Shallowing - more “Outer”course than Intercourse

Shallowing - more “Outer”course than Intercourse

We (like many of you we suspect) have never come across the term “Shallowing” before, but having just read an article about it, we realise that we have both been practicing the act for years.

In case you were wondering (as were both we), “Shallowing” is the act of the light stimulation and/or shallow penetration of the vagina’s entrance using either the tips of fingers, the tip of the penis, the tip of the tongue, or the first few millimetres of a dildo, or vibrator.

The first few millimetres of the entrance to the vagina (like the anus) is packed with specific nerve endings through which light stimulation can intensify female pleasure, the result of which can lead to mind-blowing orgasms.

The term “Shallowing” therefore comes from the shallow penetration of just the vagina’s entrance instead of its full, or partial, penetration. It can be performed by a partner, or solo during masturbation.

Sex toy company LELO, has predicted that “Shallowing” will be one of the top sex trends for 2024.

Following this latest news, we bet many Forum members can rightly be proud to be recognised as “trend setters”!

10 Likes

I learned about this technique from a different site, and while it’s something I’ve definitely done before, it’s nice to have a name for it and to be more mindful of it. Definitely been a go-to for me as of late and it drives my wife crazy.

3 Likes

@Himeros1
This is new to me as well - but yes I have been going it for years - especially oral aspect where he puts the tip of his tongue into me … :tongue:

2 Likes

Never knew (or worried about) a term for it, but I guess I’ve done this for years. I like to leave full penetration for as long as possible. My OH seems to love it, although we’ve never really talked about it in depth (pun intended) :joy:

When she gets close to the Big O I’ll go in a bit further, and she loves me going all the way as she starts to come. It also feels great for me to finally be engulfed after lots of teasing … good times all around!

3 Likes

My girlfriend calls it teasing and she asks for it a lot.

4 Likes

Like mention by @batjamboree, been doing this for a while when giving the OH oral.

1 Like

Looks like Love honey Forum members are way ahead of the curve. Maybe LELO should start their own members forum. LOL

Only been doing it for 45 plus years . I must admit it was much easier to do well when I was young and in great shape . Most of my lady friends called it pussy teasing . Even the mildest love maker could turn into a cock hungry animal after an extended time of this . I pretty much only did it with the head of my cock . I would start out slow with zero entry and very slowly get the head in and then stop . Repeat several times gradually just getting the head in . By this time most would be begging and trying to pull me in . I often followed all this with an extremely slow plunge of my entire shaft , and a slow pull out . I believe this process brought more earth shattering orgasms than anything else . Almost all had me jackhammer them for a finish .

Reading this post we gave it a go over the weekend and I have to say as a man it was super sensitive as far and my cock was concerned.

We lay on our sides and spooned. After a few deep thrusts I started shallowing for around 15-20 seconds, then without warning I thrust in deep. My wife gave out a gasp but I went back to shallowing this time varying the time spent before going deep again. The feeling of doing this was amazing as the head of my cock was super sensitised. My wife said that the uncertainty of when she was getting deep penetration was such a tease and it heightened her arousal.

We will certainly be adding this to our repertoire but it will be me who chooses when.

I think a variant of this works when you’ve got big labia. Instead of really going inside the vagina, the penis goes back and forth between the labia and over the clit, maybe with an occasional dip of the tip in the vaginal opening. Husband and I have done it in combination with a female partner giving oral - both clit and penis get licked in the process. Something interesting for a change of pace.

1 Like

I think that sounds about what I like most of the time. Might trend? What trended last year?