So who wins Eurovision?

Did anyone else find the german entry a bit of a stalkery song?!

x

masterandslave wrote:

Did anyone else find the german entry a bit of a stalkery song?!

x

I did think the English was bad... that annoys me about the entries in English. Speaking English properly we understand how the words should sound, they end up mangled and obviously foreign people who don't speak English have no idea it sounds rubbish because of that!

Yea she did have an odd accent, makes me wonder what nationality the person was who taught her english. I just found the lyrics themselves like the words of a stalker watching their love from the bushes! No idea what they were thinking when they wrote "I painted my toenails for you, I did it just the other day"

x

PS been singing the flaming greek song all day! damm it's catchyness! Opa!

x

masterandslave wrote:

Yea she did have an odd accent, makes me wonder what nationality the person was who taught her english. I just found the lyrics themselves like the words of a stalker watching their love from the bushes! No idea what they were thinking when they wrote "I painted my toenails for you, I did it just the other day"

x

Another problem with singing songs in other languages... the lyrics might not translate well...

I remember hearing about Shakira being furious when she found out some of the English lyrics to one of her songs:

"My breasts are small and humble." She was not happy apparently!

Yea I don't think the one about golden rain and female scents would be too happy! I quite like that tho part of the Eurovision fun!

x

From Nil Pour to second place, delighted Ukraine won though.

3 Likes

Sam Ryder’s song is listenable and a radio hit.
But Europe likes our song?! Wow.

Love the cheeky viewer who suggested Iceland play La La Ding Dong! :rofl:

:ukraine: :ukraine: :ukraine:

2 Likes

Yo, Ukraine, I’m really happy for you and I’ll let y’all finish, but the banana wolf people had the best performance of all time! :joy:

2 Likes

Yep. A Eurovision classic! :joy: I fully hope to see the wolf/banana/grandma dance take over a dancefloor near me soon… :banana::wolf::older_woman:

2 Likes

You didn’t have to be Einstein to release that Ukraine was always going to win. The world is theatre.

Yeah. To be fair to the Ukrainians though, it was a decent song and a good show. I did love their visuals and outfits, and the traditional one armed massive whistle thing. And the carpet man and the rapping were a lovely touches too​:crazy_face:.

I was really very touched by the solidarity shown to Ukraine​:sob:, and moved too when they immediately put the prize statuette up for auction on the internet to help raise money for ammunition!

1 Like

Not really a fan of Eurovision, but was in a family/friends Whatsapp group and we used to watch and make witty/sarcastic observations a bit like Gogglebox. It was a lot of fun. Due to circumstances we’ve not done it for a couple of years.

2 Likes