Silicone lube

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to ask if anyone has played with themselves in the bath with silicone lube?

If so, does it work?
Also, is the bath/shower a major hazard after doing this or is it easy to wash away meaning it does not stay slippery?

Thanks

2 Likes

Silicone lube washes away with soap and water but not so easily with just water.

Personally I wouldn’t ever again let silicone lube near a bath! It makes it incredibly slippery, I almost fell over getting out and it took a fair bit of washing off too…not something I want to start doing after what should be a relaxing time! :joy: Or maybe I just used too much? :thinking:

I’ve been a bit wary of it since I read a post about the steam carrying the silicone lube with it and condensing on all the tiles, etc to create a super slippy death trap. I cannot vouch for the accuracy of that though. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

The phrase ’ slippery death trap’ would have put me off bigtime had I known about it. Me trying to get out of the bath after was like that scene from Bambi where he’s skittering about on the ice, except not so cute! :rofl:

3 Likes

I’ve had a forum search, and all I can find is me talking about it. :slightly_smiling_face: There’s a chance I dreamt it.

The other shower sex guides I could find say to use silicone lube rather than water-based, but be very careful of spillages.

1 Like

Can one use a silicone lube during oral sex? If have some but haven’t used it yet because I don’t want either of us to be poisoned! LOL

1 Like

I don’t think it’s advisable to consume large amounts of silicone lube but small amounts during oral probably won’t do you any harm ( read this advice somewhere, can’t remember where though) I would say it doesn’t taste pleasant and it leaves your mouth all tacky …I’ve tried it :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I found it! :slightly_smiling_face: It was @Quiet_ones_are_worse

(though there’s a chance I may have garbled it on the retelling…)

1 Like

I use silicone lube in the shower sometimes for a quick morning play. I apply before getting into the shower as not to risk dripping it on the shower surface (we do have a tiled shower so its not slippery anyway).

The lube does keep my penis somewhat slippery even with water splashing over it, but I wouldn’t say its still “well lubed”. Soap/body wash and it is all gone.

This is why ive always been a bit hesitant about using the stuff in the shower :joy:

1 Like

Silicone sticks to toys, and the body really well, and provide slippines for ages compared to water-based lubes. It clings so well that clean-up is my biggest issue.

Silicone resists detergents to the extent that a kitchen fitter friend recommends painting plain old washing up liquid on areas you don’t want silicone mastics to stick. Detergents like washing up liquid are great at dissolving and dispersing water and oil based stains but don’t seem all that effective on silicone lube slicks. Silicone lube and washing up liquid emulsify, rather than dissolve into each other.
I’m not a chemistry expert, mind, just going from experience trying to clean the stuff up.

It feels to me like washing silicone lube with normal soap or detergents leaves a really thin layer still on the surface.

After a recent lube spill in the shower I tried some 70% alcohol hand sanitizer, which cleaned the slippy surface back to a grippy one again. Our shower tray’s ceramic, and it didn’t get on the grout, thankfully. The alcohol worked brilliantly, but some acrylics and plastics can be damaged by alcohol :scream: So beware!

I’ve heard Pjur Med toy cleaner is great for cleaning up silicone lube. Maybe Lovehoney’s own Fresh toy cleaner is too? Has anyone tried these on silicone lube?

Just ordering some… :thinking:

1 Like

I bought a litre of fisting lube(not from LH) in the bottom of the box was a free sample of silicone lube in a sachet thought I’d give it a go with my very large butt plug, have to say it was so good im going to buy some given the tiny amount it was very effective it was also clove infused it’s not sold here unfortunately,

Tried silicone lube for the first time few nights ago, they weren’t kidding when they say a little bit goes a long way. OH and me were still well lubed the following morning, so only felt right to put it to good use :grin: