Sex toys + the IUD ?

Hello all!

I was just settling down to a playful session with some 10.5 inch love beads, I wanted to use them in my vagina (TMI?) and then all of a sudden the horrifying thought struck me "What if this long toy interferes with my coil?"

I don't know if any other ladies here have the coil/IUD but it sits in your womb and as naive as this sounds, where is this 10 inch toy going? Is it going to interfere with the coil all the way up in my womb? There is a wire that hangs out of the cervix and gets tucked away round there too that I'm able to feel with just my finger so, I'm scared I'll do some damage to it with these long toys. I already have enough fears of the coil coming out accidentally that the thought of a toy tangling round the string and yanking it out just worries me!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! I was very disgruntled to have to cut my 'self sexy time' short!

Hi mnms,
I've got a mirena coil. To be honest I've never given it a thought what size toys I use! And subsequently haven't ever had a problem. I suppose larger toys stretch you 'up' as well as 'out' I can easily reach my threads but can also easily use an 8 inch dildo. I hope tht helps. I don't think you'll have a problem xx

Hi mnms,
I've got a mirena coil. To be honest I've never given it a thought what size toys I use! And subsequently haven't ever had a problem. I suppose larger toys stretch you 'up' as well as 'out' I can easily reach my threads but can also easily use an 8 inch dildo. I hope tht helps. I don't think you'll have a problem xx

I have the Mirena coil too, toy wise my toys are not big enough to get close to my coil strings. I have been with a guy who was on the big side and sex was pretty painful as he hit my cervix a lot and I had pain deep inside and he said he could feel the coil when he thrusted.

Poppicat same with me! The partner I had when I first got my coil was huge and could feel the strings rubbing against him and would also hit my cervix, but my current partner is average sized and can't feel the strings (presumably because he turns me on and they soften up and disappear)

I'm just very concerned about a long thin toy interacting with the coil. I think I'm gonna look into getting a shorter ribbed toy rather than using my long love beads :)

The coil is right inside your cervix which is quite long and thin. So it's very secure in there and it won't be affected by sex or playing with toys.