Skinny Dipping?

Hello all, I am rather excited at the thought of skinny dipping, The UK has some beautiful lakes and rivers and what better way to enjoy them.

Does anyone on here skinny dip regularly or have done in the past, also would love to know if anyone has ever stumble across you and what their traction was.

Thank you :-)

Just Some Fun

Love it, Love the feeling.

Never been caught, tend to choose remote locations.

Lovinthetoys wrote:

Love it, Love the feeling.

Never been caught, tend to choose remote locations.

Oh of course! I have a few locations in mind in the Lake District / Wales that I think would be suitable, guess it would be a matter of turning up and judging the situation from there. I love hiking too so perhaps a lake off a less known trial would be a good starting point.

I have skinny dipped a few times when I was younger but not in years. I once did it in Wales mid winter in the sea... a brisk experience to say the least.

Bit of a bore here, never ever tried it!

I love it. Wild swimming and particularly naked wild swimming is fantastic, just make sure your safe. Never alone, and be aware of the tides if swimming in the sea.

The wild swim map has quite a few locations on it, although always reasearch/check it out in advance, as some places mad change depending on the season.

Three or four decades ago I went skinny dipping several times , never been caught . However while fishing I have run across others skinny dipping . Oh yeah , a couple years ago below a small water falls in our high mountains . I had been riding my adventure motorcycle by myself on a particulary hot day and decided I needed to cool off . It was a beautiful little spot and I swam for some time and walked around the trees for some time . Felt refreshed and a sudden urge to go home and molest my wife .

Boomplus wrote:

Bit of a bore here, never ever tried it!

Doesn't make you a bore! I imagine it's a very environmental and situational thing, can't really do it on an over crowded beach 🤣

Fun Louise wrote:

I love it. Wild swimming and particularly naked wild swimming is fantastic, just make sure your safe. Never alone, and be aware of the tides if swimming in the sea.

The wild swim map has quite a few locations on it, although always reasearch/check it out in advance, as some places mad change depending on the season.

I will definitely check this out! Thank you

Alicia4Ever wrote:

Not to put a dampener on this, but do be aware that there is a small risk that you can catch weil's disease from swimming in rivers, and lakes. It's a bactretia infection from animal urine, such as water rats, and cattle.

there is a web sire for outdoor swimmers https://outdoorswimmer.com/guides/wont-i-get-weils-disease-from-open-water-swimming

There is but it is very small and you can also catch it by handling beer bottles that have been stored outside, fishing, even emptying the bins, in fact any activity where you could come into contact with rats urine, so I’m not too worried. Like everything it’s a calculated risk.

I think it’s well worth the fun.

We both love skinny dipping, Hedonism resort in jamaica later this year, two weeks of skinny dipping cant wait.

Was actually how me and my OH met, she swam in the area regularly and I was on a short break and had heard about the place. Both turned up and was quite suprised to see someone else !!

Great to hear people have good positive experiences, wait for the big orange glow in the sky to warm up a little and find myself some where private enough!

Wake is fantastic for it ..... However not as much of the big orange warm thing in the sky !

I / We love skinny dipping. Its a regular thing in the warm months. We sail - so that makes things easy, hop off the bak of the boat in a quiet anchorage, also we live near the lakes so tarn dipping is a fave!

My wife and I love to skinny dip. Even on a crowded beach if you are swimming you can discreetly slip off your cozy and enjoy the sensation without anyone seeing. It is an amazing experience

I was looking forward to a naked wild swim this morning, but we went last night just to check that everything was safe and accessible as usual, . . . And it’s not! ☹️

The weir where it’s easiest to get out, has been fenced with high metal permanent fencing, part of the weir removed and a bypass put in on one side. There is a small beach that we have used to get out sometimes, just down stream of the weir, but this is right where the bypass comes out and I’m unsure of the currents there now. I’m gutted it was a great clean place to swim, and the fish don’t mind me being naked. Sadly no swimming here anymore.

Fun Louise wrote:

I was looking forward to a naked wild swim this morning, but we went last night just to check that everything was safe and accessible as usual, . . . And it’s not! ☹️

The weir where it’s easiest to get out, has been fenced with high metal permanent fencing, part of the weir removed and a bypass put in on one side. There is a small beach that we have used to get out sometimes, just down stream of the weir, but this is right where the bypass comes out and I’m unsure of the currents there now. I’m gutted it was a great clean place to swim, and the fish don’t mind me being naked. Sadly no swimming here anymore.

Time to scope out a new location! Shame that your go to spot has been cornered off.

OMG I would love to go skinny dipping!!!

Skinny dipping in a freshwater lake is amazing. We did this in Austria. Compared to salt water it’s so much more refreshing. We have been caught quite often. Mostly we brazen it and walk out of the water and dry ourselves off and definitely showing no shame. 😀. After all it’s not like you know the people watching and I am certain a skinny dip encounter with us brightens there day. We have had quite a few smiles as we leave the water so don’t be sky just do it on impulse which is the best way to skinny dip. 😂