Sex Toys at Uni

Hi all,

So i'm off to university in a week and will be sharing a flat with a mix of guys and girls...I have a rather large collection of vibrators already and there's no way i'm risking leaving them at home for my mum to discover...does anyone have any tips for A. hiding them in my room at uni and B. using them quietly? I have visions of having to lock myself in my wardrobe to use them...

When I moved off to uni I moved into my partner's family home so hiding them was less of an issue - his family respect our privacy so we had a big chest in the room to use.

I also had a lock put on my bedroom door back home in second year because my brother is incapable of respecting anyone's property so that meant as long as things were out of sight of the window cleaner I could leave things pretty safely (is this something you could do?). I did leave my parents with a key but they promised to only use it if it was important.

As for using them quietly - there are some threads on this which are worth searching for, all I can think is muffle them with a pillow and have some music on when using them.

Adx

Unfortunately my parents wouldn't allow a lock on my door. I think my only option is to hide them in my uni room somewhere and search for the threads! Hahah.. Thanks!

Hi, if your parents respect your privacy they should not search the room. I am living away from home and I know if I want to hide something from my parents I just put it in my wardrobe behind cloths. My mom does not go there, she puts wash cloths which were left there after I left in a small case and leaves that somewhere in my room and I unpack it after I arrive. The only case when my dad actually looked into something in my room was when the door suddenly fell off and he had to put them back up.

As for the university hiding, you can buy a case and lock it I guess. or if the people are mature enough and you know they will not search your room, you can put them somewhere, into wardrobe etc.

As far as using goes... Apart from blanket, pillow, music etc you can try to switch them on and check whether or not they can be heard outside of the room when noone is home. Thats what I did with few toys which seemed to be bit noisy.

I think Hella has given you some great advice.

At uni most people will be having sex and using sex toys or whatever, so you're bound to hear others...try not to be self concious about it, but at the same time respect that you can't be too noisy!!

As far as hiding your sex toys at Uni goes, my tip (if you don't want to buy a lockable case) is to use a shoebox and place it on the top of your wardrobe, at the back inside of your wardrobe, or under your bed. That's what I did at Uni and never had any problems, and I lived with a load of nosy boys!

Hiya, I'm just going into my second year at uni, and I had the same thing where I really didn't want my flatmates knowing what I was up to. The lad who lived in the room next to mine was adorably(!) sheltered and would've teased me about it endlessly, probably in front of other people, so...

I looked for vibes that were marketed as quiet, but always made sure I first switched them on when people, or at least the guy next door, were out. Switching low music on also always helps; it doesn't need to be loud, it just needs to cover the noise.

I actually did what Gem suggested, and had a shoebox in my shoe drawer with all my toys in. People had a tendency to walk into my room and open my wardrobe and desk drawers to peek inside (I have NO idea why, it put absolute hell in me), so they had to be pretty well hidden. Failing that, if you store your suitcase under your bed, that serves as a good hiding place too.

From there, it was just teaching myself to be quiet. Which I was pretty good at anyway, but if you're a screamer, you may want to get some practice in.

Thanks! Yeah I think i'll just go for it, I guess i'm used to living around immature guys so maybe people at uni will be different!

Haha yeah I keep them in a shoebox already, so i'll have to find somewhere in my new room to hide them. I'm not loud myself but i do have a couple of toys that are, so i'll have to experiment with all the ideas you've given me :P

I'm sort of having this problem aswell atm. I'm planning on going away next year and I have faaaar too much to take it all with me.

What i'm planning to do is to take a limited number of toys, including a couple of lelo toys that are as near to silent as you can get. Everything else is going to be left in locked storage at home for when I have my own space.

Being ruthless might be the answer, and only take things you know are silent, like dildos, bondage and very quiet vibes, and leave the louder, bulkier things at home, stored away somewhere your parents wont look.

Well all of my stuff fits into a shoebox already at home, so I don't think i'll have the issue of having 'too much stuff' (i hope, i still haven't packed my clothes...) so i think i'll take it all as i know my mum does look through my things when i'm not there and it's not the kind of thing i'd want her to discover! Unfortunately my favourite ones are the noiser ones...maybe i'll just have to go back to the flat when everyone else is in lectures to use them :P

I wouldn't worry yourself too much. As Hella pointed out, in halls of residence and shared houses, you generally hear everything that's going on - so any embarassment will soon wear off!

In my third year I was living in Halls, and as well as my own collection of toys I was also a party planner for a well known high street sex toy chain, so always had a large collection out on show! I became known as the go-to person for sex advice, and judging by the sounds coming from my neighbours' rooms, it was successful advice ;)

Living in halls myself for the last two years (and just about to do my third!) its not an issue!

I ive with 26 people, and ive heard all of them having sex at some point or other (even seen on couple half naked going at it when thye had propped their door open!)

At my OH's (who lives with 12) I never really bother to keep my voice down either. Doesnt particularly matter. Everyone is fairly mature about it and if theyre not, you just ignore them and they soon learn!
Playing Music tends to be a good idea as well though. It can often muffle the noises. :)

sorry, double post

okay so general consensus...take them and use them anyway!? :P sounds good, i'll be sure to report back if i get in any embarassing situations ... ;)

Buttercup. wrote:

okay so general consensus...take them and use them anyway!? :P sounds good, i'll be sure to report back if i get in any embarassing situations ... ;)

Definitely take them and use them.

At uni people are pretty open. Just keep all your toys together in a box where no one will stumble upon them accidentally or when drunk and curious (it happens!).

Few ideas:

Noisy toys, are they waterproof? Using them in the shower will drown out noise, failing that TV or music noise might be your best bets.

Quite often your neighbours on either side in halls or your housemates in later years will all be out at lectures/partying/partners houses. If you can't hear them rummaging around, chances are they won't be around to hear you ;)

Thirdly and a shameless plug, go to http://factsandfriction.blogspot.com and read the blog I kept about my university sex life! Got a few useful tips peppered around it!

x

haha awesome! thanks! doesn't sound like it'll be too difficult! haha!

Went to check out your blog about an hour ago...still reading...getting hornier and hornier as i read. Will definitely be reading this instead of doing coursework..