sex with an ex

I just wanted your views on this one as to whether this is a good idea or not.
My ex text me last night asking for a f**k. I must admit I did go round and we did it. the problem is I know she still has feelings for me. I have had another text today and she wants the same again, is this a good idea or not?

If the feelings aren't mutual then no not really.

I have to dis agree! In the old days this was called a one night stand. I had many with no emotioal investment at all. If you wanted to have sex with someone then I don't see the problem. As long as long as no one is getting hurt then I would just do it, if that's what you want of course.

I would make it clear though, that it is just shagging!

As long as it's to consenting adults I don't see the problem. Although I am fond of the saying "an ex is like prison, if you keep going back you haven't learned your lesson"

If she still has feelings for you then it's a big fat nope. You're leading her on.

Casual sex is fine. Having sex with an ex can be fine. But having sex with an ex is not the same thing as having sex with an ex who still has feelings for you and is highly likely to be equating having sex with you as slowly getting you back/you still loving her. She's still 'got you' as long as you are coming back to her evey night, even if to you it is just sex.

I'd give her the space to move on from you if you have no desire to actually be with her again. If she still wants sex when there are no feelings involved that's simply two adults having fun. As it stands, if she truly has feelings for you, there is likely too much emotional investment on her part for it to be considered casual sex.

Lovebirds_x wrote:

If she still has feelings for you then it's a big fat nope. You're leading her on.

Casual sex is fine. Having sex with an ex can be fine. But having sex with an ex is not the same thing as having sex with an ex who still has feelings for you and is highly likely to be equating having sex with you as slowly getting you back/you still loving her. She's still 'got you' as long as you are coming back to her evey night, even if to you it is just sex.

I'd give her the space to move on from you if you have no desire to actually be with her again. If she still wants sex when there are no feelings involved that's simply two adults having fun. As it stands, if she truly has feelings for you, there is likely too much emotional investment on her part for it to be considered casual sex.

+1

As long as u make it clear there is no feelings involved then it ok.. There is a couple times I have gone back to an ex just because sex was amazing! So it really was just for that fix!

It's a tough one.

If she clearly still has feelings then I'd say stay clear of her, as it's leading her on & playing on her emotion which isn't fair, make your intentions clear and if she accepts them then keep doing what you're doing but if she can't agree or seems uncomfortable with it, cut it off immediately.

Personally, I'd cut all ties with her for the moment to let her, not get over her emotions, but adjust to the fact you aren't together and the sex doesn't mean you will get back together. If she can handle the 'no strings attached' sex then like I said go for it but I'd make sure she understands/agrees to this before continuing.

I recently split up with my bf and he has asked for sex since but I can't as I no longer have any emotion for him and I simply hate him now.

I'd say a big fat no! If you know she has feelings for you still & you wouldn't ever want to go back then it's just not fair on her, I've experienced this from both sides, I've had feelings & though well if we just have sex again, it'll be great & he might come back & I've also been the one who's just been horny & thought it's only sex he'll be fine with it...and it's not.....personally it's ended in tears so I wouldn't recommend it to anyone....though I do understand it's sometimes hard to say no x

I can't see this having a happy ending.

In my opinion she still could have feelings for you and I think you need to do the decent gentlemany thing and put an end to it before she gets hurt.

By all means if you also have feelings then give it another go it does happen .I have been out with the same girl twice but have to admit the second time round never seems quite as good nor lasted as long .Perhaps thats me keeping my feelings in check .

she may have feelings for you and may be taking it that because you had sex she stands a chance at getting back with you..