Silicone Vs Water-Based Lube

Just got with a new sexual partner and there is one major issue.. he's got a wide girth and I'm very tight/small. Sex is possible but we have a sticking situation. Penetration.. it's so difficult even with foreplay and seems like doggy is the only position where it is possible.

Now, we're using lubes but this is the issue, we tried his usual silicone - and he couldn't get in, then we used my water-based (Durex) one - went in like a dream (in doggy anyway) but ran out every couple of seconds..

So, does anyone know of a lube that is long lasting but has the slipperiness of a water-based lube?

We're more than aware there are other factors into the sticking point but having a lube that would fit this criteria would really help out. Any suggestions?

hi , sliquid is really good. try that. maybe also try using toys before pentration with oh and maybe work up to toys with a wider girth on them effectively stretching yourself a bit. afterall most women get babies out and no matter how big he is, he is not bigger than a baby so you should after a bit of playing get some satisfactory sex.

Thank you :)

I agree sliquid is really good, I also like liquid silk :-)

as for silicone lubes the givelube silicone or the Wet Platinum silicone are both really good and long lasting.

The only thing to remember with silicone lubes is that you cannot use silicone toys with them as silicone reacts with silicone and it can degrade the toy or melt it completely.

sliquid is good but i also like Tracy Cox anal lube, in a pump bottle so easy to use

as has been mentioned, vaginas can stretch to allow babies through so there is no such thing as a penis that is too thick. I would work on the foreplay and gentle stretching

Another vote for Sliquid. I personally like the Sassy as it is thicker. I have also heard complaints about Sliquids water based lubes drying quite fast and I think it is just something that comes with water based lubes. As soon as that water has evaporated (or started evaporating) it will start to become less slick. I sometimes keep a glass of water next to my bed when I know I am going to be having a long session as water based lubes can be reactivated with a few drops of water and this saves you reapplying and using up your lube so fast. Of course you need to have the forethought to go get the water, which often I dont lol. Aside from this drying up niggle, I prefer water based lubes because I use a lot of toys and as mentioned, silicone lubes can react with silicone toys. I personally think Sliquid is the best of the lubricants I have tried, not just for its slippery properties but everything about it is natural and body safe so it shouldnt cause irritation or infection. I have only tried about 5 brands so I cannot give a full opinion but so far...Sliquid wins out.

One of the thicker sliquids like Sassy could be very good.

Sliquid also do a hybrid lube called Silk which is a mix of water and silicone bases.

Well, this is exactly the problem we had with pegging and solved it by using a combination of Liquid Silk and Pjur Original (or Pjur 'Woman') silicone. Like lots of water based lubes which exhibit non-Newtonian characteristics, Liquid Silk is very slick and makes inserting large things in small spaces really easy. Unfortunately, they only add about 2% silicone to it which really isn't enough when the water evaporates.

By using a mix of Liquid Silk and a silicone we get the slick entry and things stay slippery for ages there after - perfect. My guess is we use about 0.5 to 1ml of silicone to every 5ml of Liquid Silk taking the silicone content to 10 or 20%.

Someone should market a mix like this but perhaps it won't stay mixed with that much silicone in it.