Smaller and heavier Ben wa balls...

I decided to get a set of these:

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=9204

For a fiver it seemed worth a punt. I haven't tried using both at the same time yet, which I'm sure would make a difference, but when using one on its own I found that my worry was not so much keeping it in, as will I be able to get it out?

At the risk of TMI: I found I could squeeze it out without any trouble (once I'd stopped panicking :-o LOL - I repeated it a few times to reassure myself it wasn't just a fluke and I was doing something right ;-)), but it does make me wonder what it's doing/if it's doing much at all.

I have been erratically doing Kegel exercises ever since I first learned how (and not having had kids must help!) but with the smaller and heavier balls I didn't anticipate feeling I would have more concern about will I get them out instead of working hard to keep them in. And it does make me slightly nervous to try two at once... Does the further in one drop back down into squeezing it out range once you've retrieved the first?!? I don't have a clear picture in my mind of exactly how they rest in the muscle, and whether there's any reason to be concerned that two my be trickier...

I'm also wondering if anyone knows how much these weigh:

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=27191

They are a little bigger than the metal ones, and I'm guessing probably not as heavy, so I doubt they would help me much but I want to check before dismissing the possibility. It looks a lot like the metal ones are the smallest and among the heaviest on offer, so if I decide they're not for me I will have to venture further afield, or possibly just accept that my Kegel exercises are doing the job and anything else is unnecessary!

Anyone else either through luck or exercise had a similar problem? And also, any tips, advice, etc regarding how different/how much trickier it is to fish out a second ball if you've had two in at once...?

I hope I'm making some kind of sense...

Hello :) to the ones you ask how much do they weigh its says 30g each. Also I've found the heaviest balls are these http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=26073 though I maybe wrong but I've looked at them all :D

I swear I read that description so many times and never found the weight *headdesk* thanks!

I confess I didn't even look at the weight on the 50 shades ones, I'm dubious about that string both from a comfort and a hygiene point of view. I may have to look elsewhere.

No prob sometimes it's easy to over look stuff :) happy to help.

I have both sets. The Black Rose ones are slightly larger but they are also heavier (Just checked) They seem to be weighted somehow (They do not feel as light as you would imagine silicone alone to feel)

If you give me 10 mins, I will get a picture of the two sets and link it to you here. I will also try and work out exact weights. Brb x

Ok weight: The Black Rose seem to weigh a tiny bit more than the metal balls, but there is barely anything in it, and my scales are rubbish so can't be 100% sure.

As for size comparison, I only have my rubbish phone with me today but I got this picture for you, but you can see the Black Rose are a shade bigger. Also being made from silicone, they stay inside easier due to the drag that the smooth metal does not have. Thats either a good thing or a bad thing depending on your wants and needs:

http://pinterest.com/pin/401453754254074365/

As for removal in a hurry, I am afraid the only way I know is inserting two fingers and fishing around while squeezing down at the same time. Awkward but if you can grab it, its sorted.

Sorry to hijack the thread, but where do you lay the string? I ordered a pair of kegel balls, wore them for a couple of hours yesterday, but today I'm quite red and sore. Feels very much like thrush, but without the discharge. I think the loop has irritated my skin. Not sure what to do about that.... Any ideas?

Bex, this is one unfortunate side effect with strings, especially made from cotton or thread like material and especially if you have a sensitive vulva (I do, I know what you mean with irritation)

My suggestion would be to get yourself a set without strings (Like the two sets I linked above in the picture) It will stop that irritation. Of course, Kegel balls with no string attached are usually much smaller than the ones with a retrieval cord. My guess is because it would be really hard to remove the bigger ones without a cord. So the little cordless ones do make their own way back out of your body quite naturally most of the time. They do sometimes require some fishing around and dextrous fingers though, that can be a tad annoying.

Otherwise, if you prefer the string ones I would suggest maybe finding a set where the sting is also made from silicone. It will be more slippery (esp if you have lubed up) and glide better against your skin, compared to cotton which will chafe more. I would suggest moving the cord backwards but that isnt ideal as it risks transferring bacteria from your back passage and causing a UTI. As a sufferer of recurring UTI infections I get easily squicked out by anything that could transfer bacteria, which is why I avoid balls with cord strings to be honest.

For now, just do not wear the balls until you have healed down there, keep the area clean and wear cotton pants and it should heal in a day or so. I guess wearing them for shorter periods of time, or during less activity, will cause less chafing too. So running and walking with your particular set might be out of the equation. If you must, then use plenty of lube before hand and it should help reduce it a bit/lot. Good luck.

Thanks, Fluffbags. You've been really helpful :)

if you want something else to work your PCs @Lindtcilli then there is the magic banana. i think you might like that one.

I read your review of the banana! It's a bit too expensive for me right now. I think I may just have to be brave and try the two metal ones together, and trust that it won't be too much harder to get 'em out. I think it must be a good sign that I managed to get one out ok mostly by using my muscles, right?! So the two of them together might be enough to make it be an exercise keeping them in rather than getting them out...

Thanks all for the help and feedback, especially Fluffbag - really appreciate it!

I too am squicked out by the idea of any kind of absorbent string, it was one of the things that made me say no way to the 50shades ones.

i like the sound of the 50 shades set. I want to get some heavy ones.

The problem is, the string puts me off, and the price is silly for what you get!

you could always try cuting the string off and just reacing inside you for the first one to pull them out.

I am going to advise against cutting off the strings on any set of kegel balls. As mentioned in my post above, the kegel balls that have been designed with no string attached tend to be much smaller than the ones designed with strings. They are small enough to naturally work their way out of the body. The bigger balls, not so much. If you own a set of larger balls you may know what I am talking about when I mention how hard you sometimes have to pull on the string to get the ball to "pop" back outside your body. Imagine trying to get those out with no string to pull on!

The bigger balls (with strings attached) seem to be large enough to sit up behind your pubic bone (Internally) and I would imagine it will be extremely difficult, if not impossible, to try and pincer that ball with two fingers and find enough "pull" to get it to pop past that bone/muscle area.

The stringless balls are usually about the size of a largish marble. These will not get wedged inside you, or stuck behind your pubic bone and I will say that if you need to remove them in a hurry they can be a pain in the arse, because they can sometimes be deep inside and it takes a lot of squeezing and nimble finger work to get them. but the point is, they WILL eventually make their way out of you. The bigger balls will be much much more difficult to remove without something to pull on.

I would really advise NOT removing strings from your kegel balls. xx

Jesus dont cute your strings image having to go to A&E I would rather die the string is on there for a reason

Yeah, I'd be dubious about cutting the string off ones that were supposed to have string. Not worth the risk!

I've seen pictures of some really beautiful glass ones, but the only ones on LH are the clear icicles ones.

I guess wih glass they could vary the weight by what they put into it?? More flexibility with the same size? Hmmm. Not sure.