So annoyed with other half

I’m am so annoyed with my husband at the moment, he went out for a drink with friends, I didn’t go as I had to be up at 3.30am for work, he wakes me up coming in absolutely legless, falls over on the living room and bangs/scraps his head on the floor, cuts his head. It’s now 4am had no sleep and supposed to do a 12 hour shift, luckily my work has given me domestic day leave. Is it just my husband or does anybody else partner acts like a child after alcohol. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

1 Like

Is it a regular occurrence or a one-off? If he’s not a regular drinker he may have misjudged his intake. I bet he regrets it today if he banged his head.
Obviously if he does it often you need to have a serious word with him as it’s not fair on you, especially if you have to be up for work.

2 Likes

I’am with @WillC if its a one off then have some leeway, if it happens more so then serious word required and I would be very annoyed. I also would give them no sympathy. @Loopylane

3 Likes

He’s not been out for ages, it was his birthday on Tuesday, he has a couple of drink at weekends, but not like this. He doesn’t have a drinking problem, he never drinks during the week, but this isn’t the first time, he’s always like it when he meets up with friends. He annoys me so much, and I never give sympathy when it is self inflicted.

2 Likes

I think he will definitely regret it today, but he won’t learn. He’s an idiot​:rage:

1 Like

Maybe his friends encourage him to drink too much and he’s afraid to say no because of ridicule? If it’s happened before, that may be the case. I’d still have a word with him and maybe say that just cos his friends drink way too much doesn’t mean he has to copy them to be one of the lads.
I understand your anger.

1 Like

He just doesn’t know when to stop, he’s a child, don’t get me wrong I like a drink, but know when to stop, he can’t handle his drink. I’ve had enough of it. I’m so mad.

3 Likes

Oh he know’s how annoyed I am with him. We are round friends next weekend for his birthday, I have warned him we had better not have a repeat, he reckons he’s not drinking again. We will see.x

1 Like

No hun to be blunt, if I have a night out with the boys which is extremely rare because of where we all live it s home early unless it’s a city centre night out where we book hotels :+1: a bit of respect won’t go a miss towards you :kissing_heart:

He was with his friend and my best friend, she was driving, they drove home and had to drive back to mine at 2am, to make sure he was ok, He just gets so stupid when he drinks too much, I hope he has learnt his lesson, as he hurt himself, doesn’t stop me being mad at him. I’ve had enough of it.

2 Likes

@Loopylane I think your well within your right to be to be honest but a bit of consideration wouldn’t go amiss

I would have expected your best friend to keep him in line and bring him back in a fit state.

1 Like

Ask him if hes ok mentally. This is what i do every now and again when i feel life is getting to much go on a mad one as a release. And take it too far Never solves anything but for those few hours i dont have worry .

He said he was ok when he left the pub, think it hit him when he got in the open air, you’d think he’d know better at his age, don’t think he will ever learn.

1 Like

I’ve told him enough times, fed up with wasting my breath to be honest.

He hasn’t been out for ages on his own, if we’ve been out it’s for meals and he’s been ok. He doesn’t touch alcohol in the week because of his job, only weekends. I can’t blame mine or his friend as they never forced it down his throat. He’s big and ugly enough to know better. I’m just venting off my anger and tiredness.

1 Like

Lol sounds like he’ll need to be put on the naughty step for a bit! Hope he tries to make it up to you

1 Like

Gonna lock him up under the stairs and throw away the key​:angry:

2 Likes

Used to similar to your OH, then one day grew up after realising how much time I lost through over indulging, now spead more time drinking 0.0% alcohol drinks, the new zero to low alcohol drinks are much better than they were in the 80s.

Not preaching, everyone has their own choice to make.

1 Like

No, because I am that child :sweat_smile:

In all seriousness, I’ve already learnt my lesson with my limits and know what I can/can’t take and when to stop. He’s lucky he only ended up with a cut. Being that drunk can be really dangerous :face_with_head_bandage:

5 Likes