Sexy games feedback & questions

Howdy all 

So here at Lovehoney HQ we have been discussing sexy games and how they help intiate sex or maybe they don't for you..... 

So I have some questions to see how you guys feel about sexy games.

Think about games you have started/played or considered.Maybe you have thought of a game that you really would like to play you just can't find ! Any feedback would be great ![heart|20x20](upload://4WyQT1gwKaQJNwhYxrKZ1rOPglF.gif "heart")

If there was the perfect couple's game (non-board game) - what would it be like? / Do you have any ideas for a kinky couple's game?

How long should a sexy game take to play?

What kind of games do you play already? Have you ever used a non-sex game to initiate sex/intimacy?

What level would you like to see a game go to? anal, bondage, vanilla (something else)

Where would you play your games (eg bedroom / bathroom / kitchen) or would you prefer something long distance? (eg sexting / love notes)

Do you find it difficult to suggest a game? How would you approach your OH ? Do the current games make it easy enough to suggest ?

What do you think about a sex game which involves some competition / a winner?

Why would you buy a game?

If you've shopped for a sexy game in the past, did you choose it with your partner, or for your partner?

What would make you play a game more than once?

Any other comments / ideas?

Thank you all **************************************************************************

If there was the perfect couple's game (non-board game) - what would it be like? / Do you have any ideas for a kinky couple's game? Everyone has different definitions of perfect, but for us, any game that brings us together to provide a fun varied evening would be enough!

How long should a sexy game take to play? Sometimes we’re in the mood for a quick game, so reach for something simple like a card game as they can be played within 30 minutes, others we’d play for a couple of hours. I wouldn’t want to play any longer than 2.5 hours as I think we’d be tired out!

What kind of games do you play already? Have you ever used a non-sex game to initiate sex/intimacy? Board games like Foreplay In a Row or card IOUs such as Bedroom Vows. We don’t have many sexy games at the moment. Non sexual game wise - we’ve played games on the computer or whatever and the loser performs whatever act the winner wants. (Usually oral or some sort of fantasy/roleplay)

What level would you like to see a game go to? anal, bondage, vanilla (something else) A game that covers all bases would be good for us working from sensual vanilla to intermediate bondage.

Where would you play your games (eg bedroom / bathroom / kitchen) or would you prefer something long distance? (eg sexting / love notes) We play games in the bedroom mostly, but as we’re long distance something we could play when we’re not together would be something worth looking at.

Do you find it difficult to suggest a game? How would you approach your OH ? Do the current games make it easy enough to suggest ? Not really, it depends what it is. My partner has chosen all of our games with me so far, so he’s comfortable if I pick one out for us to play. I think he’d be more nervous if it’s something he hadn’t looked into before trying it, but I think with the promise of sex, he’d give anything a go!

What do you think about a sex game which involves some competition / a winner? So much fun. We like foreplay in a row for this and the winner gets four sexual treats and the other doesn’t, it makes the loser want to take their chances on a second round.

Why would you buy a game? For a bit of fun or to find something new we haven’t tried. It also keeps the lines of communication about sex open for us as we decide what we would and wouldn’t do in a game and anything we wouldn’t do is simply removed. Helps us to understand each others limits.

If you've shopped for a sexy game in the past, did you choose it with your partner, or for your partner? With my partner.

What would make you play a game more than once? If it wasn’t overly repetitive or boring, we like some variety. Plenty of options and levels of the game would keep us coming back for more.

Any other comments / ideas? Not really, I hope this helps anyway. x

Not sure i am going to help much but I've played strip poker before and that was when drunk ^^ I have a card and dice game I got free with a mind body and spirit magazine! I've never played it though as it's all strip tease and other showy stuff and other than when i am drunk i am silly shy with things like that...I have no idea if my partner would like to play a sexy game it's never come up in conversion So guessing probably not...but i am curious and wouldn't mind trying one that maybe tested my limits in some way..taking me out of my comfort zone..but it's okies safe word in place before you start type thing...definitely on hard core bondage level with beginner anal? Xxx

If there was the perfect couple's game (non-board game) - what would it be like? / Do you have any ideas for a kinky couple's game?

Not sure if something like this exists already but we made our own game three set of different colours paper. The pink each has a place written on it eg. Living room, garden, bedroom. The green pieces of paper have a sex toy written on all something we own. Yellow pieces of paper have a sex position on. Each is folder so whoever a turn it is to pick, picks a pink, green and yellow piece out of a box and we use the place, toy and position picked.

We never end up playing a game for long I'd say around 30 minutes.

What kind of games do you play already? Have you ever used a non-sex game to initiate sex/intimacy?

We have dice. Something very similar to this http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=30277 . We also use iou hot sex cards.

What level would you like to see a game go to? anal, bondage, vanilla (something else)

Except heavy bondage or anything that's involved toileting, we are happy to experiment with pretty much everything else.

Where would you play your games (eg bedroom / bathroom / kitchen) or would you prefer something long distance? (eg sexting / love notes)

Depending on situation we have played our games in every room in our house. I'll often put an iou card in my oh's wallet for him to discover later whilst he's at work.

Do you find it difficult to suggest a game? How would you approach your OH ? Do the current games make it easy enough to suggest ?

My oh is always up for action.

I love winning, who doesn't? I also like the idea of forfeits.

We made our game so we didn't end up having 'Samey' sex.

If you've shopped for a sexy game in the past, did you choose it with your partner, or for your partner?

We chose are hands together.

Easy to play and doesn't end up taking all night.

I've tried lots of games and the only one I really enjoy going back to is tie and tease. I like the game to last between 1 and 2 hours. I would love to find a game that went a lot further then the games I have tried. Perhaps like you said including anal play and harder bondage.
Something I would really appreciate when choosing a game is a list of the 'extras' required. Like blindfold, massage oil etc. Although in regards to massage I personally find it too dull for a sex game though it tends to always crop up.
I love a game to have some competitiveness to it. And definitely one that involves a winner. I usually like the winners reward to be to choose how the finale will go.
I love games we can play when we are together. But my partner and I don't live together and a long distance game sounds ideal! Perhaps including pictures. Or a game to play over the phone as I struggle with phone sex and that would make it easier for me.
For me what makes me play a game more then once is if it brings something new and exciting. Tame games are a waste of time as we do those things on a normal session. Sorry it's all jumbled up but I hope it helps x
P.s please start selling a more adventurous game! I would be first in line to buy it x

If there was the perfect couple's game (non-board game) - what would it be like?

We prefer board games (in and out of the bedroom), and we are not very good at creating stuff for ourselves, although I have copied once an idea of a game sold here and made my own version of it. It was basically just a truth or dare type of thing, and I just put down on paper a series of questions I wanted asked or answered between us and a series of sexual acts I wanted to experiment with... Printed them out in colour and put the stripes (with truth on one side in black and dare on the other in red) in a hat for us to chose from. My point is, the perfect game for us is the one that pushes our bounderies as we can be unimaginative at times and shy too... So it needs to be creative, original, daring, yet very personal. Oh, and the perfect game would never run out of the novelty factor so it would need lots of possibilities (such as lots of tasks included and expansion packages).

Do you have any ideas for a kinky couple's game?

Sorry, no real ideas, and if I had one, I'd make it a business proposal anyway. :)

Pretty much agree with NatandTom here. Minimum of 30 minutes, maximum of 2-3 hours.

What kind of games do you play already?

Well, just look at my order history... Started out with Monogamy and felt it was annoyingly bad (still can't grasp its success with reviewers), traded it for Tie & Tease (which is our all time favourite so far and ticks a lot of the above mentioned boxes), and then bought pretty much everything I could find interest in. Bought Tease when it was going to get discontinued (due to the Tie & Tease success and intrigued by it being able to be played in groups although we are not as daring yet), recently got Nookii with the DOTD (did not impress me upon receiving it, but we'll see when played out), and the Fun in Bed (which seems fun indeed upon inspection at arrival, though not yet played), the Foolin' around (sounds good too, not yet played), have bought Lust (card version) to save the marriage of a good friend (and it's on my wishlist in both versions since), have bought some cards and dice (especially with the intent of adding new spice to Tie & Tease) such as the Tease Erotic Dice and bondage ones (from AS), Let's Fool Around, Pillow Talk, Sex Scenarios (AS), Hot Date Cards, 50 Days of Play, Domin8 (both card and board version)... I have had the pleasure to test two sets of cards for you too... I have gifted http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=34496 and http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=34679 recently to my husband, but he already received a few years back sex vouchers for Valentines that he enjoyed using, and I too hide treats of I O U Hot Sex & Fetish cards around for him to find and cash in...

Have you ever used a non-sex game to initiate sex/intimacy?

No, but that is a good idea! :)

Ideally I'd say all. Either having all levels to choose from in the same game, either having the same game tailored for different tastes and kinks... that would be fun!

We usually play in our bedroom. We live alone, so anything goes around the house though. :)

Yes, something to be played out long distance would very much interest us. Though not necessarily to be played out at the same time by both of us as sometimes travel to other timezones for business would make this difficult. So something with maybe small tasks to be done first by one in the course of maybe 10-12 hours, than the other. I could actually develope this idea more... :)

Do you find it difficult to suggest a game?

No. We liked non sexual board games way before got into the sexual ones. I actually think it's easier than suggesting some other sexual activity (because I discharge the responsability of "suggesting" to the game itself).

How would you approach your OH?

"What would you say to play a game tonight?"

Do the current games make it easy enough to suggest?

No. I find their names to be too straightforward / unappealing at times.

What game doesn't? Yes, there should definitely be a winner (even if not by competition necessarily).

For cutting out time for ourselves under the excuse of a fun activity together and for inspiration in new things / pushing our bounderies "due to the rules" (delegating responsability).

I have bought games for him, and for us. Not yet with him.

If it was versatile enough and well made. Expansion packs are a must in the long run.

Wish you'd stock more games. I have found some I would be interested in at other UK competitors, but due to unfavourable shipping costs internationally with them, I am left out.

Perfect Couples Game Non Board - I think there isn't a current one. We tend to be board game fanatics and Monogamy and Tie and Tease particularly the latter.Tie and Tease to us as the perfect amount of steamy Ness in the slowly stripping elament and kinky Ness in the form of basic spanking and bondage. A game should also have different level of intensity ,so it caters for couples begInning to experiment and those who have been into Bdsm for a while.The game should also have the right amount of board activity and non board .The loser should also be prepared to do a sex y forfeit as well.These activities could aoso be incloud ed within the game as well.

Game Time- For us a couple of hours minimum but longer the better ie. A full evening .

What games do you play already - To numerous to list as we are board game lovers .We enjoy strip blackjack .Our favourite adoption of a family games is playing Twister naked with both of us covered in baby oil.Slippery fun.

What level would you like to see the game go to.Why not all levels ? Just make the levels optional .For exampLe if you don't do anal ,just discard the anal section.

Include all sections so It it appeals to a wider audience .

Where - Mostly the bedroom as most couples will have children at some stage or other.

Why would you buy the game.because they are lots of fun to play and both of us like to win.They also contain written In st ructions which sould be carried out and removes the awkwardness of asking .

competition- Exactly bring it on . We are both competitive and the loser does a forfeit . Normally a butler or maid for the evening.

How do you chose a game- Always together , it's part of the fun!

what would make you play the game more than once -Enough cards or instrucations for variety .Options to buy further cards can add to the longevity of a game.

Any Other Comments - A game needs support and ideas . Perhaps a dedicated section of the forum with questions to the game designers if need be. Whilst I havn't put myself down as a tester , that is because some of my spare time is spent as a games tester for 2 War Gaming companies. So if you are developing a game and need a seasoned games tester then by all means look me up.

I have done games testing for approx 5 years now .Most of it on a free basis with a complimentary copy at the end. It's great fun and is some thing I enjoy and would be happy to help.

Thank you for all the feedback so far , some great and interesting answers 

![](upload://pIHCYUNJbdgC3d75cqg6QCNeSw9.jpeg)

We have played Nookii before, and whilst this wasnt a good game for us based on the cards / suggestions on them. It was a good start, this premise of (low / medium / hot) tasks to perform on each other was a good help in trying some things we hadnt before.

Around 30 mins would be sufficient

Strip cards, strip jenga

Maybe with a card based game, you can have the tasks / dares in bundles (ie one for bondage, one for Anal etc) the users can then choose to add or take away the bundles for what they feel comfortable with, and maybe by having them there, may be tempted to look and give it a try.

Bedroom normally, but also take awway to hotel with us

Im not sure it would be of benefit to win / lose, its more for the experience.

Purely for a naughty night in / hotel etc, a bit of couple fun.

Bought with both of us in mind, but i chose it.

Suitability of the game, if it really makes for a good night, then its going to get used again, we did like the silk scarf in Nookii for blindfolding, so have used that again, albeit without the game as it wasnt that good.

Maybe a game that incorporates the "sex survey" type thing, where questions come up about what you do and dont link, that may provide the conversation for people to open up about there fantasies a bit more, sorry if this already exists.

Pick a nut 😂

There could be plenty of choices for the perfect game but then every couple different so perfect game to one might not be for the other. Ideas for a game is to have sexy or naughty challenges to complete for your partner to add fun but also bringing you closer to together and in the end being intimate with each other

30 mins for a short game or 2 hours for maximum time.

Naked twister is always fun as a game that is a non-sex game.

Only have monogamy not had it for to long do still new to adult board games.

Role play would be good in a game. Maybe involve dressing up if possible or just stepping in to a role if it was instructions on a game card. Bondage and vanilla would be good as well so there was a range not just one subject.

We would start in the living room of it a board game and end up in the bedroom. Sexting could be fun either for couple who didn't live together but also for couples the did to build up the excitement throughout the day till back home in the evening.

We're quite open about trying new toys etc so wouldn't be a problem to suggest something new.

There good fun and does add the excitement element between us both as who going to be the winner and get a reward of punishment for the winner or loser.

Why would you buy a game? The last one brought was for our wedding anniversary.

With my partner.

Yes we try and play it at least once a month.

If the mood is taking us then we turn rummy (card game) or chess into strip versions or if you win a hand you get to choose the sexual favour it could be putting on a costume or stripping or sucking somewhere/doing something sexual! Great for foreplay and for getting your partner to live out a fantasy of yours/theirs!