Skirts, trousers and femininity?

I've never really thought about this before, but it does affect how I think.

- If my OH is in baggy, sporty trousers then it's nice in a fun, but non-sexual way.

- Smart trousers make her look more business-like and are for work only.

- Skin tight trousers are sexy, but she's 6 foot tall and has long toned legs.

- Skin tight trousers don't cover up anything though, so avoid if you're not confident.

-Dresses and skirts can be smart and/or sexy. They can also cover up any perceived or real imperfections. Knowing she's wearing crotchless knickers or going commando only turns me on if she's wearing a dress or skirt.

To sum it up, I think that skirts and dresses can fit real women better than trousers and are sexier than trousers. Having said that, confidence plays a big part and if you look drop-dead gorgeous, but are self-conscious, then it won't work.

Cat Lady wrote:

Thanks :) Yeah I am getting better at wearing more fitted things. Now the main problem is finding things that fit my body shape. I've said before that they don't make clothes to fit the shape of real women and I stand by that!

That's not true. You can find clothing for ALL body types and shapes nowadays. Maybe you're just too fussy? You just need to find what looks good on you and what you'll feel comfortable in. My advice is - don't stress too much and wear whatever the hell you want. Don't wear clothes to attract men, don't wear clothes to be sexy - wear whatever you think looks and feels good, in whatever colour you like! Fashion is so varied at the moment, you could wear a bin liner and not look out of place. (Not saying you should btw, just giving an example haha)

I saw a girl in uni yesterday, wearing shorts, a big hoodie and trainers and she looked amazing. I was walking behind her and all I kept thinking was 'wow she's hot!' me - a girl, thinking that about another girl. You know why she looked so good? Because she felt comfortable in her clothes, you could tell this was someone who enjoys sport and the casual lifestyle. Yet girls in mini skirts and crop tops didn't look half as good as she did.

Don't know Cat, depends on how you define 'real women'? Look at some celebrities, Nicky Minaj has a bum and thighs the size of a truck, Beyonce, J-Lo the list is endless.

And although I don't shop for womens clothes - pretty sure you can find shops on the high street that cater for all sizes xx

[PinkPolkaDot is right]

I think you should shop for the right skirt! One that makes you feel amazing.. I'm sure it's out there, you just have to find it by trying lots of different styles until you find one to suit you :)

I wear skirts and dresses a lot because I like pretty things. I know I probably look better in trousers though as I have large legs and I'm short. Skirts tend to shorten me even more.

Personally I think women can look just as amazing in trousers if they dress them up just right. If trousers is what you love maybe you could find a new top that makes you feel beautiful? xx