Sex toys use in hot tub?

My OH and I are going to a hot tub for the weekend in early September, to celebrate being engaged for a year.

Now I know I could use my glass dildos in the hot tub, but what about my other toys?

is it safe to use my waterproof toys in the hot tub? Is the water pressure from the jets bad for the waterproof nature of the toys?

Will the chlorine affect my silicon toys!

I was specifically thinking of my new Lelo Mona 2.

your help and advice is welcome please.

2 Likes

Ooooh, I actually have no idea. You'd probably be best off asking customer care, or maybe even shooting Lelo an email - I know I'd personally never risk my Mona 2!

I would not expect the chlorine in the water to pose any problems because normal tap water is chlorinated although to a much lower extend. Some of the joint of the tub are probably sealed with rubber or silicone washers so if these are safe so would your toys. I wouldn't leave the toys sitting around in the water though because it may cause surface damage after multiple hours.

Toys are considered "waterproof" if you can use them in the bath. They probably haven't been tested in front of a strong waterjet, like you would have in a hot tub, so it would be your own risk. Maybe use the toys with the jets and bubble off if you're worried or keep them out of the direct flow.

Do bear in mind that using toys internally is more likely to cause bacterial problems when in water, especially dirty water. This is why sex isn't recommended when swimming in the sea. You are also more likely to require additional lube because it can wash away faster than your body can produce it. If you are doing it on a reasonably regular basis, you may want to upgrade the water filtration unit and invest in a UV steriliation unit.

1 Like

Thanks, I really don't want to damage my Mons2 especially as it is new, so maybe just the glass in the hot tub then.

i can always use the mona in the shower with the OH.

I would express caution when using toys or engaging in any sexual activity in a hot tub. You would need to use a silicone based lube (as water-based will just wash away) - but if this gets anywhere else, you can find yourself in a dangerous situation - me and my husband tried sex in a hot tub last year, once you've got silicone lube in your hands, it's not easy to rinse off, and as hands touched the plastic seating, it soon turned incredibly slippery, and at one point, as I stood up to change position, I almost tumbled out of the hot tub because I slipped on the seating!! So do take the utmost care and keep a towel VERY handy!!

1 Like

Wouldn't use expensive toys in the tub, it's much deeper(usually) than a bath so the risk of water getting in is greater, use before/after maybe?

DavidB1986 wrote:

I would express caution when using toys or engaging in any sexual activity in a hot tub. You would need to use a silicone based lube (as water-based will just wash away) - but if this gets anywhere else, you can find yourself in a dangerous situation - me and my husband tried sex in a hot tub last year, once you've got silicone lube in your hands, it's not easy to rinse off, and as hands touched the plastic seating, it soon turned incredibly slippery, and at one point, as I stood up to change position, I almost tumbled out of the hot tub because I slipped on the seating!! So do take the utmost care and keep a towel VERY handy!!

Very handy to know. Fortunately we hardly ever use lube as I'm very easily turned on.

1 Like

So I emailed Lelo and they said it should be ok to use my Mona 2 in the hot tub! As long as the temperature is not too high (advise not above 40*c) and that the toy is cleaned immediately after use to remove chlorine it should be fine.

Thought there might be other people out there that are interested.

2 Likes

Fun Louise wrote:

Very handy to know. Fortunately we hardly ever use lube as I'm very easily turned on.

We have always found in the pool that we need some silicone lube even although in normal (out of water) conditions we don't use anything extra generally for lubrication.

I guess if you don't need lube in the shower then you should be okay in a pool/hot tube.

1 Like

I personally wouldn't take anything but glass into a hot tub, I'd be too worried about any damage by the high chlorine content and the temperature.

The silicone lube sounds a good idea for when in a pool, as he chlorine dries me up.

2 Likes

Enjoy yourselves. We have never used toys in the hot tub but have always had sex in them when we've had weekends away. We don't use lube as we're pretty much horny all the time 😉 as the water makes you feel weightless, we have experimented with all sorts of positions which just wouldn't be possible for us out of water. It's one of those things that I can think back to and always makes me grin like a Cheshire cat!

1 Like

I'm paranoid about getting infections etc so I'd personally stick to using external toys like a bullet or something in a hot tub.

Hope you enjoy your time away and (very) belated congrats on your engagement!

Thinking about buying a hot tub. Doesn't seem to be a specific thread about them, so I thought I'd ask the question:

Are they practical for outdoor sex play?

What about lube?

Do the chemicals affect your toys?

Is the lounger seat better than the upright seat?

What kind of jets get you off?

And loads of other questions I haven't thought of yet!

OK we tried hot tub sex when we were on holiday this year, and personally, we found it completely impractical.

Also, it's really bloody hot - When the water temperature is around 40 degrees, and you're trying to get all hot and heavy, we just found we 'wore' out quicker, and ultimately it was unfulfilling and dangerous.

Dangerous? Well the only lube I had one me that was safe to be used in water was a bottle of silicone lubricant (as this won't just wash away like water-based) - however that said, once you've got it on your hands, it's difficult to wash off without some soap and water, and the towel was hanging up on the other side (so not easily reached) - so there was lube EVERYWHERE and it got all over the seats making them REALLY slippery, so much so I almost fell out, arse over tit.

Never mind that I did experience some minor irritation, most likely due to the chemicals used in the hot tub (nothing serious, thank god) but still.

Personally, it may all sound really hot and sexy - and I admit, it was my goal to do it in the hot tub whilst we were away - but when it came down to it, it just wasn't fun at all.

I wouldn't know about toys as we didn't use any in the hot tub.

I've heard nothing but complaints about under water sex, personally I've had no issues with penetration solo underwater, but I imagine it'd be different with someone else. The main issue people have seems to be penetration, somehow the water makes it harder... I'm sure someone might be able to explain the science behind it a bit better than me lol.

I havent ever had one but after attending quite a few swinging clubs there are a few reasons why they dont really let anyone have sex in there.. and then theres the added danger and akwardness of trying to have sex.

We've got a hot tub but have never tried to have sex in it. We've started some fun in there, but normally just caressing and as things hot up we end up getting out of the tub and heading indoors.

Ours isn't totally out of view from the neighbours so not sure about having sex in it!!!!

I've never tried to use any of the jets to get me off. (Maybe I should?!!)

We just use it to relax at the end of the day, great to sit back with some music and the warm jets.

1 Like

Hot tub playtime is pretty great, but hot tub sex.... Yeah, nah.

I think David's pretty much got it covered to be honest, it's impractical, it's hot, and there's a fair fear of drowing and/or choking on pool water.
It's also pretty grim, since to be properly hygenic you'd have to change the entire pool of water after every play time.

Lube wise, I wouldn't recommend doing anything in a hot tub that's going to require more lube than water provides (aka anal play). Germs and trace fecal matter will get everywhere, and so back to the water change issue.
Most lubes will either wash off straight away, or like David's, stick and coat everything, making it a lethal slip and slide.
Also, anything to that....precision requires stability and good visability, both things you don't have in a hot tub. You'll just risk hurting each other :')

As for toys.... Most toys will be safe to use in the tub as long as they are waterproof, and as long as you wash them in plain tap water after use. After all, the chemicals in there are body safe, and they're in such low concentrations to be virtually harmless anyway.
If you're worried and to be on the safe side, stick to steel, glass and pure silicone and you should be okay.

Another thing to note, humans float, and it ducking hurts when you bash a bodypart on the hot tub moulding :P

1 Like

Thanks everyone. I'll get a "No Petting, No Bombing, No Diving" notice to put up, then!

1 Like

We have a hottub best advice is try and see if its fun well carry on