Solo bondage

OK, being single again isn't going to stop bondage being one of my biggest turn ons; which got me googling solo bondage play.

Keeping it safe goes without saying, but just wondered if anyone else here has tried it and has any recommendations?

Have just posted a link to an 'Ice Lock' in the Pander to me thread which looks cool.

I like wrapping myself up in tape its fun and a good way to practise alone and I still get an erotic rush from it as I like restriction. Wax play too can be done alone on yourself :) I like flogging myself on the arms and legs can't spank yourself but can practise with floggers and paddles in other areas you like :)

A few ideas that can be done / used solo are rope play, pain play, clamps, pin wheels, temperature play with wax or ice, choking (probably not recommended as it is a dangerous game) etc. I suppose it depends what you are interested in but I hope that I have provided a few ideas, enjoy exploring :)

I like handcuffing myself and playing with my fleshlight. Incredible

I didn't find it effective. So prefer to be bound by Dom.

Tiny bit of a cop out, but could perhaps be used as a gentle introduction, yet it is something i do for solo play.

Firstly secure your legs / ankles, i use either a set of cuffs, bondage tape or sometimes my wives old tights!.

Then i put on wrist cuffs and a blind fold.

As we have a metal headboard i am able to clip (using a pair of carabiners that climbers use) the cuffs to the head board.

Snapping them in is dead easy, but it takes a real effort to remove the first one.
Have fun and stay safe.

Hey everyone 

Just a little reminder that solo bondage isn't safe or recommended practice. 

Sensory play like spanking, tickling, pinwheel play and sensory deprivation are fine because you're not actually bound/restrained.

Actual restraint should only ever be done with a partner/spotter in the room. 

One of the main rules when exploring BDSM is to never leave your restrained partner unattended becuase accidents can happen so easily. Even if, as the Dom, you're only leaving the room for a quick second, you should always release at least one arm, and remove anything which can effect breathing or speech (like a gag) before you do. EVEN IF ONLY FOR A SECOND. 

Please be aware of this while chatting on this thread.

This thread is fine to stay open if you're using the term "bondage" to mean "sensory play", but if you're using it by its actual definition (to bind/restrain someone) then I'm afraid we'll need to close the thread for other members safety. 

Thanks! 

Thanks Jess Wilde. I've only ever tied my legs alone of arms not at same time but yes you're right. I'd never do anything more alone as it is unsafe I have heard some right horror stories and wouldn't recommend it. Thanks for reminder.

I do like and would recommend wax play even alone. With the massage candles you can get here at LH its a great way to also practise massage skills on yourself too :) They're safe candles (and bonus they're vegan )

Vixenchel wrote:

Thanks Jess Wilde. I've only ever tied my legs alone of arms not at same time but yes you're right. I'd never do anything more alone as it is unsafe I have heard some right horror stories and wouldn't recommend it. Thanks for reminder.

I do like and would recommend wax play even alone. With the massage candles you can get here at LH its a great way to also practise massage skills on yourself too :) They're safe candles (and bonus they're vegan )

Ah that's good to know - it sounds like you're being sensible with it :) 

Oooh yes to hot wax play though - with either massage or bondage candles. Definitely a good way to explore sensory play before introducing it to couples play. 

So i've ordered some candles (annoyingly order was tracked as out for delivery today but postie seems to have decided not to bother) and have a flogger and some under mattress restraints (won't use all restraints at once) on wishlist. Maybe try a pinwheel later.

Any more tips on use/games or other toys gratefully received.

Clitoral and nipple clamps while wearing a blindfold is fun for solo playing.

Heidi920 wrote:

Clitoral and nipple clamps while wearing a blindfold is fun for solo playing.

I hadn't really considered clamps as thought they were a bit beyond me at this early exploration but just had a look and they actually don't look too intimidating. Added to the wishlist. Thanks.

Jess has done some great YouTube videos on clamps, definitely makes them less scary than they first seem.

Have a look at bondage webbing, they sell on etsy, some of their gear is for self bondage, its good but expensive after shipping and import duty, easy to DIY with a bit of practice though.

Heidi920 wrote:

Jess has done some great YouTube videos on clamps, definitely makes them less scary than they first seem.

Thanks! Watched the one on solo bondage, and the ones on clit clamps (what and how) all very informative of course and whilst I was watching a 25% off today only email came through so that had to be another order then! Why am I cursed with wanting to try everything!