Should i be concerned, found a lump.

Tonight was my monthly coil check furkle round for the threads. Such ungainly and awkward positions as i have a backward facing womb, yep just to be even more awkward. Anyway as i was hunting round for the threads i felt a solid lump, now i don't tend to furkle this deeply other than now since having the coil so haven't previously noticed this.

So my question naive as it may well be but is this normal that there's what i can only describe as a solid bulge/lump? To give context my legs were draped over the outside of the bath with my nigh on drinking bath water to feel the threads as my womb faces my spine.

Good note i finally located the pesky threads but now trying to keep myself from freaking out as wondering if this was due to my contorted position or if i should be worried and seeing the docs asap? I don't want to look a fool at my doctors if this isn't unusual...least you can't see me blush with mortification!

Sorry for the tmi but really hope can ease my mind before i freak out with google searching 😞

Hi there, that does sound like a very awkward thing to have to do. My advice would be to defiantly get it checked out. Please try not to panic yourself, and you definitely will not look like a fool to your Dr. It is always best to get anything like this looked at for your own peace of mind *hugs* xx

Scorpius12 wrote:

Hi there, that does sound like a very awkward thing to have to do. My advice would be to defiantly get it checked out. Please try not to panic yourself, and you definitely will not look like a fool to your Dr. It is always best to get anything like this looked at for your own peace of mind *hugs* xx

Thanks Scorpius yep it's a nightmare to do but can't have hormone birth control so copper coil is my only choice.... Joys of being female lol. I will ring my docs in the morning to be on the safe side, and actually hope to be proven a div xx

Was the lump on your cervix? If so then I wouldn't panic just yet, I read TCOYF when I was charting my cycles and they do say that when you do cervix checks it can be normal to feel lumps and bumps on the cervix and most of the time they're harmless, always get them checked out though as you never really know otherwise.

Good luck, hope it's nothing to worry about! Xxx

If youre concerened about anything, just pop along to the doctors, it will put your mind at rest x

I don't think you need to be concerned but it is worth getting it checked out. It's more likely it is something totally benign but it's best to rule out anything serious and then you won't be worrying about it.

MysticalMayhem wrote:

I'd get it checked to be sure, I had lumps on my cervix, had them burned off, all is good. They were just flaps of tissue that would bleed on contact. Polyps I believe they were called? Totally benign and they've not come back. It'll be worth getting it looked at xx

Polyps! That's the word I was looking for.

Hopefully it's just something like that, but never leave these things to chance and make an appointment anyway. :)

Thankyou ladies i will see if can get in with the docs check nothing out the ordinary xx

Did you get it checked?

I have a hard lump on mine that developed a while back, had it checked out at the GUM clinic as my GP's couldn't give me an appointment for over a month (and with a dodgy smear in the past, I was panicked!).

Good luck if you've not been yet/let us know if you have.

A nurse at my annual STD check noticed a lump on my cervix (I was clear of any STDs) and so I went to my GP who referred me to get a biopsy done.

It was really quick and I didn't realise it had been done (I was chatting to the nurse when the Dr told me I could go!)
There was a little bit of bleeding and period like pains after but nothing too bad and definitely worth suffering to make sure I was okay.

Turns out it's just normal skin and I've just grown in a bumpy way.

Hope it turns out all okay, but yes getting it checked out for your own peace of mind.