhygenic to use with a new partner so i would just keep it all. any dispute i would settel over who payed for what and leave them to do what they want with it.

Kinky_emo wrote:

yeah well mines where all kept/destroyed by my crazy ex so sad to see some good toys go but thanks to someone got something amazing :)

Wow, this person sounds very nice i would love to meet them.... hehehehe

Breakup toy rules:

• If it's spent most of its time in her, she should get to keep it if she wants it.
  • If it's spent most of its time in him, he should get to keep it if she wants it.
  • Unwanted toys can be send to http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/rabbit-amnesty/ for recycling.
  • If it's something like an outfit or accessory then it should be offered to whoever it was bought primarily for, if they don't want it then whoever paid for it can keep it. I'd be very wary about reusing clothing though - future partners probably would not appreciate it!