silicone lube

my oh wondered how long would it take for it to be safe to use silicone toys affter anally using silicone lube? does anyone know?

I'm not sure there is any scientific formula for that. If you are going to use silicone toys after using a silicone-based anal lube, then I would suggest as soon as you've finished using the toy, wash it right away to try and prevent any deterioration.

Alternatively my other advice would be to not use a silicone lube if you are going to be using silicone toys. But there's different types of silicone - some will react with the silicone in the toy, sometimes it won't. Best to stick to water-based if your not sure.

+1. I think David is pretty spot on there!

Have you done a patch test on the base of the toy with the lube you want to use? That way you can find out if it's going to react at all.

This is very tricky question and this is why companies do not recommend using silicone based lube with silicone toys. Apparently a lot depends on the quality of the silicone used for the toy and for the lube. High quality silicone toys and good silicone lubes may not even react with each other. The problem is that apparently there are no strick rules and toys marked as silicone may not be fully silicone, which can increase the chance of actually them reacting with each other and with the lube.

I did some patch testing on some of my toys out of curiosity and I can say I did not have any reaction at all. But it is up to you if you want to test it or not. But I do not like silicone based lubes so I did not go into researching this much further than the patch tests.

Depends on the quality of lube and toys you are using. High quality silicone lubes use different type of silicone from high quality toys. They don't react with each other. I've been using my Tantus, Lelo and Fun Factory toys with Sliquid Silver for a long time without any problems.

Yeah, for example Tantus have said before that their toys are fine with silicone lube - though erring on the side of caution I think I'd be inclined to perform a patch test!

I'd go down that route personally - patch test. Failling that, there are many good water based anal lubes you could try, to eliminate the risk.

i would also do a patch test but i much prefer a good water based lube

The offical note on LH if you look at this link http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/sex/lubricants/silicone-lubes/ and read too the bottom it says 'If you’re looking for a long lasting glide then silicone lube is an excellent choice as a little really does go a long way. As well as being economic, slippery silicone lube maximises sensation for both men and women. It won’t dry out, it’s water resistant (so perfect for shower sex), it won’t get sticky and it’s even used to make latex rubber nice and shiny. Please note that silicone lube isn't compatible with your silicone or real-feel sex toys.'

Surely the OP would be hoping for more discussion on how long it takes to flush out the silicone residue from within, so that it is a less dangerous environment for silicone anal toys. This no matter how accurate the other info given.

Alastor wrote:

Surely the OP would be hoping for more discussion on how long it takes to flush out the silicone residue from within, so that it is a less dangerous environment for silicone anal toys. This no matter how accurate the other info given.

Well unless anyone here has a degree in ass lube excretion, i'm not sure it's something we can really comment on, other than advise that it's potentially better to skip using silicone lube completely when you want to play with silicone anal toys!

But if OP wants a time - ten minutes with a douche and you'll probably be good to go*

*Exclaimer: Do not follow this advice as it's unfounded and potentially incorrect. We can accept no responsibility for any damage caused by heeding this advice.

Alastor wrote:

I am not sure anyone would know this answer. Tbh I would not even dare to estimate. And I do not think anyone ever did a study. Plus all you need is a tiny bit of the lube, if they are going to react to each other.

Alastor wrote:

Ok then, that depends. Take a huge dump or use a douche and it'll be sooner though.

Better? ;)

I'd say use a douche after the lube, should clear it