So annoyed with other half

@Loopylane it sounds although he is good in the week he feels like it’s ok and get steaming drunk at the weekends ( guessing not factual ) it’s not on especially if you work early doors and at weekends ! Trust me I like a drink as much as the next drunk but I wouldn’t think to get myself in such a state! A bit of a reminder wouldn’t appear to amiss, as you stated he is big enough and he chose to drink there are limits to everything and maybe you need to re set them for him and tell to get his big boy pants and and grown up a little ! Good luck hun it seems you got a lot on your plate with him :kissing_heart:

1 Like

Don’t think he will ever grow up now, too long in the tooth, he has whiplash from the fall too. I have no sympathy for him. He’s an idiot.

Don’t I just, I’ve told him a number of times to grow up, at weekends when he’s home he’ll have a couple of beers and just chill out in front of the box, but it’s when he goes out which isn’t very often nowadays, but when he does he goes stupid, luckily my team leader was good and let me have the day as Domestic. I’m not his mother he should now better, but I am fuming or was​:rage:

My ex used to be like that, only he’d drink a bit more often, not an alcoholic but would get pissed the night before a day off. I never knew which personality I was coming home to.
I made him an ex.
Have you told him how his actions are affecting you?

2 Likes

:rofl::rofl:
Personally, i think you need to give him a break.
He hardly goes out by himself, so let him be.
Is he hung over and suffering? Well there you go.

2 Likes

I’m sure you’ll make him suffer…

1 Like

From what I can gather, it’s pretty much a rare event?
If was happening weekly/daily I’d say serious words needed around it, however in this case it is what it is really.
I’d imagine as it was his birthday it was the usual jazz of people buying him drinks and shots, and feeling he has to get through them…
It could well be they just ‘hit home’ with the fresh air, and difficult to judge with shots how many drink and how drunk getting.

Yep, appreciate it’s a tough one on your part in terms of shifts and taking day off, but in all fairness, it could be loads worse than that!

Might be worth looking at what drinks get him like that (shorts/shots/cider whatever) and at least that might help him avoid getting in that state - if been ages since been out I’d expect he’s just made the most of it

1 Like

Totally hear and understand your frustration, hope he makes it up to you as he should.
I’m a bit of a control freak so rarely have gotten out of my tree to that degree, but yes, it has happened!
Rhetorical question - would you have gotten drunk with him had you gone out too and do you go out with your mates once in a while and occasionally come home a little tipsy? Honest question, not judging, just wondering.
Enjoy the payback - you’ve got a few miles in this one methinks :wink:

1 Like

Sorry to hear that @Loopylane :slightly_frowning_face:

Hahaha make sure there’s nothing under there for him to play with :sweat_smile:

Hmmm. I’m not the only member of the forum who is in 12 step recovery as an alcoholic and addict.
I have more than then years sobriety and to be honest, he could have a problem.
Issues with alcohol come in various forms. It’s not all about daily drinking but it is about not being able to guarantee your behavior, impact on your family and about alcohol costing more than money.
If he has blackouts when he drinks, ie not remembering what happened and losing control when drunk, then it could become a problem.
Sounds like you are fairly fed up.
Don’t want to be a voice of doom.
However, getting sober is the best thing that happened in my life, so even if it comes to that, it’s not a horror story. It can be the greatest step forward.
I guess you guys just need to keep an eye on it.
Good luck! :+1:

2 Likes

I sympathise with you when someone is drunk and one completely sober it’s no fun esp if you had to be up early. Can I ask is it certain drinks that make him behave like this as if he realised this it could make a difference.

For me I know if I drink Stella or Kroneberg larger I get confrontational quite angry anything else’s I am fine.

If he knew his triggers it could help him be better or do you think this is just quantity lads drinking games etc.

Give him a break, I’d like to break his neck at times, :rofl: it’s like this every time he goes out on his own, I don’t think I’m being unreasonable, when he comes in plastered at 2am when he knows I have to get up for work at 3.30am

He only drinks lager, He’s not a young bloke he should know better, I can tell you some stories of the situations he’s got himself into over the years from drinking.:rofl:

To be honest if I did go out with him I wouldn’t have got drunk, and when I do go out for a girls night out I do get drunk , but not to the extent of I hurt myself or forgot what I’ve done. I know when I’ve had enough , he doesn’t.:slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Mr FYEO was put in the naughty corner at the weekend following similar antics. We went to Bristol, had a wonderful day, had a fancy hotel booked, then both of us met up with his friend in the evening for drinks. Mr FYEO certainly had a few more than I did but was ok. Got back to the hotel room, ordered food, then he stripped naked and was out like a light on the bed. I enjoyed £50 worth of food and listened to him drunkenly snoring. We were meant to stay in Bristol the following day however Mr FYEO was horrendously hungover so we made the drive home at 10am :joy:

I was frustrated at the time because I was enjoying our trip and would’ve loved to have stayed, however I can count the number of times this/something similar has happened on one hand, we both still had a really good time, and memories were made… even if those memories are of me chowing down 2 servings worth of food while looking over to Mr FYEO’s bare ass on the bed :joy:

3 Likes

You really are very forgiving @For_Your_Eyes_Only_x , i’m glad you had a good time and hopefully the food was good. Partner did go too far. I’m surprised you got out of the hotel. You are a very sexy lady and i bet you had some very nice lingerie on for the evening.

1 Like