Sizing

I need advise: I am having sizing issues really bad, i normal clothing size i am anywere sized from 14-18 so i can get away with size L but when it has come to buying off here i have had to go 2 sizes up so anywere between 1xl/2xl to 3xl/4xl, is anyone else with me on this or is it just that sizes are getting smaller??? ![](upload://rWunPW3zYHdA0ypr4dRQnAP8JTy.gif)

It depends on the brand. Some of them stocked here are from other countries and their sizes can differ from UK ones! From the reviews it seems that the own-brand stuff is quite accurate for the most part :)

As with regular clothing lingerie sizes differ between brands, but I haven't noticed sizes getting smaller within what brands I own. It's much better to go by your waist/hip/bust measurements than by what size clothing you wear, I'm wearing a size 8 top right now but by no means am I a size 8 and I definitely can't fit into size 8 lingerie! Your body shape matters more than your clothing size too, so get that measuring tape out-most things on here give a breakdown of measurements so you can find that perfect fit :)

I've had the same problem from time to time. Don't worry about it!

Like Caliente says - don't worry about out - I am a 16/18 and very often have to buy XL/2XL/3XL - it can knock the confidence admittedly but that's just how it is.

I find the best way to gauge individual items is to ready as many reviews as possible to see what others have said. I always put my dress size/bra size/body shape where I feel its appropriate when writing reviews precisely for this reason. I also tend to post photos when I enter my review so prospective purchases can see what it looks like on.

What annoys me more is when items stop at a 14!!!

Hope that helps at least a little xxx

Thanks all, i do have body issues so i find it hard with sizing esp when i am wanting to feel sexy for my husband, he says i look great in what ever but sometimes i don't always feel it!

Rab1914 wrote:

Thanks all, i do have body issues so i find it hard with sizing esp when i am wanting to feel sexy for my husband, he says i look great in what ever but sometimes i don't always feel it!

Take it from one who knows, the size is just a number, if you feel good and hubby appreciates it, that number really doesn't matter. Having said that I do sometimes slip back to my original mindset and that makes it hard to ignore.

I really recommend reading the reviews, and of course remember LH has a fantastic returns policy if something does not fit xxx

Completely agree with LNT. I'm a 14-16 in real life but usually order 1xl/2xl on here.

It bothered me at first (i felt like a whale) but when I got the Seduce Me chemise the size it was completely forgotten. It didn't feel large, I felt good in it and my OH loved it.

I'm a 16/18 but mostly have to go for bigger sizes on here although it very often depends on the brand.

I'm not bothered about it , after all who's going to be looking at the label ? But I don't just find this with lingerie, it's also in everyday clothes shopping...in one place I can fit into a 14 but in another I might have to buy a 20 .

And I agree that reading the reviews really help , that's why I alway state my own size and which size of garment I'm reviewing as it gives others a clearer idea of the sizing.

I have found Lovehoney is pretty accurate in sizing but that is because everything I have tried is stretchy and multi-sized. I struggle with anything with cups in though as even though I'm a standard size 8 in regular clothes I'm actually a size 28 h or a 30 g (sounds big but they aren't but bigger than standard sizes grr. Just go with what you feel good in regardless of the size on the label. It's bodyshape not size you need to focus on 😊

I think it depends on what your buying.

I'm also a 14/16. i find lovehoneys own brand much more accurate in sizing than others. if it's latex ect I'd buy a size bigger. open gowns and Bodystocking I buy my actual size as find them very stretchy.