silicone spray??

I am a joiner and we do alot of hospital and housing association work. We use a silicone spray on doors and rubber seals as a lubricant. bein a bit of a cheapskate here but could i use this as a shiner for a new latex outfit ive bought for my girlfriend??

As far as I know you cannot use a silicone spray which is used as a lubricant on latex because of the oils the lubricant may contain.

I'm sure if you Google the question you'll get an answer.

So you'll have to un cheapskate yourself and buy her the real deal, lol.

Have fun.

I would definitely recommend checking the ingredients of the spray before you use it on latex. If it contains any oil at all, it will disintegrate the latex.

If it's pure silicone, it'll be fine :) 

If you ruin the outfit, it'll cost FAR more in the long run, same goes for bumper shine, stick to the right product.

So if i used baby oil it degrades the latex? Might explain an old outfit becoming very flimsy :-/ this corselette was rather expensive so may get proper stuff. Is a water based lubricant ok??

I think you can get silicone sprays made for latex, however an industerial one I would avoid due to the possibility of having other chemicals and oils in like others have mentioned.

Baby-oil will degrade latex and other rubbers. There's even research it can degrade skin to an extend, as well as vegtable products. Although it's nothing to worry about when using every so often when massaging, only if you'd soak in the stuff constantly ;-)

Water-base lube won't help your latex, again it's more likely to help it degrade.

Don't forget dusting latex with cornflour between uses can help it stay in better continion longer when stored.

Thanks for all ur advice. I have just bought a pjur product. Silicone based lubricant which is latex safe. Used the customer care chat line and got the go ahead from a member of staff. Actually spent double wat the latex shiner bottle is so im no cheapskate after all! :-P lol.

You can also use a product called Vivishine to wash latex garments in. Very expensive but it lasts for ages and gives a great result.