Silk tie/restraints advice

Hi all Previously on the forums but then fell by the wayside due to chaos of life! My wife and I have bought the 4 pack of silk restraints and were just after some advice! Obviously they have the loops we’re assuming for holding limbs but wondering if there’s any special way to tie the other end to a bed post for example! Thanks in advance!

Sorry if I've misread your post, but I think the loops on the end are to slip the loose end through to create a slipknot style restraint rather than to just slip an ankle/wrist through. 👍

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=33637

Hi Sorry yes that’s what I meant regarding the looped end. You’d have to have super skinny hands and feet otherwise! My fault for not explaining clearer! Any ideas regarding a knot at the other end? Or is something simple fine?

I bought a pack of the silk ties a while back and I thought they were really good for wrists and ankles, but I found the knots got a bit tight when I tied them to the bed. I have a solid wooden headboard style bed so I had to tie them to the frame, which I don't think helped.

We ended up getting the under-mattress restraints in the end, which are brilliant but not much of an answer to your question. 🙂

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=19809

That’s really helpful thank you! Have had a google of the name of the knot and found some step by step guides to supplement your description. Fingers crossed it does the trick! We’ve looked at the under mattress ones but our mattress is blooming heavy and we wouldn’t want to risk visitors finding them still tucked under the bed! 😂

I'm robbing the knot tip and adding it to my advice bank. 👍🙂

We only play with ours once every couple of months or so, but I'm sure it'd be even less if I had to set them up every time. 🙂 The Bondage Boutique ones we got have detachable cuffs which makes the straps the only thing left to slip under the mattress. We have a slat bed base so they do dangle down a little but you'd only see them if you went under the bed, and if any visitors were under there they'd find a lot more than some bed restraints. 🙂

We love our underbed restraints too. Use them more frequently than Ian Chimp but they’re so easy to set up! I put them under the mattress myself (we have a nectar sleep mattress and it’s super heavy and thick) the mattress weight is great for keeping it all in place. No one has found them yet and had them almost a year. So all good :)

Alicia4Ever touched on a really useful hitch knot 👍❤️

Another really great tie is a knot called the 'sliding sheet bend'. This is an adjustable knot, for lengthening or shortening the restraint, and is a good safety knot that's quickly released by pulling the free end, like the highwayman's hitch. There are good step-by-step step guides on the web.

I've also experimented with silk restraints tied in a different way, using ropes to provide fixed points to tie the silk restraints on to. The silk ties in this setup are tied to prevent the restraint constricting on the wrists or ankles of your helpless partner, for longer play. The silk provides a sensual material and comfort to the restraints, and the rope, or whatever, provides the positioning.

The loop on the end of the silk tie is first attached to the fixed point, in my case this was a simple loop of rope tied through the silk loop, and round the bedframe.

The free end of the silk tie is looped around the wrist and a sliding sheet bend used to secure the tie onto itself behind the hand. Adjusting the knot is done so the loop is tight, but allows bloodflow (you can check by seeing if two fingers can be slid into the loop beside the wrist or ankle.

Hope this makes sense!