Sex toys how do you store them?

I use a lockable metal case that I already had laying around to store all mine in...

Its nothing fancy, but it does the job.. I got it from Maplin.

I was thinking of starting a new thread about storage when I found this! Im new to LH and I'n getting my first delivery tomorrow :D I've made sure to get the LH satin storage pouches for all the toys we've ordered. I'm planning on storing them in the bags, and in the big cardboard box that the delivery comes in for a couple of days until I can pick up a love looking leather storage box! It could just be a normal plastic box but I think it'll add to the fun having a nice looking box. I'm planning on just putting this ontop of a cupboard away from little hands!

One thing I was wondering, is how people chose to store their lingerie, or clothes they have specifically for sex. I love the idea of satin drawstring bags to keep clothing in too, but can't seem to find any that would accommodate. I used to keep them in a draw with my underwear but I have little people in this house that are growing increasingly curious as to what is in every draw in the house!

Also, do people keep their lubricants/runny stuff in a separate container? Thinking of getting a small water proof box to go in my big box just in case any of them happen to leak.

HappilyExperimenting wrote:

Oh dear, as my sister has moved back in recently my bed will be going into storage to make room for a bunk-bed (we will have to share a room again). This means I need to find new hiding places for my four LH gift boxes filled with toys and the four cardboard boxes under my desk. Getting nervous!!

I need to sort them all out and do a clean-up but it is so difficult when I have to share a room now :( Does anybody have any storage tips when it comes to sharing a room with an unsuspecting sister? (She is over 18, but it still makes me nervous!) I won't have any drawers either to store my gift boxes in, helppp!

Did you find a storage solution?

I've got a bit f an OCD thing and need some help.

I like to keep same brands together - for example Doc Johnston in one place, LoveHoney own in a seperate box etc etc

Unfortunatly this means that i am starting to get too many boxes, some of which have one thing and it means sensible things arent together, For example sex toy cleaners arnt with sex toys, lubes not with their device... help!

I keep my sex toy cleaner by the sink in the bathroom the lubes in a small lh gift box inside a large box that has bondage and anal toys and then another large box for my vibes bullets batteries etc. Keep all the toys in lh bags or pencil cases :-)

I get these boxes - https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=tricoastal+design&es_sm=93&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=LY1EUvDnFc2f7AaxkIG4DA&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAQ&biw=1280&bih=699&dpr=1#es_sm=93&q=tricoastal+design+french+inspiration&tbm=isch&imgdii=_ they look real pretty in my bedroom and people wouldn't know any better, but i do keep some of my toys boxes because i don't like clutter haha :P xx

I use several locking toy boxes.

i was also thinking of starting a thread on this to get peoples advice on storing rubber toys.

We have all of ours in a sports bag under the bed which works fine. a fe are also divied up into wash bags (Christmas presents surplus to requirement!) which works well as I have them split into anal toys, vibrating etc...

However I find the rubber toys just attract everyhting including dust and fluff which means in the heat of the moment they cant just be whipped out and used. What do you guys store the rubber toys in?

Also had an issue recently where a rubber butt plug (the brand was Basix and NOT bought of here) was next packed away and touching another anal probe toy. When I went to get them both out, they had reacted and almost melted into each other. I got them apart and the anal probe now has a dent in it and the basix rubber plug had to be chucked out as it was in such a mess. Anyone had this happen to them ?

When we started back a couple of months ago buying and using toys after a couple of years break we decided to clear out one of my drawer on my beside locker and fit a lock so little hands can't open it... We also decided to get a bag for everything unless like the Doc Johnson Dildos or Lelo Wand it comes with it's own... Not only does it make sure that there's no issues with materials mixing but also we find it keeps them all a lot cleaner.

Our ownly problem is the draw is getting rather full already...18 New toys in a few months... lol addicts maybe. So I think this weekend my OH is clearing out one of her draws and we'll be moving things around... oh and of course adding a lock.

I've just put all of mine into an Ikea MALM http://st.houzz.com/simgs/3eb1f30a0e4cc082_4-0550/modern-storage-boxes.jpg

Within that there is a box for toys, a box for bondage stuff and the lube is sitting outside the boxes.

Toys are all in socks or drawstring bags.

I have

2 Broken cases from ForYourNymphomation

1 File case

3 Cardboard boxes from LoveHoney

2 Violet wand cases

All are in my wardrobe execept for the Vilolet wands.

I am thinking about getting a cheap travel case to get rid of the cardboard boxes!

All Dildos and plugs are in drawstring bags or freezer bags to prevent them melting.

I keep all mine in satin storage bags in a lovehoney large gift box

Don_Don, it is important that none of your jelly toys touch each other as they can end up damaged! How about little cardboard shoeboxes for each individual toy, or pencilcases? They are very cheap! :-)

Just Jenson wrote:

i was also thinking of starting a thread on this to get peoples advice on storing rubber toys.

We have all of ours in a sports bag under the bed which works fine. a fe are also divied up into wash bags (Christmas presents surplus to requirement!) which works well as I have them split into anal toys, vibrating etc...

However I find the rubber toys just attract everyhting including dust and fluff which means in the heat of the moment they cant just be whipped out and used. What do you guys store the rubber toys in?

Also had an issue recently where a rubber butt plug (the brand was Basix and NOT bought of here) was next packed away and touching another anal probe toy. When I went to get them both out, they had reacted and almost melted into each other. I got them apart and the anal probe now has a dent in it and the basix rubber plug had to be chucked out as it was in such a mess. Anyone had this happen to them ?

No two toys should ever be stored together really. Especially jelly, rubber and silcone as the chemicals in the materials react together which is why they 'melt'.

I've heard some people use plastic food bags / sandwich bags to store toys in, but I don't know if there is anything in the bags that would react with the materials of the toys. If you have a haberdashery nearby you could buy a large piece of satin material for a few quid and just cut out squares to wrap each toy individually too.

Just Jenson wrote:

Check the archives. There are several threads already - and that means a lot of experience to draw on. Like years of members', not just those who are active now.

I have storage bags or use material cut offs to wrap them up, unless they still have their boxes to store them in

Top drawer of a beside unit in their satin bags, with everything else (lube, spare batteries, cleaners, etc.) in there too, so I know where everything is and it's within easy reach!

I keep all my toys (of a variety of different materials) in a pretty storage box under my bed, all of them have their own Lovehoney drawstring bag to avoid the materials irritating one another.

I have a rubber butt plug which i agree attracts a lot of dirt so I tend to give it a wipe with an Ann Summers buzz fresh wipe before use and allow it to dry.

Most of my other toys I just clean after use and pop it into the drawstring bag to keep it clean untill I next need to use it.

Usually I just keep mine in a basket next to the bed as we don't have space for drawers.

But occaisionally my boyfriends mum comes to stay and we have some of her stuff here in various cupboards so everytime she comes she properly rakes through every cupboard to find her stuff so I have to really carefully hide things or she will find EVERYTHING...

At the moment theyre in my two bedside draws which are vastly over flowing so im getting two large LH gift boxes (hopefully delievered next week!) and so far ive made my own drawstring storage bags but thinking of getting a sewing machine and some silk or soft material to re-do them this weekend.

My lingerie, corsets and stocking are a whole different thing, out grew my cupboard a long time ago.