Slow deliveries (general)

Just wondering if people are experiencing slow deliveries generally. I’ve just had to tell DPD to dump a load of frozen dog food they’ve had in transit for three days and another supplier says they’re having (unspecified) delivery issues. Maybe everyone’s given up on Royal Mail and the other carriers are overwhelmed with Christmas post? :pouting_cat:

2 Likes

Evri (Hermes) have been their usual selves and lost one parcel I was expecting and another one is delayed due to ‘external factors’.

1 Like

Locally, I have only had problems with Royal Mail. Waiting on a couple of those though including a LH one that should have arrived before now.

1 Like

I ordered some automotive oil Mid-november still not here,Evri still need it going to have to ask the seller to re send it ideally next day just to actually get it?

1 Like

Royal Mail have been on strike again so are a day or two behind.
Think with Evri it mostly depends on you local driver.

2 Likes

Yeah, ordered stuff from a protien company, said i was in no rush, so paid for the slow delivery. Had two or three emails saying they are sorry its delayed or slow etc, luckily i wasnt in a rush.

I have however just had an argument with amazon because the drivers are just dumping the items anywhere and not saying where or putting pictures up anymore

2 Likes

Evri driver said he had tried to deliver a M&S order but we were out.(we were in, waiting for them to come) they were caught out when the email also said he had left a “you were out postcard” which of course we didn’t have. After a long phone call to M&S telling them how unimpressed we were with their choice of delivery company our order was delivered first thing the next day along with a massive grovelling apology from the driver. We also got a voucher from M&S for us to use on our next order.

4 Likes

I reckon this could be what’s happening as I’ve got stuff still waiting to arrive and be delivered. Annoyingly I’d recommend try avoiding postal services until the strikes are over and pray you can find stuff in local shops for now :face_with_spiral_eyes:

1 Like

A local evri depot has gone into melt down, they have totes full of parcels outside, addresses washed off,

1 Like

Royal mail are shocking at the moment for standard mail and parcel delivery. As a Fleabay buyer and seller i send all goods tracked and signed for and request other sellers to do the same when i buy off them,i don’t mind paying the extra if it means I’ll get the goods!!!

1 Like

All of my parcels are left at my front door. Regardless of them being tracked or signed for. Its just as well I work from home and I can open the door when they knock. By the time I open it, they’ve already walked away. Thats why I really begrudge paying extra for tracking or signed for.

Thanks for the info; it sounds like there could be widespread problems then. I hadn’t realised Hermes had rebranded themselves Evri either. :unamused:

I’ve had 2 parcels delivered by dpd to the wrong address, not the 1st time either. A few streets away there’s a street that starts the same as mine named after the local park. Only happens with big ticket items though

1 Like

I have only had to wait for Royal mail (48 hour’s) But that is due to the strike they have recently had. Dpd and Hermies normal delivery

1 Like

Orders that are coming via couriers seem to be arriving OK and on time for me; it’s just my Royal Mail parcels that are taking longer. I’ve had a tracked 48 parcel enroute for 7 days so far. I’m glad I ordered most of my xmas gifts at the beginning of November.

We just got a DHL delivery of dog food that was supposed to be coming last Thursday; it wasn’t even a regular DHL van. Luckily it wasn’t perishable - we’ve cancelled that frozen stuff now DPD have thrown away two lots they couldn’t deliver within the 24 hours. :calendar: