Sex toys & Egypt

Hi all,

I am travelling to Hurghada in Egypt in a few weeks. Does anyone know if i can pack a couple of small battery powered vibes in my suitcase (checked in bag).
Ive tried googling but its not very clear.
Ive taken them away before with no issues to Spain, France, Italy, Canary Islands. Just not sure if there allowed in Egypt!
Thanks.

3 Likes

Check your countrys travel advice for Egypt, the UK page doesn’t specify, and to be honest I’d just leave the toys at home rather than take the risk.
The other countries you’ve mentioned are very different from Egypt…

Edited for spelling.

I booked hurghada Egypt for this November. I won’t be taking sex toys with me but please let me know how it is. A friend has told me it’s a right dump and said they wouldn’t go again so I’m really hoping that’s not the case.

1 Like

Thats my worry, Egypt is very different.
I love taking them on holiday as I still live at home with my parents, so being on holiday and in a room to myself is the perfect privacy. I also find im a lot more hornyer on holiday and use them more often :joy:

Egypt is an odd one, as I don’t think sex toys are expressly forbidden but they also aren’t particularly acceptable either.

I wouldn’t risk ruining a holiday getting into issues on arrival but if you really want to, taking something you wouldn’t be heart broken to lose and could pass more as a body massager would probably be your best bet.

Oh how things have changed there. :crying_cat_face:

From the Wikipedia page for the Egyptian goddess Hathor -

Hathor’s joyful, ecstatic side indicates her feminine, procreative power. In some creation myths she helped produce the world itself. Atum, a creator god who contained all things within himself, was said to have produced his children Shu and Tefnut, and thus begun the process of creation, by masturbating. The hand he used for this act, the Hand of Atum, represented the female aspect of himself and could be personified by Hathor, Nebethetepet, or another goddess, Iusaaset. :bunny_girl1: :wave: :sweat_drops: :earth_africa:

Hi, @stephw22

HuffPost’s blog: “Sex Toys and Uprising in Egypt” has some interesting insights into Egypt’s attitude towards vibrators and other sex aids.

“Somehow, I found myself in a lingerie shop in Maadi, south Cairo. The shop manager, demure in her hijab, glanced towards the door, then reached behind the till and pulled out a small, embroidered wooden box. Again, she glanced towards the door before opening the lid. A row of vibrators lay on the felt lining…. They claim to be the only shop that sells vibrators in Cairo.”

“Egypt remains a highly conservative country when it comes to sex. Sex is largely a taboo topic of conversation …”

In light of what I’ve read here (and elsewhere),my advice would be not to pack your toys.

We went into Cairo with toys with no issues a few years ago, compared to Dubai and Saudi it is all very liberal.

Personally I would never take a vibrator or anything obviously phallic into any of those countries but there are many ‘wellness’ instruments that could be used down below.

Please tell me I’m not the only person who read the title and instantly thought of a Pyramid Vibe and the logistics of how that might work?

You are, you should sit on the cone of shame

That’s what I was worried about.

Ive ordered one for the top of my toothbrush :joy: I would like to take my trusty mini wand.
Even if i get it there and then bin it and busy a new one when i get home :joy:
I need to find out if my case gets scanned once we land out there.

‘If in doubt keep them out’

Ive got a solution to the problem. Just dont go to any ridiculously conservative countries that are going to create a problem over a small electrical gadget designed for personal use.
Many of the officials of those countries thoroughly enjoy the liberal freedom when traveling to other countries.

We’re off there too next year …. Should be interesting but worried about the heat at the time we’re going :joy: hopefully things don’t melt :joy: