Sounding and penis plugs

Been thinking about giving this a go for a while. Reviews are totally mixed on the general experience and the different types available. I’m probably average sized at best so a little concerned about pain or after effects. But I love any cock-specific sex toys (of course lol) so I gotta try. Any practical advice or must dos (or donts)? Cheers

There's a guide here some where on sounding, try this as a starter https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=33430 keep every thing clean lots of lube and enjoy, its quite thin as a starter, I got up to 12mm all the way and 15mm to the base of my shaft.

Its a really nice feeling, but don't over do it the first few times or it can sting peeing but a few days off and all good, its possible to slide the one above all the way in and you can get ones that are longer too but thats some time off .

I would suggest starting with sounds. Take things slow, use lots of sterile lube and never try and force things in. (Also don’t pull the sound out quickly after insertion). Some discomfort is normal after, particularly when you first start. It is one of those things, you won’t know if you like it unless you try.

Hi TREBOR_1980

You might find this guide I wrote useful: Beginner's Guide to Urethral Sounding

There's also a follow up video to the one in the guide, on YouTube (sorry I can't link to it!).

You can find our channel via the blog, or by searching Lovehoney on YouTube.

Thanks jess, I've been having problems finding the guides I must be looking in the wrong place.

I have enjoyed sounding for a good few years now and all good advice already. Keep things very clean and take it very slowly. Savlon cream is good to help healing and stop infection. I use a syringe to inject lube deep into the opening which helps. I recomend getting a set that increases by 1mm to allow safe progression. It progressed onto getting a Prince Albert piercing which I love.

All good advice, i would add, that if you get a stainless steel sounding set, ignore the sounds less than 5mm, i think they are too pointed and liable to cause damage, i find 5mm drops in under it`s own weight, from there you can gradually increase by 1mm increments.

All good advice - thanks a lot. Was also struggling to locate the guides so that’s great too. Cheers

Just bought one! Can’t wait to try it already.

TREBOR_1980 wrote:

All good advice - thanks a lot. Was also struggling to locate the guides so that’s great too. Cheers

Yep been here a long time and cannot "easily" find the guides #Jesse? why is there not a tab in say Help section?

I have a couple sounds, strange sensation, not sure I like it.

Quiet ones are worse! wrote:

Thanks jess, I've been having problems finding the guides I must be looking in the wrong place.

Oh nooo...

The quickest ways I find to locate a guide is either through the "Help" drop down:

Help > Help choosing what to buy > Choose Category > Browse guides

Orrr

At the top of the category page.

Eg: Urethral Toys has a link to the relevent guide at the top of the page. (Click read more if you're viewing on mobile)

Orrrr

Search the blog.

Social (drop down) > Lovehoney Blog > Search "Urethral Sounding" > Voila!

Lovehoney - Jess Wilde wrote:

Quiet ones are worse! wrote:

Oh nooo...

The quickest ways I find to locate a guide is either through the "Help" drop down:

Help > Help choosing what to buy > Choose Category > Browse guides

Orrr

At the top of the category page.

Eg: https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/bondage/cock-ball-toys/urethral-sounds/ has a link to the relevent guide at the top of the page. (Click read more if you're viewing on mobile)

Orrrr

Search the blog.

Social (drop down) > Lovehoney Blog > Search "Urethral Sounding" > Voila!

Well I found it eventually by the last method but had no luck using the first two, I don't actually need it but in general finding the guides has been harder than perhaps it should be

Well, thank god for the videos! Glad I watched them before. Made for a comfortable first sounding experience. Absolutely amazed at the way it literally fell into my dick. Kinda wish I’d gone for a thicker one now!! What’s the thickest anyone’s ever gone? And can you permanently stretch your urethra. And what are the consequences of that?

TREBOR_1980 wrote:

Well, thank god for the videos! Glad I watched them before. Made for a comfortable first sounding experience. Absolutely amazed at the way it literally fell into my dick. Kinda wish I’d gone for a thicker one now!! What’s the thickest anyone’s ever gone? And can you permanently stretch your urethra. And what are the consequences of that?

I've been sounding for a few years now and I'm up to a 16mm sound or all of my OH's little finger, it's definitely a time and patience thing as the urethra was not made to stretch, well it's more the peehole that needs the work, and yes it's permanent, I now pee like a fire hose as my peehole is a lot bigger! It is something that can't be rushed and take more time and commitment than anything else we've done. From my experience once you start going big you need more down time to recover as things do get sore and tender so it's not something that can be done every day, thats why it's taken me years to get from an 8mm to a 16mm, it will probably take just as long to get to the 19mm in my set but for me the pleasure and feeling I get from it is well worth the time and effort!

I've been sounding for a few years now and I'm up to a 16mm sound or all of my OH's little finger, it's definitely a time and patience thing as the urethra was not made to stretch, well it's more the peehole that needs the work, and yes it's permanent, I now pee like a fire hose as my peehole is a lot bigger! It is something that can't be rushed and take more time and commitment than anything else we've done. From my experience once you start going big you need more down time to recover as things do get sore and tender so it's not something that can be done every day, thats why it's taken me years to get from an 8mm to a 16mm, it will probably take just as long to get to the 19mm in my set but for me the pleasure and feeling I get from it is well worth the time and effort!

Hi Yes man. That's quite an achievement. I've been sounding for around a month and just got up to 12mm which feels like a huge step up from 11mm. Apart from peeing like a fire hose, have you noticed any difference with cumming and can stretching cause some leakage or higher risk of UTI simply from the urethra and peehole being so much larger?

OddThomas wrote:

Hi Yes man. That's quite an achievement. I've been sounding for around a month and just got up to 12mm which feels like a huge step up from 11mm. Apart from peeing like a fire hose, have you noticed any difference with cumming and can stretching cause some leakage or higher risk of UTI simply from the urethra and peehole being so much larger?

12mm came easier for me too but remember for everyone 1mm sound you go up its 3mm on the circumference so its actually a 3mm stretch so thats why it starts to get harder and take longer! And to answer your questions, Cumming is no different for me, my OH has never told me any different too, leakage is not a problem as I dont go down to the bladder or the sphincter so that doesn't get stretched. As for UTI's as long as you keep things very clean it shouldn't be a problem, As well as thoroughly cleaning my sounds and plugs I also have some alcohol antiseptic wipes that we also use just before play as a last precaution and my OH will always make sure she washes her hand and mostly her finger in antiseptic hand wash, this has worked for me.

Everything has pretty much been covered but simple rules are:

Keep it clean (sterile sounds and lube)

Keep safe and don’t go beyond your limits, If you feel anything more than “slight” discomfort try something smaller

Start the smallest you can find and work your way up, as others have suggested a steel set may be the way to go.

Don’t freeze or heat the sounds before use, this sounds like common sense but people have done some serious damage doing both.

Lastly just experiment and enjoy yourself and the experience. If you don’t like it then don’t think going bigger etc will help, some things are truly love it or hate it and sounding can be a very bizarre sensation. I personally enjoy it from time to time but it’s not something I will put on the top of my list.

I've just got a 10mm very ribbed sound only tried it once but the feeling is great, I've not sounded for a while the ribs help hold the lube I found I did have some silicone ones but I found they "dragged" too much even though they went all the way to my bladder, that was a strange feeling ,stick with steel "rose bud" ones are a nice version like a bead on a thin stick so offer the stretching feeling without the totally full sensation and can go in a long way, don't bend the rod though. Remember to pee after use to flush everything out after play too.

Good insights and advice. Cheers