Shibari- Japanese Bondage

Shibari - Japanese Bondage wow what an art some of them just look plain scary but some are magnificant

i dont have the guts to try some of the hanging by the ceiling ones but the smaller ones such as the dojo i might but wow facinated

what does everyone eles think?
if u dont know what it is have a look at this

http://www.nawashibari.com/preview.shtml

haha i think you'd definately get stuck without an expert!!! and its not very flattering either..give me silk and satin underwear any day :D

i know i have to say - how dangerouse must it be i mean one falsely tied knot or one trip and you could easily hang your self and i looked at ine picture and the womans boobs had turn purple, i couldt believe it and to be honest i wouldnt trust a master lol

no the pictures definately freak me out a bit..fair play to anyone who gets involved in this and i guess the main point of it is the sensation of being bound and kinda trapped..i love handcuffs as much as the next OA member but only if i know i can undo them without too much hassle and panic! i cant imagine just easily slipping out of these intricate creations!

I love shibari!
It's so gorgeous to look at, and fun to participate in.
I'd LOVE it if my boyfriend was a master, I would adore to try out the suspensions and more extreme knottings, at least once. It's almost tempting to go down the route of fetish model, just so I can do a shoot involving it!
With bondage, I like knowing I have no escape unless my partner lets me out -- knowing I can just wriggle free ruins a lot of the fun for me.

Sorry Guys - this just brings back bad memories of Mrs Turner's macrame art class - :-(

i think its amazing to look at but i dont think i would trust any one to put me in that postion lol

happy camper you know love honey inside out lol

Hehe, I had to join up just to comment on this.

It is very much a matter of trust. You are putting yourself totally at the mercy of your partner - but the rewards are worth it.

The safety principles are quite simple, and as for quick release just buy a pair of Paramedic/Emergency Room shears to cut the ropes in a hurry.

lol good idea kivran lol i thiknk that that is a necesstity better than calling out the ambulance crew altough ...... it might actually reep a lot of rewards might phone the fire service lol

the defining book seems to be "Japenes rope bondage" by Midori (mistress) which has Dita von Tease partially suspended on the front
we use this in our general play and it seems to be an excellent foreplay and builder...getting in to-tying someone into the ropes, while thinking about what you will do/have done but having to do the work to get to the gratification scenario

For anyone interested in shibari, the basics really aren't very difficult. You only really need to know a few knots in order to make a simple chest harness, and then if you want to go further it's really easy to add a corset, make some spreaders, a gag, etc.

For the most complex stuff it's a bit different with the suspension/partial suspension, it can be really dangerous if you build something yourself as you need to have it support atleast 10x the persons weight. People can easilly make mistakes so it's probably best you don't venture down that route yourself.

Anything that doesn't require suspension really isn't dangerous as long as you are aware of the person being tied up and you are prepared. It's a really fun to do, it looks awesome (especially in person, I'm not really attracted to photos at all) and as far as I've been told it feel great. As for it looking tight and painful, you're meant to take care to keep it within comfort levels for the individual. The rop never really digs in as you double up the rope to make a nice flat surface.

Of course you could make it uncomfortable if that's what you're into, but me and my fiancee haven't. Just stay prepared and I'm pretty sure anyone would have fun.

So all those Scout badges are finally becoming useful! Sheepshank & a good old Granny knot!

Way more sensual than cable ties & gaffer tape!

This has always been a huge turn on for me.

I love the feel of being restrained/bound/constricted, whether it be ankle/wrist restraints, proper tight-lacing corsetry, etc. Never had the chance to try Shibari though it's been a huge fantasy for years. TBH though these days it wouldn't exactly have the same effect on me. I fall well into the BBW category and would look a mess. Bet it feels amazing though...

We're very into bondage, and my BF loves the rope, so this is definitely our thing. So far we have mostly done simple ties and body harness and so on, but we plan to manage a full suspension at some point. I am disabled and parts of me are extremely sensitive to point pressure, so we're still trying to figure out what kind of ties and positions we can do comfortably.

Just found this thread and it looks really interesting to me, so I'm thinking of ordering some decent rope, my question is, would I be better getting this one, where you get 2 x 6m ropes, and just looking for guides on the web, as its basically JUST the ropes your getting... http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=16085

or this one http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=2851 with which you get a 5m rope, plus an instruction booklet.

Or does anyone know of a good 'how to' guide for beginners in this area that I could get?

I just realised the first product is 6 foot, not meters!

Funny you should say that because I've just added the black one to my basket! Think that's the one to go for, then I can add some bondage tape too! for the same price! ;-)

Sounds like you making some plans SN?

Yep, I'll have to see if they'll let me rejoin the boy scouts so I can learn some knots tho!