Sex toys in hand luggage?

My partner and I are going on a romantic getaway to Italy in just over a week. We were wondering about what we can and cannot take in our hand luggage as we are travelling on a budget airline and do not have any checked baggage. We were planning on taking (in order of value):

A wand vibrator

Leather handcuffs

A strap on harness

A glass dildo

A 7" vibrator

Are there any issues we should be aware of when travelling with these items? We are going to Italy, and I am unaware of any specific restrictions on 'personal' items such as these.

Any advice is welcome! :)

Check the airlines restrictions specific to your region. Also be prepared for it to be inspected.

For hand luggage you will not be allowed to take anything with a removable battery, I think it's bond making reasons.

You will, not ba able to take the handcuffs either, means of restraining another person, linked to terrorism rules.

On the plus side, your glass dildo will be fine, your wand (if it's a mains power one) will be fine, but you will need to take an adaptor Italy use a 2 pin plug system. The strap on should be fine.

Now if you want to take handcuffs, a pair of the satin ones that fold flat like a belt, should be fine, although I would take them out of the box.

The only other thing to think about is you will be asked if there are any elactrical devices in your bag. Be repaired to answer honestly. Your bag will x rayed and anything that they deem to look suspicious will be looked at. So you might find your strap on and dildo in full public view. Also make sure your sex toy cleaner is no more than a 100 ml bottle, there are fluid restriction too on some flights.

i hope this is helpful.

Yep. Be prepared that all electrical devices might be inspected. If you are willing to do that publicly, you should be fine in taking them on board. Also, as Fun Louise said, handcuffs is probably a no-no, but some soft restraints should be ok.

Maybe I shouldn't make this public knowledge, but bare in mind that Italian airport security is much more permissive than the British ones. I know from personal experience.

You might want to read this recent thread too: http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/sex-tips-and-talk/1323473-bondage-on-holiday/ for some useful info on topic.

In pretty sure you won't be able to take handcuffs in hand luggage! Electrical items are often asked to be removed from hand luggage and sent through machine seperatly. I think you'd be best putting these items in hold luggage.

I don't think you'll get those through in cabin baggage there quite strict on what you can take especially restraints etc you would probably be better adding a hold bag xx

Hi Marchpane, I remembered there was a thread about this previously, and it had some good advice & tips. I have posted the link below for you :) xx

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/sex-tips-and-talk/1021109-taking-toys-on-holiday/

A mains-powered wand is a pretty large item, I imagine you might be asked to take it out so that they could X-ray it separately. I don't think they would confiscate it, though.

I would not attempt taking any cuffs on board (on some airports they have plastic, see-through boxes of confiscated metal items, and while I guess they would not put vibes in - kids can clearly see what is in, after all - I distinctly remember I once saw a set of metal cuffs in one of these, among all those knives, pairs of tweezers and similar objects).

I imagine you should have no problems with average-sized glass or silicone dildos, and with smallish clitoral vibes.

i was thinking of taking a few toys on my honey moon decided aganst it in the end too many restrictions etc :(

I live in the states and I typically find the TSA inspection card inside my bag next to my toys. Good advice here....

There is no way you can carry on handcuffs here. I always pack inside plastic bags and check larger toys. I carry on rocket rockets my 50 shades clit vibe no problems. Thinking about carrying on my happy rabbit next trip but scared of inspection in security line.

I live in the states and I typically find the TSA inspection card inside my bag next to my toys. Good advice here....

There is no way you can carry on handcuffs here. I always pack inside plastic bags and check larger toys. I carry on rocket rockets my 50 shades clit vibe no problems. Thinking about carrying on my happy rabbit next trip but scared of inspection in security line.