Shaving down there tips

Hi, just wondering if people have any tips for shaving intimate areas. I usually use a feminine wash and try lather up using that in the shower. I end up with shaving bumps and I've I try again in next few days it hurts. I've tried shaving with hair growth but it doesn't work for me. I also put on coconut oil after. Any tips? I don't wanna wax etc.

I use an electric shaver and I use after shave cooling balm. Works great for my sensitive skin

I've not used it myself but I've seen this suggested a few times on similar threads -

Soothing Miracle Oil 30ml https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=17921

Use a good quality 5 blade razor (No disposable rubbish) a non-foaming gel like King Of Shaves Sensitive, soak in a nice hot bath, and when read loose wnough water out so that when lying down, your bits are above the water line, then lie down and shave away. I find lying down enables you to stretch the skin and contort easier! I must add, that like shaving your face, your skin becomes accustomed to shaving, the more regularly you do it.

My OH uses my Mach 3 and sensitive shaving gel, no matter how many feminine razors she tries, my Mach 3 does a better job she says

Shave with a new or newish blade. Three blade or five. I like to oil my stubble then use a good shaving foam. Always run the blade under cold water as this keeps the edge. (You must of heard of cold steel in sword fights) gently shave with the growth and then against the growth to get straggler. Soap wash and pat dry then apply a soothing moisturiser. This works for me and my wife and we both avoid shaving rash!

Plenty of nivea men gel and a 5 blade razer, in the shower with nice hot water, oh the most important thing to take my time don't want any slip ups gulp

A good razor is for certain. Harrys or FFS (google them) are really good for the price. I use my boyfriends Harry razor. I actually just use a natural ingredients soap bar to lather up and then shave. Like IanChimp I've also seen a few people recommend that oil.

I just use a 2 blade razor (Gillette Contour) and a sensitive shave foam. Works well for me, but I have quite fine hair. Definitely agree that the more you do it the more your skin gets used to it. Main problem area for me is the pubic triangle, but so long as I shave in the direction of growth then I don't have a problem. If I try to shave against the growth then I do get a bit if a rash and end up nicking myself into the bargain. Doesn't get me quite so smooth, but good enough for me.

I use the miracle oil shaving products and a good razor and now get no irritation. I also use these products to shave my face and neck and after years of shaving torture my sensitive skin is now rash free and no longer sore. I have tried many high street products to no avail but the miracle oil ones have been a life changer for me.

Used to shave but got fed up with missing bits and painful nicks on the wrinkly scrotum. Now using male hair removal cream.

Used to shave but got fed up with missing bits and painful nicks on the wrinkly scrotum. Now using male hair removal cream.

I must add, that whenever i use foam, or foaming gel on my face, i get awful razor burn and a not very close shave., that`s why i use non foaming gel. I noticed yesterday that Sainsbury`s has King Of Shave sensitive, on offer £2.50, so it`s worth a try if anyone is interested! Also, with non foaming, ou can see what you`re doing!

I always find that a good soak in a warm bath helps. Same theory as the gentleman’s old fashioned barbers where they wrap your face in a hot towel before shaving.

Like others here, I use the King of Shaves sensitive skin oil first, let that soak into the hair for a while (doesn’t matter if you plunge the area back under the water) and then I apply a sensitive skin shaving gel. Nivea seems to do the trick but to be honest I use whatever is on offer at Ocado.

I did buy the Miracle Oil (when on special offer at LH ![](upload://ez5kOkpKXRZOxjavAURYmQxVTau.gif) ) and use it to soothe the skin after shaving. Be warned that it contains tea tree oil and this can sting a little.

Thanks everyone! Plenty of tips and products so wish me luck!